Real Estate,Land Speculation and the Folly of Wealth Creation in Kenya.

I knew you will be allover this thread making Bullshit assumptions… my reply is based on very on basic maths.
The aveage cost of building a mall in Nairobi is 70k/sqm . They have 215000 sqm of letable space which translate to 15b.
And the cost of the land is approximately 2.5 b throwing in the master plan and now you have an idea of how 20b was arrived at . Io $30m yako ni hesabu ya base ya jaba. Before that price was settled on a valuation was done and they also know the potential buyer will do his own valuation… that is what will be used to negotiate. It’s perfectly ok to not know shit.

Boss,if I did I would have gotten rid of it without any hesitation.

I visited my father’s home in Limuru around December 2018,with a mission of convincing my uncles and aunts that I wanted to sell off my inheritance as fast as possible so that I raise seed money for my startup.To add salt to injury,I went ahead and nonchalantly mentioned that I was even willing to sell it at half the going price of two acres because I was 25 then and never cared to own a piece of land in the first place.

The shock and horror that engulfed that room in a split second was like from a movie script.They couldn’t believe that this cityslicker was talking about selling land like it’s a pair of shoes.Karibu nichapwe kama mwizi:D

I have not been back there ever since.

Wewe! My fren! Ulifanya hivyo?! Hahahaaaa… Wewe iko na makende saba. Takes lots of guts to do that.

But one needs to have a good plan. I saw my neighbors do that back home. We relieved them of the land very fast. But they squandered the money. Fenced off the parcel and sunk a well. Not a bad investment so far.

As a parasite capital owner i hate city life. nyumba lazima tujenge mashinani bwana. A small heaven on earth . Not roaming around looking for Airbnbs

None of them stays there. Grand dad died and his wife moved to a small apartment. The house was too big for her

IMO inamaanisha nini,I want to understand everything

Wapi huko,that kalandlord of yours is killing business

Kenya is not developed. Many towns are growing to become cities. Only those who own land in the future cities will profit from their investments. 30 years ago land in Rongai and Kitengela was considered to have no value. Today an acre in those 2 areas is enough to earn you great returns if you bought it before they rose in price.
Bill Gates today is the largest land owner in USA. It’s because he knows the value of land.

Meno brown niaje

By the way Bill Gates is not chasing urban land. He is chasing agricultural land.

Kaa mbali na mimi,utaniambukiza umaskini aiseee

Meno brown nakupea attention ile hupati nyumbani juu wewe ni Mwanaharamu

Admin huyu ana chafua thread…wee kaa mbali na mimi,sinuki meffi…najua unapenda kunusanusa

Nyumba iko kenyatta road. 28K per month for a 3 bedroom bungalow, own compound.

what city are talking about man? Do u know the debt levels of this country? Unafikria waterfront owners wakiuza hizo 50 acres hawajui ninini wanafanya?

Kenya is not making any more new cities soon unless we discover a new natural mineral. Our insane debt levels will ensure that we spend the next 10 decades trying to undo the mistakes of uhuruto and more to come

Nirushie number yako inbox

Boss, do you about the strides that agriculture is making to ensure that soon even 0.5acre will be enough to feed a whole city? Look at how desert countries like Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are feeding their populations.
Go down to Australia and see what is happening.

As for shelter, i keep saying that if you can spare just $400 from your income in this country for rent utaishi kama mtu amejenga mansion ya 15M. The only difference is that wewe hio 15M itakuwa ikikufanyia kazi.

The days of spending millions to put up a shelter are long gone. Ikifika ni watoto the best inherirtance u can gift them is an education, exposure and an enlightened view of the world. Not 2 acres in kajiado!

215000sqm @ 66% occupancy = 141900sqm
Average Price per sqf =ksh 350
141900sqm =1527398.89sqf
Do the math … you can recover your money in a reasonable amount of time.
And trust me that is prime real estate finding a 50acres block land next to the road is a tall order. It may take sometime to see but I can guarantee kuna buyer’s

Hesabu za upuzi…stick.to conning them clients

You were sounding a bit smart before you went off on this tangent. So someone was saying something about Bill Gates buying massive amounts of land. That guy is all about tech and that is how he is going. Why? Grain is not grown on shelves. Not yet.