Rip software engineers

https://twitter.com/cognition_labs/status/1767548763134964000?s=19

1 Like

Noma Bana.

At first developers had to develop an os inorder to write code, then msdos and Unix came.along and the feeling was developers were doomed since now the hardest part had been solved, but that created even more demand for developers.
Then high level languages came along and developers needed not to deal with registers and memory allocations, and the feeling was anyone could code since it was high level. But that still created extra demand.

Then came the frameworks and we thought since all the hard parts had been abstracted, but still more demand, now comes the more code focused LLMs, the likes of copilot but I think they will create an even bigger demand for developers, but retooling will be a must.

Wah just today, I was in a sales pitch for co-Pilot. Great tool. Even on programs that I don’t use like one-note, I can go to a meeting, as I’m taking notes, can share them with my peers and they can ask questions in real time. Plus you have a permanent storage. Sometimes I work will driving, trying to scribble notes, that you can’t find later… all that will be gone. That co-Pilot can search and organize anything on your outlook, PowerPoint , excel…. Just amazing. You can literally make a presentation out of emails and notes from the past , using a one-sentence command.

1 Like

Its funny how just 10 years ago people thought automation would replace peasant laborers doing repetitive tasks such as brick laying. Nature has a funny way of punching people in the teeth. People doing skilled jobs are more likely to be replaced by AI than the guy driving a forklift at a warehouse in Industrial Area.

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.

1 Like

It appears that the best case scenario for software developers is to learn continuously for their entire career. If you learn how to make a pizza today, you will not need to learn anything new for at least 10 years because the process doesn’t change significantly. I think tech bros will be signing up for 25 to life of learning. Ukizubaa kidogo you become jobless.

1 Like

Am going to launch an app soon hila kusaidiwa na mtu yeyote

1 Like