Sportpesa

SportPesa cancels all sports sponsorships in Kenya after GOK imposes 35% tax on betting companies

The confirmed withdrawal of sponsorship by sportpesa includes the following entities: Gor mahia AFC Leopards Football Club Nakuru All Stars Football Club SportPesa Premier League SportPesa Super 8 League Sportpesa Quins (also known as Kenya Harlequins

Gor Mahia chairman Ambrose Rachier says GorMahia FC will withdraw from their continental assignments due to SportPesa sports sponsorships cuts.

Back to square 1. Kpl kwisha. No sponsor, no broadcaster waah

1 Like

Giving a few teams 20 million a year or FKF & KRU 100 million a year is peanuts if they are making plus 10 billion a year minimum. Let them pay tax. That could be 3.5 billion to 5 billion a year tax that will go to the sports funds to build stadiums and run federations. Token handouts isn’t enough.

17 Likes

greed ya gava.

3 Likes

wacha tuone kama hiyo tax gava inaitisha itafanya kazi sector ya sports

4 Likes

OP is a fully fledged pure forest mountain babuon…meffi

Bet Way , dafabet , betin , Na mcheza wamepata opportunity ya kugrow .

7 Likes

Karauri ni meffi …5% shares na CEO…Ukrainian fool 30%, American fag 20% …waende wakikauka…tutaBet na bet365

1 Like

Wale wahindi wali-threaten kuhamia Uganda over plastic ban wamefika Malaba yet?

24 Likes

Do you know how much this guy’s make? Hio 35% Ni peanuts. Betting firms zingine zitatakeOver uone SportPesa wakirudi kusponsor. Kwanza sponsorship Ni a good way of advertising

5 Likes

Wawache vitisho baridi meffi wao. They’re even free to leave if they want, we have too many betting companies anyway.

2 Likes

Lakini you guys this is a business entity not a church foundation they are here to make profit .They fund sports sector which has been neglected by the government then a few greedy folks want to ruin the industry by imposing taxes.

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree more gambling will ruin Kenya hata hio 35 iongezwe to 45!

9 Likes

Are you sure the stadiums will be built, or the tax money will just end up in corrupt officials pockets?

At least with the few millions sponsorships we had seen a difference in our local sports.

With all the billions government collects, what has government done to advance local sports… especially football? Nada.

14 Likes

For the first time nitakwambia UPUSS. Na sio kwa ubaya.

2 Likes

Haitafanya anything. Government has never been serious about sports. You should look at the CHAN debacle.

5 Likes

This “funding” is not free, they also get something in return, i.e exposure…so it is a form of advertisement. If I see the sportpesa logo on a Gor Mahia, or any other team’s shirt, I’m more likely to bet with sportpesa. Kwa hivyo walipe ushuru bila kusumbua, meffi wao.

6 Likes

Just because some few people are making some top dollar at the expense of the majority doesn’t make them saints !

3 Likes

Betting should be banned for the well being of @sludgist atleast atafute kitu ya kufanya

6 Likes

Issorait let the funding go ndo mtaona umuhimu wao saaai hamuwezi .I would rather they pay the tax and not fund local sport than pay tax which will probably go to a few greedy folks and still fund our local sport which has been neglected …

2 Likes

Anyone who thinks that the 35% tax that will be paid by Sportpesa will fund Sports in the country is a genuine moron. That money is going to disappear into a few pockets, never to be seen. And this is how the dreams of young sportspersons have been crashed(apart from Running of course). Let us be real. The government has never been concerned with Sports and never will be.Ni hayo tu.

@spear , please post for us Jubilee sports development come the first half of the year. Or even better, the trading year quarters of SportPesa after they have paid tax.

16 Likes