Rental construction requirements.

@Wakanyama ,a very respectable member of this village, I would request you to shed some light to me and the others who might be interested in building rental houses in urban town like Muranga. I have learnt from your previous threads that you have vast wealth of experience in building and construction.Which are the requirements from county Government, Nema, NCA, health officials etc. What are the charges per each office. Yesterday in the standard Newspaper there was an article that the Government has lifted all the levies on building, is it pronto or will have to wait for some years to be implemented? @Wakanyama and others with vast knowledge on the sector please enlighten us.

And on a similar note, how are land transfers being done now that land boards were disbanded?

  1. Iyo board ya kuonyesha what is being constructed, who the civil engineer, architect, period of construction…bla bla…huwanga inalipio…i think 15k hapa nairobi…so in mungiki county could b cheaper…n by the way most buildings kwa estate hazikuangi nazo so [SIZE=1]i think kitu kidogo huongea everywhere:D[/SIZE]

with county govt in place its hell, all requirements ni pesa. dont go for them ,just start constructing wakifika chotea hao kitu kidogo,otherwise if u follow due process utakamuliwa mirrions


The one you hear most often, though, is “kitu kidogo” — a little something. That is the Kenyans’ resigned way of referring to the bribes, kickbacks and pervasive graft that keep their country at the shameful end of Transparency International’s corruption index year after year.

Cops on the street ask for a little something. If you try to get a deed for your house, you have to fork over a little something. Top Kenyan officials are widely believed to make millions from little somethings. When an illegally built apartment building collapsed recently, killing dozens, and I wrote about the disaster, one person commented on Twitter, “Nchi ya kitu kidogo” — it’s a country of a little something.

Foreigners living in Kenya have begun adopting the phrase, as well. “Man, the kids were really annoying me today,” an exasperated friend told me in the grocery store recently, “so I had to get them their kitu kidogo.” In his hand was a bag of candy.

Kenya is thoroughly bilingual, with Swahili and English spoken everywhere from the veldt to the center of the capital, and popular turns of phrase may come from either language. So what’s the term Kenyans in the latrine-starved slums invented for the humiliating practice of relieving yourself into a plastic bag, cinching a knot in it and hurling it as far away as possible?

That’s a “flying toilet.”

The cost for appoval by the county government depends on the total floor area you’re about to built. Normally, the county governent of Nairobi cost of approval is 1% of the total estimated cost-Normally 30K per sq Metre. I don’t know about other kanjos.

Hire a professional to take you through some things. Hii ni kama kuuliza Dr. Luther to treat kaswende online…

Bring the views you have instead of purely bashing me

I wasn’t bashing. I was giving advise. If you feel bashed that’s on you. If you have specific project parameters, size, land location, number of units, quality of finishes etc, I can do an appraisal for you at a fee.

And how many sq km is 50 by 100?if I may ask. forgive my naivety that’s why I’m asking.

Hapo Sawa

Nope. Whatever you decide to build, say 2 bedroom apartment. Total sum of the area…include all floors and then multiply by about 30K

wakanyama ni mtu wa kuchimba choo, ukifikia apo umuulize

Mimi hujenga weekends and public holidays peke yake to avoid those buggers.

First get the architect to get the drawings approved by the local government. …while there, he will be told the different costs you should pay, kuna ya health, then there is change of user from residential to commercial etc etc…ukitoka hapo, then go to NEMA to get their certificate…after that now head to NCA…At NCA, they will want a contractor who is registered with them plus his certificate attached, they will ask to see a sign board with the name of the developer (you), the name or company of the general contractor, civil (structural engineer) & quantity surveyor, while still at NCA, they will force you to fence the entire site, provide safety signs & provide your workers with the necessary attire eg boots, overalls, helmets etc then you will also need the main workers stone mason, carpenters, foreman to be registered with NCA & have badges…depending on the county you will be told to pay a certain percentage of the total BQ as levy ndio sasa wakupatie NCA compliance certificate…

Ukifuatwa hiyo yote ya NCA si cost of construction itakuwa juu sana

Good info… Thanks. I have alot of taxes to pay before I break through. This are the setbacks to the peasants who are trying to secure a kambloti.

Inbox I can facilitate everything for you.

@Ubongo ,kama ploti haiko kwa town sana na sio magorofa ,wewe anza kujenga wakikuja unawapatia kitu kidogo