Our Lord's Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name, They kingdom come,…

Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil…

Amen.
The Pope has suggested that the part of the prayer in bold should be amended as it is like we are saying the Lord is the one leads us into sin.
How now? After 2,000 years reciting this prayer, we now think that there is a mistake? We are told that the author may have been misquoted…Hey! The author was God Himself. Jesus Christ.
If he was misquoted, how many other verses in the Holy Bible may also have been misquoted…?
I don’t agree with pope on this though am Catholic.

1 Like

It depends on how you interpret it. I take is as God should not let us fall into temptation.

5 Likes

Vile Momo-One amesema

1 Like

1 corinthians 10:13, there in lies the answer.
God WILL not let you fall into a tempatation that you can not handle. He is in control of everything.
As you remember even when Jesus went for a 30 days fast, Satan had to get permission from God to tempt him. Same thing with Job.
It is God who allows the things that we go through to come our way either as a punishment ( sometimes handed down from our fore generations, Exodus 20:5) or a preparation for greater things to come.

on this one the Pope is way off the mark. a queer Pope indeed, from dorning a cross without the statue of Jesus, to this one? no no no!

3 Likes

I don’t agree on changing the prayers that have been there over the centuries, and a cross without the crucified Jesus, No.

2 Likes

Depends on how you interpret it. For example there is a prayer in catholic that says ‘lakini sema neno moja tu, na roho yangu itapona’ there was a priest that said we dhould stop saying 'tu’ that we can’t dictate God what to do. But i think the writer had good intention, he thought the words of God are so powerful and he was begging Him to say even one word and he will be fine. Never trust a Jesuits they are known to be devil worshippers

This is the reason I moved from the catholic church… Everything is being revised and changed…

1 Like

They just seem like radicals to me.

What’s your take on that @Liberty .
And while we are at it, what’s your take on the Vincentians?

2 Likes

Not misquoted, he says an error occurred in translating the original text from whatever language it was in to the current form as we recite it now arguing that God can’t lead us into temptation as that’s the work and sole preserve of the devil.
I like this pope for his boldness.

2 Likes

You don’t have to move, you aught to be firm, but being a lady I understand bcoz you move with emotions.
I don’t support the changes whatsoever, and I have been disagreeing with many priests and parishes because of this. I follow the traditional Latin mass.
Where do you worship now? It could be worse where you moved!

2 Likes

The Jesuits I dont know them so much, but I have heard of them, if its true, I don’t endorse them. I wont approve anything that is the opposite of the Traditional Roman Catholic. The Vincentians are more of evangelicals. The only good thing I got from the Vincentians is sala ya huruma ya mungu anything else is a big NO to me.

1 Like

I have a friend of mine who keeps insisting we go for the Vincentian retreat in Thika… I am running out of excuses. :smiley:

1 Like

:D:D:D:D:D

FOR ME IS A NO NO.

but , being a free world, I don’t wan’t to discourage you, if you wish.

Just tell your friend you follow your own faith, and no one should dictate to you what you don’t believe. Why should you fear your friend? Kama ni urafiki si ikae.

1 Like

hapa sitacomment.this thing is out of hand.y people talk this much??

1 Like

Pope Francis is shaking things up, whether right or wrong, a little ruffling up will shake out the cobwebs

1 Like

@Phylgee , dear as @Liberty says don’t move becoz of emotions, listen to yr inner"soul ".

2 Likes

Moved four years ago :D:D
Trust me I scrutinized everything before I moved bc I was a staunch catholic… The only one left in my family… I had enough reasons :slight_smile:

1 Like

Satan must ask God permission to attack a Christian so technically its God leading you to temptation by allowing the devil to access you like case ya Job. However Bible says, let noone say when he is tempted ,that God is tempting him because God can not tempt anybody, its the desires of men’s hearts that lead them to temptation not God.Again it says with every temptation God will provide a way of escape so …

1 Like

sawa mrembo. uko kwa gani sasa as queried by Padre?hope ur comfortable hapo uko.

1 Like

Very comfortable… :wink:

1 Like