Sometimes It Is The Government's Responsibility To Aid Its Downtrodden... Sad!

Veteran boxer Conjestina Achieng’, whose life took a turn for the worse, has been voicing her anger over being neglected by the country that adored her during her peak times in her boxing career.

[ATTACH=full]382770[/ATTACH]
Photos of the boxer had been shared online, showing the sorry state of the former champion.

[ATTACH=full]382771[/ATTACH]
Caroll Radull (left) pictured with iconic boxer Conjestina Achieng’ at her house in Siaya

Efforts made to reform Achieng’ by taking her to different rehabilitation centres have been deemed futile.
Radull, who recently visited the legend, noted that the boxer was constantly stuck at home alone with her thoughts.
“I am no medical expert, but I see little sense in taking someone to rehab for some time then returning them to the same challenging environment,” she asserted.
“In my layman’s assessment; she is not mad but she does need more rehab to overcome her dependence on abusive substances.
She also needs some counseling (anger management) But she then needs to be in an environment where her mind is kept busy; where her talent is being used; where she feels useful and appreciated.”

The family of the legendary Kenyan boxer has disputed reports that the acclaimed boxer torched her own house in their rural village of Gem, Siaya County. Radull, who had conversed with Achieng’s family, told [I]Kenyans.co.ke[/I] that the incident happened on Thursday, August 27 night. She affirmed that the cause of the fire is yet to be established.

https://www.kenyans.co.ke/files/styles/article_inner_mobile/public/images/media/Radull%20Conje%20(2)_0.jpg?itok=UVngKPme
Award winning boxer Conjestina Achieng’ poses for a photo

“All her clothes got burnt but the house and belts are safe. The fire was inside the house but went off before getting to the roof,” she stated.

A detective privy to the investigations, however, disputed the family’s claims that Achieng’ was not behind the fire.

“From the reports we have, she actually torched the house herself,” the detective, who sought anonymity, told [I]Kenyans.co.ke.[/I]

Shida ya Conjestina ni shida personal, shida ya kifamilia, sio shida ya taifa. Yake ni shida ya kiafya, na facilities ziko, kwa watu wenye shida kama yake. Kama mtu ameharibu ile kidogo amepata, itakuwaje shida yetu wenye hatukupata na yeye?

Kusifu na kumshabikia mkenya mwenzetu akifanya vizuri kwa michezo haimaanishi tumekubali tubebeshwe mzigo wake wa kifedha ile siku atakuwa amesota.

Nobody cares. Let this be a cautionary tale to athletes and other public figures who think the country owes them a living after squandering their cash.

Huku tinasemanga ;pambana na Hali yako. Even when I was struggling I asked my father to lend me some cash ,akaniambia for now hauna familia ni tumbo yako tu ,pambana kijana .today I appreciate him for not fathoming my situation coz I won’t have been as aggressive and conscious of my cash as I am

Hapa gava iingilie kati hata kama in kudunga yeye sindano ya kupunguza aggression.

Former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko’s team landed in Gem Siaya County on Saturday, August 28, to airlift retired boxer Conjestina Achieng’ to Nairobi. The former champion is set to undergo treatment and assessment, following her struggles with suspected mental health complications.

The former governor stated that the retired boxer will undergo a medical check-up, and doctors will determine if she will be taken back to rehab or subjected to other forms of treatment. Sonko swung into action, following reports that the former boxer’s home had been torched by unknown people. But NTV host and sports anchor, Carol Radull, clarified these claims, stating that there was a fire at her home but the damage was not as extensive as it had been reported.

https://www.kenyans.co.ke/files/styles/article_inner_mobile/public/images/media/Mike%20Sonko_2.jpg?itok=WIu9ChXE
Former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko at a past function in 2016

Radull, who had spoken with Achieng’s family, told Kenyans.co.ke that the incident happened on Thursday, August 27 night.
“All her clothes got burnt, but the house, trophies and boxing belts are safe. The fire was inside the house but went off before getting to the roof,” she stated.

[ATTACH=full]382930[/ATTACH]
Retired boxer Conjestina Achieng’

But a detective privy to the investigations disputed the family’s claims, saying that it was Achieng’ herself who set the house on fire.
“From the reports we have, she actually set the house on fire,” the detective, who sought anonymity, told Kenyans.co.ke.

The former boxer, whose life took a turn for the worse, has been expressing frustration, accusing the government and sporting fraternity of abandoning her. Photos of the former boxing champion had been shared online, showing the sorry state she is in currently. Earlier efforts made to help Achieng’ by taking her to different rehabilitation centers have been futile. Radull, who recently visited the legend, noted that she has been spending more time alone, wallowing in deep thoughts; a situation that is likely to have worsened her mental stability.

[ATTACH=full]382929[/ATTACH]
Carol Radull and retired boxer Conjestina Achieng’

“I am no medical expert, but I see little sense in taking someone to rehab for some time then returning them to the same challenging environment,” she asserted.

“In my layman’s assessment; she is not mad but she does need more rehab to overcome her dependence on abusive substances.
She also needs some counselling (anger management). She also needs to be in an environment where her mind is kept busy;
where her talent is being used; where she feels useful and appreciated.”

Renowned boxer Conjestina Achieng’s fall from grace to grass can best be told by her son, Charltone Otieno, 25.

Conjestina had a promising career in boxing, winning medals and flying the Kenyan flag high.

That was before she became mentally ill and settled down at her Siaya home.

[ATTACH=full]384105[/ATTACH]

Charltone with his mum, Conjestina Achieng

Speaking to Word Is, Charltone shared memories of the day his mother started showing signs of mental illness.

“We would go to the gym and train. But one day, we went there and she just sat, doing nothing, and told me she is busy,” he said.

Charltone, 16 at the time, lived with his mother in Nairobi, and he witnessed her condition worsening day by day.

“She locked me in the house, saying there are people after me. I was locked in the house from morning to evening, then she came back with a gift, a bicycle. The next day, she lit a fire in the house, burning her important documents, photos.”

After observing the queer behavior of his mother, he called his grandfather, who came and took her to the hospital.

Since then, Conjestina has been in and out of the hospital but still remains mentally unstable.

[ATTACH=full]384104[/ATTACH]
Sonko with Conjestina Achieng [in red jacket] and seven other recovering addicts at Naivas Ukunda on Sunday

Recently, reports emerged that the boxer had burnt down her house in Siaya.

“If she was to burn her house, she would have done it long ago. It was an accident and it was put out but her personal things and clothes burnt down,” Charltone said.

Even though she is mentally ill and confined to a village hut, memories of her glory days are fresh in her head.

“Mum remembers everything. It is only that when she talks to you, she says some irrelevant things.
She feels neglected, sometimes she can go to a corner and talk to herself the whole day. On such days she doesn’t eat or even sleeps.
The next day she is hyper.”

Charltone was raised by a single mother, and he hopes to know his father one day.

“I asked her when I was six years old. She said she will answer me when I’m old enough,” he said.

“I’m now old enough but I can’t ask it, she is not in the right state of mind. I would like to know him, whether dead or alive.”

https://www.the-star.co.ke/sasa/word-is/2021-09-03-conjestina-locked-son-home-burnt-her-papers/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1PVPjCp4Lhb86E-_va_xHerUc5FaaE_n-StEVrs5jxLviBwpbfDfyVbD8#Echobox=1630635601

Conjestina has permanent brain damage. Her brain gone. Watu hawataki kukubali. She’s never going to get better. Her brain cannot be transplanted. IT’S GONE FOR GOOD.

All the concussions she got from her offensive style DESTROYED HER BRAIN. When watching her matches, referees were constantly stopping fights to warn her to protect herself.
SHE HAD BAD COACHES THE NEVER TAUGHT HER DEFENSIVE BOXING.

Most pro boxers get 2-5 good clean shots to the head. Conjestina would get like 20 per match from professional boxers.

CTE IS NOT REVERSIBLE. SHE’S GOING TO DETERIORATE UNTIL SHE GOES SENILE.

DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN PLAY CONTACT DOORTS LIKE RUGBY OR BOXING.THEY WILL GET CONCUSSIONS AND LOOSE THEIR BRAINS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7EDmf2G9J4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvfpMp2gWdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKfoatl8hk

She’s not the first CTE patient to burn down her house. Quite common to destroy personal property when you have CTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKfoatl8hk