State of the Dead

Mdau. Do you know about compost manure?
You will be no different…

Mimi nitafufuka at the end of time niingie huko heaven kukula rhumba ya God 24/7

So, the soul is immortal?

Where, from the Bible, do we read that the soul of Jesus went to hell and preached to old souls? Can the soul have existence outside the body? Any verse?

What is the need for resurrection if the soul does not die?

I don’t understand why you have used Luke 23:46 in this context. It talks about resurection and having a glorified body. However, it does not support the idea of an immortal soul. That appears to contradict Ezekiel 18:20 which you have quoted. It implies that souls die.

Where does this perspective come from? Christianity? Islam? Buddhism? Voodooism? And how believable is it?

Good questions. I would like some answers too, but let me share a few insights. A natural body cannot enter heaven. However, a glorified body can. 1 Corinthians 15: 52 “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” You may also read 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18

The idea of Jesus going to hell puzzles me. I have not come across a Bible verse supporting it.

There is a verse to support your idea. Matthew 25: 12 “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

I like how you tackled the questions very well. You also provided some insights that I had not been aware of hitherto. However, the idea of souls going to paradise or hell is disturbing to me. Do you have a Bible verse to back it up? Doesn’t resurrection imply that living beings require all the three components (body, soul and spirit) to exist? Can the soul be (or live, or be conscious) without being infused to a body and a spirit? Where do we read that the soul of Jesus was in hell?

Do you believe Earth is better than heaven?

Interesting perspective. Is sex really the genesis of sin or evil? Is sex the said fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil? I don’t think so. Genesis 2:16-17 provides some insights into the sin problem. “16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” The genesis of sin or evil was disobedience. Eve and Adam were deceived. Eve desired to be wise and like God. Genesis 3:4-6 4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.”

You seem to answer a question that has been bothering my mind. Will all non-Christians go to hell, assuming that they did not hear the gospel? There is no question about those who hear the message, the holy spirit convicts them, but they reject the message. But what about those who never heard of the message? Will all of them be lost?

We have the right person to give you an answer

Elizabeth Nalem, the woman who left her 20-year-old marriage to wed the Holy Spirit is no more.
The woman was found dead a week after she went missing.
The mother of six made headlines a year ago after wedding the Holy Spirit in a colorful ceremony and later going on honeymoon.

https://external-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?w=500&h=261&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnetstorage-tuko.akamaized.net%2Fimages%2F8626f878d64dad6f.jpg&cfs=1&ext=jpg&_nc_oe=6fdea&_nc_sid=06c271&ccb=3-5&_nc_hash=AQFVf1WQV4kn_uCL

Pokot mother of 6 who wedded Holy Spirit in colourful ceremony found dead

[I]Elizabeth Nalem’s decomposing body was found in a West Pokot forest on Saturday, April 2, a week after she went missing.

A police report indicated that the woman was last seen leaving her home to the forest a week before, with a panga and a walking stick, TV47 reported.

However, she did not return home. Police officers believe she was attacked by a wild animal.

The mother of six from Makutano Town said God appeared to her when she was asleep and requested her to leave her husband.

The unusual event surprised curious residents of Makutano who had gathered to witness as the bride was due to be married to the Holy Spirit.

“Today, I am one of those who have received the word of God. I have faced difficulties, and it made me look for God,” she told journalists.

Although Nalem claims she had prior consultations with her husband, Joshua Nalem, he said he was shocked by the day’s events claiming he did not understand what was happening with his wife.

“My wife used to go to church, and what she has decided to do today is shocking. I can’t understand,” Joshua said.

After the wedding, Nalem went to Amudat in Uganda for her honeymoon and also to attend a big crusade.

After the honeymoon, Nalem said she will fly to the United States to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Nalem started walking from Makutano after her wedding and was directed by God to Uganda for her honeymoon and also to attend a crusade.

“I was heading to Makutano Town when God directed me at around 3 am to go to Amudat in Uganda for honeymoon and also to attend a big crusade that will be happening there,” she said.[/I]

Which life would you choose? A life of immortality, presence of God, presence of other faithfuls, presence of people who love God and people or a life of sex and mortality? A life of seeking pleasure, or stated in different words, a life of seeking to please the body is meaningless. Indulgence in sex has brought misery to many instead of pleasure. Many incurable diseases in history could be directly attributed to sexual immorality. Kings, princes, leaders of governments and reputable people in society have been down this road. They lacked nothing hedonistic. But it was all meaningless. King Solomon, a many who had about 1000 women at his behest reflected and said “All is vanity. Vanity of vanities”

Wow! Some bold statements there. But I would like to challenge the idea of sex in marriage being evil. My idea is based on Genesis 2: 25. “Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.” The previous verse talks of one flesh. Genesis 1: 28 “28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” This was before the fall, hence the idea of sex being evil is strange to me.

One more thing, you appear to imply that Jesus lived a perfect life because of his unique birth. However, scripture puts it clearly that Jesus was tested like any human being, but he overcame such temptations . Hebrews 4 15 “15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin.” Aggression, lust, jealousy, murder and so many other evils do not result from the proper use of sex --which is in the marriage institution. What God abhors is sex outside marriage. Hebrews 13:4 “4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” The genesis of sexual immorality is sin.

Clearly, your knowledge of religious matters is above what many people know and profess. But I would like to answer a theological question implied in your discussion. Paul said “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.” Romans 5: 12. “For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.” 1 Corinthians 5: 22. Paul was a straight shooter. If sex was the problem, he would have pointed it out. However, the issue was much more deeper than that.

The problem, in my view, goes back to the idea of free will given to Adam and Eve at creation. God did not create robots whom he remote-controlled. He gave mankind free will. It is a privilege that no other beings enjoy, except angels. However, there was a warning in Genesis 2: 16-17. If mankind chose to obey God and keep off the tree of knowledge of Good and evil, he would have been allowed to partake of the tree of life. However, disobedience revealed in Genesis 3 would have led to physical death and eternal separation, had it not been for the plan of God, which was conceived in eternity. The idea was the salvation/redemption of mankind, hence restoring what was lost, and eliminating the sin problem once and for all. That is why salvation should come from one’s free decision to accept Jesus as Lord and saviour. Salvation gives humankind access to what was lost at the Garden of Eden, among many other benefits. Genesis provides us a sneak peek of who we are as human beings in relation to all other forms of creation, visible and invisible. We also become aware of the fall and how God planned to consummate the idea of redemption and restoration of mankind. The entire Bible is about that simple message.

Interesting story. Now, put it into context.

She’s the one who can validly be said to have communicated with the other world.… not you or me.

@Mzichi Your views?

Exactly

It is the only theory about the afterlife which you can prove. The others you will have to refer to a 'holy book written by mortals thousands of years ago, ( Bible, Quran, Ghitaa etc) for philosophical (not scientific) support.
To bring you closer home: Why didn’t Jesus write a book himuselif when he was man? Its all about He said She said…

It is in the Apocrypha, Gospel of Nicodemus and Gospel of Peter.