Should I take a loan for a car? Advice

Most car loans are like for 4 yrs and the banks ask you to pay like 30% of the cost of the car. So if you are buying a car for say 1 mill, you should have around 330k in the bank. But you may get a bank/sacco that is lenient on such rules.

Also, most banks wont allow you to buy a car more then 8yrs but again, you may get a bank/sacco that doesnt care.

If you want a good deal on a car, look for those repossessed by banks. They are some yards around for this purpose so ask at your bank/banks if there are any deals available and go check them out. You may get a very good deal this way as banks will mostly want to recover what wasnt paid on the loan and maybe a slight profit

Huyu ni peasant, he cant afford a new car. Achukue loan tu roho safi, aende jiji atafute toyota ya 300k for his first car.

At 39 years jamaa ameteseka sana kufinyana na watoto kwa matatu wakiliaia na kupaka watu makamasi. Nunua gari mjamaa, dont even think twice. Si lazima uende nayo job kila siku.

Ndemakufu be kind :D:D

ajipange kujifunza job ya mechanic ju haitawai kosa kasolo siku mzima.

You are very CORRECT:)

Nah take a loan and treat ur boyz in vasha

And the in-house financing option, does it attract interest? Do they adjust it to inflation? Or u just the “balance” alone?

The guy should consider this. Find a well maintained vehicle. With 350-450 you will get a nice low consumption car. It’s not that expensive to buy a car, he might not even need a loan

Why do they get that 6k allowance that commuters get?
Is it some kind of pressure to influence you into having a car?

These are Pakistanis owners of showrooms. You put in a deposit and then you agree to pay the rest on installments.

If you want a well maintained toyota Allion a KB something, talk to me. I have one m planning to dispose.

A car is very important…my advice, take a full loan to buy . if you have some money , dont use it as deposit to buy the car…instead, invest in something small that can help you repay the loan and eventually grow into something big

Depending on your negotiation skills you will pay an extra 30 - 40k.

Jinga, stick to the topic

Did this exactly, got a very very good deal for my SUV. Repossessed, saved like 800K based on its valuation

Low IQ advise by a bonobo

Hehe huonangi ghost ya previous owner usiku akilia, when you look at the rear view mirror:D:D:D

Kenyans are a superstitious lot, most would not touch auction items even with a 10 foot pole.

Hakuna kitu kama hiyo, angelipa loan vizuri gari aingevutwa. Mimi kama fisi I just scavenge to avoid gari mzuri isiuzwe kama scrap metal

These pakistanis are rip offs. They inflate the price of the car if you are doing hire purchase. Better to take a bank loan at 14%. The pakistanis ukicalculate hiyo interest ni kama shylock alafu they keep the logbook in their name so ni kama unaendesha gari yao mpaka ile siku utamaliza kulipa. Gari ikiibiwa or ipate accident serious before umalize kulipa utajua hujui.

Take the bank or sacco loan but put up as much deposit as you can to make the loan repayment as low as possible. Then start with an affordable car which has not been used locally worth maxiumum 700k. Piga hesabu ya insurance and things like tracking which the bank will insist on.

Hehehe. Wacha hekaya.