Reduce legal age of adulthood/consent/criminal responsibility to 15 years.

I believe it’s the high time legal ‘maturity’ age is pegged at 16 years. Or even 15 like several other countries. Of course Kenyans just love burying their heads in sand and prefer hypocrisy as the default source code of the society. Look, all these kid aged 15-16 years are engaging in sex at a much higher frequency than adults. It’s the high time they are slapped with IDs and told they’ll be very much responsible for their actions. In my world, any boy or girl who freely engages in sex is mature enough to know the consequences. All these kayole gangs are made up of kids as young as 14 years willing to shoot you dead at the slightest provocation. They need to be dealt with as adults not children. Our grandmothers used to get married even at 15 years. Some of these girls aged 16 years are more experienced in sex matters than many adults and someone has the audacity to call them ‘innocent kids’ Wote wapewe IDs so that they damn well know they are responsible for their actions. Those burning schools, if they had IDs, would be tried as adults and not as juveniles. I am very bitter because a niece I was sponsoring in high school is now pregnant at 16 years and my around 120k I had paid thus far gone down the drain. And she is asking me for ‘advice’. I don’t have one. I don’t think there is anyone i have given more advice than this girl after her mom(my sister) left the country yet it seems she was thinking i am a fool. Alright.

I AGREE they should reduce the legal id age to 16 , nimechoka kujifichaficha nikisample hizi vitu . Colombia it is legal to marry at 16 na hawasumbui .

Ageing feminists would go mad with fury and jealousy. In fact many women who claim that a 16 year old girl is a kid were themselves FREELY engaging in sex at 14 years.

Let kina @Mrs4thletter wakubali they have grown old and we sample women 16 to 22 years max

Given the kind of betrayal that my niece has done to me, i won’t also mind a 16 year old. I am also getting fed with always getting the shorter end of the stick. I can’t always be playing Mr Considerate only for the society to be vomiting on me. And she had the audacity to tell me that her ‘boy friend’ was ‘too handsome and caring to resist’…no remorse whatever because fools like karl marx will sort out her mess.

being a nice guy was left in the 90s nowadays we have women who wont mind breaking your heart in a second na umekuwa faithful for ten years so , wajipange . i always advice young guyz kazi ya bibi ni kuzaa na DNA confirmation is a must . akishazaa akileta kichwa aende kwao na nilisema silipi mahari na silipi .

It’s times like these that i wish i were an MP. I would boldly ignite that debate and if these women MPs try to pin me down, i would ask them a very simple question: If any of them was a virgin by the time she was 18.

I totally agree with the sentiments above. Msichana akifika 16 ametosha mboga bora wafunzwe kuchunga mimba. Ama niaje @mayekeke? Infact, it should be made a crime for an abled bodied woman to reach 22yrs without getting married. Hawa ndio hutusumbua…

If i may ask, how does giving her an ID help in matters responsibility; apart from allowing Ngombe ya Wenger @Uwesmakamuzi legally dryfry minors left right and center. Case in point…you niece is pregnant, would an ID have instilled responsibility into her? Now that she’s a minor, if you found out the makanga is 30, shouldn’t justice prevail and have Uwes and his dryfry culprits punished?

and they would all answer yes, the hypocrites! then what?

Punished for what and she enjoyed… . Endelea hapo ati minor na ukipewa huyo dem anakubeba mpaka unaitisha maji ya kunywa na karai

Wewe buda vipi, kwani I’m the resident paedophile??? 16 it is.

Well, she will subconsciously be aware that she is no longer a kid. No, a 16 year old is not a ‘minor’ in Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway,Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom and many other countries.
Are those countries having higher teenage pregnancies than Kenya? No. In fact, Kenya with its ‘tough’ legal age of consent is witnessing alarmingly high rates of HIV infections among these ‘kids’.

Apana Hehehe nakumbuka you once suggested this motion… Sixteen huwa sweeeeet yaani ni kama maembe imeiva lakini haijakua soft saaana just sweet and juicy

After I totally agree with your whole post, you come and post this shit? I know it’s upsetting and disheartening but Karl life is just like that. Find better positive ways to deal with the bad stuff that comes your way…going after 16yr olds just coz boys are…NO!:mad:

In fact, if the age is reduced to 16 or even 15, it would work to the overall benefit of the society. Look at this way: there is a 16 year old ‘hot’ high school girl in the hood and two dudes. One is a ‘respectable’ young banker and the other one a carefree, chang’aa imbibing tout. While the banker would ideally make a move on the girl if she was over 18, he will think twice before making such a move. He decides to wait until the girl is over 18. However, the tout doesn’t care and soon enough, he has impregnated the girl and disappeared into thin air. Thus, the girl begins the single motherhood journey.

However, if the legal age was 16, probably the banker would have made a move and if, accidentally, the girl became pregnant, he being ‘responsible’ would have taken the responsibility. Further, the banker, knowing too well the value of education, would take the girl back to school.

By insisting on the legal age being 18, responsible men shun 16 year old girls, leaving them to get impregnated by very irresponsible dudes who don’t mind doing time at kamiti. We would only require a law that stipulates that if you impregnate a 16 year old, you are supposed to ensure that she goes back to school at your cost.

[SIZE=5]What others say:[/SIZE]

A leading health expert today called for the UK’s age of consent to be lowered to 15, saying we need a national debate on the subject of when sex should be allowed.

Professor John Ashton said there was an argument for lowering the age from 16 in an effort to “draw a line in the sand” against sex at 14 or younger.

He said we society gives out “confused” signals about when sex is permitted, and that many 15-year-olds are unsure of where to turn for support.

He said: "My own view is there is an argument for reducing it to 15 but you cannot do it without the public supporting the idea and we need to get a sense of public opinion about this.

"I would not personally argue for 14 but I think we should seriously be looking at 15 so that we can draw a line in the sand and really, as a society, actively discourage sexual involvement under 15.

“By doing that, you would be able legitimately to organise services to meet the need.”

Prime Minister David Cameron has already rejected the call, with Downing Street saying the age of 16 is designed to protect children.

But is Britain unusual in maintaining the age of consent at 16, and how does we compare to the rest of the world?

In Europe, countries who have the age of consent set at 16 include Cyprus, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland.

For Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14, and in France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15.

Spain did have one of the lowest ages of consent on the continent at just 13, but recently agreed to raise this to 16.

Throughout the rest of the world, there are big variations.

In Bahrain, it is set at 21 for women who want to marry without their father’s consent, while in nearby Saudi Arabia, all sex outside of marriage is illegal but there are no laws limiting the age at which you can get married.

In China, the age of consent is 14, in Iraq it is 18, while in Japan it is five years lower at 13.

The likes of Brazil, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador and Colombia all have it set at 14.

And in some countries - such as Chile - the minimum age of consent is 14, but there are legal restrictions on sexual activities up to the age of 18, and homosexual sex is illegal before that age.

Australia’s age of consent varies between 16 and 17 depending on which territory you are in, and the same goes for America where it ranges from 16 to 18 between different states.

In Angola, the age of consent is just 12.

life expactancy age is coming down daily hii consent age its high time irudishwe chini dem unampea ball at 16 ingine at 20 ingine at 25 then sasa munaishi in peace watoi wanaishi vizuri by the time you die at 50 watoi ni ma teenager .

if you notice the age of consent is lower in countries that have been in major wars…

MZEE ,

FINLAND , Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland. ZILIKUWA KWA MAJOR WAR GANI ?