@purple, i hope you got paid too..

[SIZE=7]Woman pretends to be persecuted Trump supporter — and scams conservatives out of $150,000[/SIZE]
https://www-rawstory-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Screen-Shot-2018-11-04-at-10.17.36-PM.png
So-called Reformed Republican (Photo: Twitter)

A woman identifying herself as “Reformed Republican” posted a photo of herself in a “Make America Great Again” hat and announced she refused to hide any longer. The way the story ended, however, was not the way Republicans would have hoped.

“I will not hide any longer, [sic] the left has made us feel as if us black republicans [sic] should hide!! but not anymore!! #BlacksForTrump #WalkAway #maga

[INDENT]I will not hide any longer, the left has made us feel as if us black republicans should hide!! but not anymore!! #BlacksForTrump #WalkAway #magapic.twitter.com/YA0hnarxaY[/INDENT]
[INDENT]— reformed republican (@chckpeas) October 27, 2018[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
Not long after she tweeted again:
“thank [sic] you all so much for your overwhelming support. After seeing this tweet my parents cut me off and refuse to pay my university tuition. So if you can find it in your hearts to help, this young black Republican pay for school it would be appreciated.”

She showed text message conversations about finding a place to live and only having a part-time job because she’s in school.
[INDENT]I don’t know if these texts were originally real or not, but they were definitely not from her mum / to her pic.twitter.com/CcVoj8TOLJ[/INDENT]
[INDENT]— Alex Bruce-Smith (@alexbrucesmith) November 4, 2018[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
She posted a GoFundMe link to a since-deleted request for help. She raised over $150,000 off of conservative donors. Once she was finally outed, she explained that it wasn’t stealing because Republicans aren’t people, to begin with.

[INDENT]the GoFundMe has been taken down but there was a tweet suggesting she’d scammed about $150k pic.twitter.com/FEKjmTavn1[/INDENT]
[INDENT]— Alex Bruce-Smith (@alexbrucesmith) November 4, 2018[/INDENT]
Categories: Breaking Latest Headlines U.S. News

That vagabond of a woman with worthless canals (both front and back) shouldn’t be mentioned this early… it’s pukes on the rest of our day

Square brackets are most commonly used around the word ‘sic’ (from the Latin ‘sicut’, meaning ‘just as’), to explain the status of an apparent mistake. Generally, sic means the foregoing mistake (or apparent mistake) was made by the writer/speaker I am quoting

Is that all you got from that piece?

No. He wanted to prove his knowledge of linguistics… And history of language.

Kassin,

Of all the kanjo, this one is the daftest. I couldn’t believe that he sat down to lecture about [sic]. :smiley:

kitungu ishanuka :D:D $150,000xksh100=15,000,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTEfInwgxVs

We could all go to Wikipedia and copy a paragraph of text to ‘prove’ our knowledge of something.

However, I’d suggest that such feats always be given a fresh thread, since they are unrelated to a subject already under discussion.