satphone

I’ve been a little curious about satellite phones so I wish to ask those in the light.
1 Do they have a call rate?To who do you pay
2 Can they make calls to terrestrial phones from a satphone
3 Now that we know terrestrial calls can be intercepted,are calls from sat phones permeable? can call logs be retrieved from it to be used as evidence in the event that a crime has been committed?

Whatever you are formulating in your head…

Ain’t good…

3 Likes

Uko na shida mingi kwani unaharisha

Where did the rain start beating you[ATTACH=full]76507[/ATTACH]

6 Likes

:D:D:D:D:D:D

wacha nisaidie mura…

1. yes they have subscription fees you pay to service providers like Thuraya
  2. they make calls to any other phones…sometimes with a time lapse coz of the uplink and downlinking complexities i can’t explain as a layman…
  3. i don’t know about intercepts pengine @Mjuaji , members wanaofanyia NIS, CIA, Mossad, na telecoms engineers watusaidie juu hata mimi niko curious…
6 Likes

My buddy used to be a regional tech guy in the early 2000’s and used to have a Thuraya sat phone. From what I recall the rates are quite high like 500 per min then. You could call anywhere and receive calls from wherever. The network is satellite and I doubt if they have time for BS from goverments around the world since they have their own satellites in orbit.

2 Likes

hehehe…izi vitu si tuliacha 2016?

1 Like

do not always be negative about the intel governments seek from telcoms. most of it is well meant for our own good and safety. the only bad cases are where some rogue officers/political outfits use the intercepts for their benefit…

1 Like

Any electronic or digital gadget can be traced hata satelite phones… If Osama waa alive he would have told you he doesnt trust them. Or ask the Hamas guys. Once they discovered their satelite phones were being used by Israel to send helicopter airships to kill them while driving.

3 Likes

woow!!this is good info @somesay

1 Like

To answer your questions
1.They have call rates but dependent on your service provider
2.Some terrestrial service providers block calls from sat phones but some don’t so calls are allowed
3.Unless you are running your own sat and with encrypted transmission,calls interception are easy pickings in security circles,also logs and all your data can be handed over by your service provider when requested

2 Likes

Don’t ITU protocols prohibit access blockage?

And another shinyeye under the pay of a certain RWNBP and calling himself a media mogul, is advocating satellite phones to transmit elections results

2 Likes

there’s something to this clamour for “electronic”…

1 Like

thanks for the info

You mean recommendations

thought their recommendations as you choose to call them are ratified by member states and enforced through acts of parliament…

Encryption is everything else any one with a keyboard and skills could be dropping bombs, emptying bank accounts and creating general anarchy. I have checked online on claim of breaking of Thuraya encryption cipher and it’s from 2012. If it was that easy they could close business tommorow. Just last year CIA/FBI were on their knees begging Apple to decrypt a terrorist iPhone. Most guys imagine that governments are run buy super humans which is quite far from the truth.

1 Like

:D:D:D

1 Like

http://www.thuraya.com/pricing-plans