Rosemary Odinga has brain tumor, to undergo surgery

Kibra MP aspirant Rosemary Odinga has a brain tumor but it is non-cancerous, a source within the hospital has told the Star.
Rosemary, Cord leader Raila Odinga’s second born, was admitted at Agha Khan University Hospital on Friday with a headache, and moved to Nairobi Hospital on Sunday.
The source said she had been in the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit before she was moved back to Aga Khan on Monday morning.
A doctor at The Aga Khan, who spoke to the Star in confidence, said Rosemary has meningioma, a brain tumor that is not life-threatening but applies pressure to the brain.
A meningioma is not harmless as it can cause blindness, problems with movement and multiple other complications as it grows and presses into the brain.
It is not immediately life-threatening but remains a serious threat to Rosemary’s health, as it in the meninges - the lining between the brain and the skull.
Rosemary is being examined by two surgeons who will decide if she should undergo surgery. The removal of the tumor involves lengthy neurosurgery and is followed by radiotherapy.
Other sources close to Rosemary
said her hospital records were
untraceable and that only family
members were allowed to visit.
Rosemary, 39, is functionally the first born following the death of her older brother Fidel on January 4, 2015.
She is followed by Winnie Odinga
and Raila Odinga Jnr who is the last born.
Read: Rosemary Odinga in ICU
Rosemary announced in January that she will vie for Kibra MP in the August 8 general election
Her father was the Lang’ata MP
before the constituency was split into Kibra and Lang’ata.
Rosemary is known for being the only snail farmer in East Africa.
Since June 2015, as the patron of
Key Empowerment Foundation Kenya,
she has been at the forefront of
facilitating youth and women to apply for and get birth certificates and ID cards to enable them fully access government services.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/02/20/rosemary-odinga-has-brain-tumor-to-undergo-surgery_c1510036

This is so sad.
Twamuombea kila la heri.

lazima huyu msichana wetu atapona vizuri sana

5 Likes

Inshallah!

‘…the only snail farmer in East Africa.’ Creepy as they come.

6 Likes

It is quite unfortunate and I hope she gets better but as the bible says…the sins of the Father will be visited upon his children and his childrens children.

Mzee Jomo committed a lot of sins.

4 Likes

I wish her well and quick recovery

1 Like

I wish her well and quick recovery

1 Like

Quick recovery, Personally I would advice her to do like the Kibakis…Forget about politics and concentrate on her condition and healing.

1 Like

With Fidel gone, the Odingas need someone in politics by nook and crook when baba leaves the scene. Political families always need someone on the inside of the country’s politics. It is unfortunate that she has to take over the mantle… the other guy that suffered a stroke atacheza chini tu

2 Likes

Dear Lord, mtembelee .
Wishing her a quick recovery

In all other specialties I would trust Aga Khan; however I don’t believe Neurosurgery is their forte. (True story) There’s this lady in our circle of friends, her mother started bumping into objects, headaches, feeling weak etc. They were puzzled at this change in behaviour so they took her to Aga Khan, where a brain MRI showed a tumor compressing her nerves. The doctors advised that she needed surgery or she would go blind. Apparently the surgery was being done through the nose? :eek: After the surgery was over, they took her to intensive care for recovery but she kept bleeding, and those doctors were having trouble stopping it. Eventually, the family saw the situation was becoming critical and decided to fly their mother out of the country ASAP. She had several operations which stopped the bleeding and everyone was very happy with the progress. Until the day she just collapsed and died, autopsy results showed massive and sudden bleeding in the brain. All I’m saying is that the Odinga family should shop abroad for the best neurosurgeons they can possibly find. Brain surgery is not a hernia operation or simple gallbladder surgery. You get one shot. If they mess up, the chances of long term neurovegetative state or death is quite high. I wish her a quick and successful recovery!

1 Like

hii ni mpya…:smiley:

may she get well soon…

4 Likes

mwalimu bado macho imefungana, toa marking scheme kutoka 9.30 prizz :smiley:

3 Likes

My current last born is also admitted somewhere in Nairobi, sadness of being a parent.

Why the shock at going to the brain through the nose? its one of the easiest routes. But shit happens in any surgery. The fact that your friend’s mother died after the surgery is should not throw shade on the abilities of the neurosurgeons at Aga Khan. If they had left a tube in there after the surgery, then it would be valid

4 Likes

The Bible also says that The son won’t bear the punishment of his father’s sin and the father won’t bear the punishment of his son’s sin. A contradiction some might say, but it’s there in the Book.

5 Likes

Paybill?

Pole sana for the Odinga family. May she get well soon.

2 Likes

Quick recovery to her.