Relocating to Majuu

Having lived in the u.s for 17 yrs I’ll tell you this; migrate if you are in your twenties, going to school, holding two jobs one is always so pressed of time, and that’s the thrilling part about majuu!once you find success , you’ll have so much time on your hands and no social life! Boredom will wreck havoc on you, there’s a reason Prozac is the best selling drug hukus and sadly depression is catching up with Kenyans here. Good luck all the same

5 Likes

Leta hekaya bwana…story nusu nusus hatutaki hapa…Did you try and kill yourself and then given Prozac? Mbona umerudi after 17years?

1 Like

I’m yet to come back I have a few things to wrap up. That said I’m home every winter.As for Prozac, it’s part of breko for most folks around here! I don’t do drugs.

I wish to relocate to the US of A for work, nimegive up na huku kwetu. currently im holding a stable deadbeat job with no solid financial future. im in my early thirties. what are my chances?

1 Like

I’m not an expert on the subject matter, but the most important thing is to be here legally.At your age, STEM majors are the way to go. Other than that, there are many many other jobs you can take up if you aren’t choosy.

1 Like

im a bizness major although kufanya STEM subjects ama MBA siwesmind if i finish in 5-7 yrs, i dont mind odd jobs as long as theres a light at the end of the tunnel.

Finance majors ? I would not advice on such. Not unless you’ve been accepted to an elite business school you’ll end up going nowhere. You are competing against Americans younger than you for the same job position and as a grad student , you are looking for a mid level position which is highly competitive .If you know of any Kenyans here ask them how it panned out for them. Having a different diction becomes a handicap to one’s progression in such a field. But as we all know there are always outliers in everything . Lean more toward pharmacy math and engineering. Best of luck!

1 Like