Parliamentary system might be the right prescription we need

In as much as I do not believe the constitution or system of governance is really the problem in any nation, but i am just thinking maybe parliamentary system can be a better solution for our country because of our bad political culture. It might make our country more united and avoid constant tensions during the elections. Lets consider this, in a parliamentary system you don’t vote for the president but for the mps or representatives. The party which secures the majority of the seats, which in our case 145 mps out of the total 290 is granted the right to form the government with the party leader becoming the prime minister. Now the beauty of parliamentary system is that most of the parties never win the majority and as a result they are forced to form coalition governments, which i think can be good for our case because it will engender inclusivity and avoid one party dominance. This will ensure majority of the tribes or ethnic groups from the country are represented in the government and its running. In addition it will encourage a strong party system because for you to win the right to govern it means that you need to get a broad based support from all over the country. In addition, we do know that majority of Kenyans normally vote in the right mps and they vote out under performing mps many time. Where we normally have a problem is when it comes to election of the president because ethnic dimension takes precedence over performance. I think Parliamentary system can cure this because Kenyans wont be voting the prime minister directly but rather indirectly because the leader of the parties contesting elections will be known but the good aspect of coalition building come in place in order to govern. It is also beautiful to note that most kenyans nowadays do not consider the parties when voting mps, so parliamentary system might in turn bring a good accountable governance.

And how would this help in terms of development and fighting corruption …keep in mind mpigs are worse than the president

Can you trust your mp ,to make the right decision for you.

But it is proven that Kenyans always vote out more than 70% of the mps during the elections so that tells you, we can be assured we will have mps who will be accountable to electorates who will hold the prime minister to account. In addition Kenyans will elect the prime minister indirectly because they will know the party leader in advance and we will have party elections from grass roots happening through properly defined laws and policies.

But it is proven that Kenyans always vote out more than 70% of the mps during the elections so that tells you, we can be assured we will have mps who will be accountable to electorates who will hold the prime minister to account. In addition Kenyans will elect the prime minister indirectly because they will know the party leader in advance and we will have party elections from grass roots happening through properly defined laws and policies.

Moses Kuria (Njamba) ali tuambia wana pewa hongo ya 10k kwa choo… na Mimi sitaki mtu ana nuka meffi

My point is that majority of mps are voted out in every elections around 70% and in addition to that party leaders will be selected by the wananchi through the party elections, so mps will have a limited role in selecting or electing the prime minister. In addition as you vote during the elections you know the different party leaders of each party and thus elect a prime minister indirectly

:meffi::meffi:

Zi…hiyo ni upuzi.what if we want an independent presidential candidate??what stupidity will MCA’s do to independent Governors? Wacha kufuata wanasiasa kama kondoo.if one system doesn’t work for you why do you want us to change just to suite your candidate?

You do know party elections in Kenya are a farce?

I am not changing…I am saying the system could be better when you consider our bad politics of ethnicity. As of independent candidates, I am not certain of now, but i think you will have to belong to political party to be a prime minister or have a chance to do so

We had a parliamentary system for almost 40years. It didn’t work. It’s better to gamble with a presidential system. Kibaki did more in 5yrs than the MPs in Kanuin the previous 30 years.

Meanwhile, it is VERY important to remember that whatever the best political system mau be best for KENYA, The system that RULES is the one that best serves the interests of the ruling political class.

That one was a presidential system. We have never had a pure parliamentary system in kenya where we don’t vote for the president

@langatkipro ume sahau aje haraka. Si hawa mpigs ndio walikuwa wanapewa 10k Kwa Choo.
Wacha ikae wacha katambeee only revolution ndio ina weza work for kenia.

And Kibaki was a big part of 30 years of that 40.

The monkey s may change but the forest remains the same The 200 used to buy voters will be added up and used to buy MPS,let that money circulate in our economy.