Quite a scare, mjichunge

Mefffiii sana hii fear mongering ndio hatutaki, umelipwa ngapi na sirikali?

Nada. Prevention is better than cure

Poleni. Why are they treating her for pneumonia? Does she have a fever? Cough? Elevated white count? Infiltrates or lung consolidation on chest X-ray? To me sounds like congestive heart failure exacerbation which is treated with diuresis (taking fluid out of her lungs, which will improve her breathing and oxygen requirements). Not every breathing issue is covid! Otherwise, try to spend time with her as much as possible even while she’s in the hospital; remember that elderly people don’t have much functional reserve like youngins so please keep a close eye on the care she’s receiving.

I lost my dad under such circumstances in April this year. X-ray showed that his lungs had some infection and the doc administered erythromycin to him. All I can say ensure his room is warm because my dad used to faint at night when temperatures were too low. Hiyo room ya hosi ilikuwa too cold hadi my dad alikuwa anatumia four blankets. Unfortunately, I got the clue when it was too late.

No fever, no cough, just a bit of phlegm. Went with pneumonia based on fluid seen around lung area and chest cavity, yet she has tested twice for covid. This is at KNH btw. She’s been taken to HDU due to her oxygen reqs…I’m sure it’s her chronic heart condition which has probably deteriorated over the past month leading to all this but for sure she had all the signs of covid…we’re praying and trusting that once the fluid is drained she breathes normally and gives us another 20 or so years.

Poleni sana @ombudsman. May your dad continue to rest in harmony. Will take action on this although sasa pale HDU is like covid isolation so no visitors…hata haieleweki. They’ve insisted on treating it as though it’s covid. We’re just praying all goes well.

Yah, assuming all the 1million people get infected.

:smiley:

Pole sana.

Amen.
God be with you and your family.
All the best.

I pray that her breathing will be fully restored! A quick and dirty way to assess her progress is by asking whether her oxygen requirements are decreasing or increasing. You’ll also need a cardiologist to evaluate her heart thoroughly, an echocardiogram would be helpful to check her valves, pump function etc. Please be as proactive as you can. Do not assume! All the best!

Poleni sana @ombudsman
Ilikuwa covid or something else with covid-like-symptoms?

We are brave, we don`t care

Congestive heart Failure usually has breathing issue symptoms, fluid in the lungs and can be easily missed.

:D:D:D:D

She rested. CoD was “pulmonary” something something…Apparently the lungs which were 85% deteriorated per scan, couldn’t push out Carbon dioxide. So toxicity was getting worse…Still tested Negative covid. Anyway, at 93 having seen 80 grandchildren and 90 great grandchildren ako sawa. Life well lived.

Shifting goal posts now, are you?

nangojea jab ya pili

Vaccines are not meant to prevent infections, kwani uluenda shule wapi?

Dr.JM pombe, kindly enlighten us on what vaccines are meant to do, We know you are definitely the brightest among us, we are just ignorant fools in your eyes