@Okiya, Story Yako Hii Hapa

Originally posted by Sudan Tribune

South Sudan’s Petroleum and Mining ministry says it may be forced to shut down its oil fields in Upper Nile state and turn off pipeline, should the Sudanese government a request to lower its oil transit fees.

http://www.sudantribune.com/local/cache-vignettes/L253xH199/pipeline-73df2.jpg
A pipeline that transports crude oil from the south to Port Sudan (Reuters)
[I]“We are left with no option at the moment rather than to shut it down because it’s not feasible. We cannot sell the oil at loss”, the ministry said in a memo sent to Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.

South Sudan, according to a negotiated agreement, pays Khartoum up to $25 per barrel for its crude oil transported through the Sudanese territory.

Juba’s letter requesting the Sudanese Petroleum and Mining Ministry to reconsider its transit fees comes in the wake of changes in global oil prices.

The price of crude oil is currently at $29 dollars per barrel in the international markets.

Presently, South Sudan is producing oil at 160,000 barrels per day, despite a decline in its oil production due to the violent conflict that engulfed the young nation, killing thousand and displacing nearly two million people.
[/I]
SUDAN WILL STICK TO OIL FEES
[I]
Meanwhile, a Sudanese said Khartoum would not change terms of the agreement for the transportation of South Sudan’s oil across its country.

In a statement published in the Qatari newspaper al-Raya, Sudan’s Finance minister, Badr al-Din Mahmoud, said the transit fee for South Sudan’s oil is of two parts, citing the $ 9.5 as transit fee and $15 as a transitional financial arrangement, agreed after South Sudan seceded from Sudan.

“That makes a total of 24.5 U.S Dollars per barrel,” said Mahmoud, further stressing that South Sudan’s oil transit fee was bound by an agreement signed in September 2013 and that it was not amended or re-negotiated.

Following a recent visit to Khartoum, South Sudan’s foreign affairs minister, Barnaba Marial Benjamin said his trip explored restarting discussion on oil transit fees, currently at $24 per barrel, despite global reductions in oil prices.

“The reality of the fact is that the production of the oil is down. We are producing about 165,000 barrels a day and on top of that there is drop in the oil prices,” Marial told reporters in the South Sudan capital, Juba.

“There is economic reality in which both countries of course through ministries of petroleum are going to discuss that issue,” he added.

South Sudan, experts say, now receives less than $5 per barrel when transit charges paid to Sudan are deduced and oil exploring companies are paid.[/I]

Sudan Tribune

Kusema things are thick is an understatement

3 Likes

hehehe…
yaani the war isnt over it?
south sudan should become the 48th county of kenya with immediate effect

5 Likes

True, they need a big brother like yesterday.
24.5165,000365*102=Kes. 150.5 billion, thats the no. of reasons Sudan has not to allow the Lamu South Sudan pipeline to get built.
After this article, I easily start questioning Al shabab’s obsession with Lamu and the rebels in Northern South Sudan. I would do the same thing if I was Bashir, its a no brainer.

3 Likes

I repeat what I had posted late last year. By Dec 2016 the population of South sudanese living in Nairobi, Nakuru and Kitale will have reduced and the few remaining will have to change their lifestyles to survive. Likewise, expect kenyans living there to return home. Maisha imekuwa unbearable hiyo taifa. Those dollar black market deals walikuwa wanafanya ziliisha from 15 Dec 2015.

4 Likes

waah Bashir hawezi wahurumia hata na dawa and I saw some analyst on CNN saying that Canadian Oil companies are getting offered 15 to 20 dollars per barrel of oil. They may be getting a worse price than the stated $29

2 Likes

Hao Sudanese wataenda wapi ikiwa kwao hakukaliki?

2 Likes

I know for a fact South Sudan they cannot be getting the market rate. Oil yao huwa heavy blend, while iyo bei ya $29 huwa ya sweet blend. The good thing is that they have the 3rd largest reserves in Africa. The bad thing is they are the world’s most oil dependent nation. They need to diversify for survival.

6 Likes

Watarudi kwao. unajua the husbands walikuwa Sudan wakichapa deals while the wives and children were in Nairobi balling. Sasa juu hakuna deals the father cannot sustain their lifestyle in Kenya so wanaambiwa warudi kwao. Another thing is most don’t invest or save.

7 Likes

Hao ni kama Angola and Nigeria. Too dependent on oil.

1 Like

bashir was never for the cessation.
he will every available opportunity to screw them.
he thinks they are the west’s puppet.
i know a guy who lost cement worth 50m when war started.
he also lost 81acres of primeland in juba.
if they dont find another avenue their economy will grind to a complete halt

2 Likes

:D:D:D:D

So in the best scenario SS government is getting USD 5.5 per barrel? It’s a white man’s world and these guys are the darkest:D

8 Likes

They need Lappset to work more than ever but they will have to suffer for a while.

1 Like

Huyo nani ako na 81acres? Juba ni ndogo sana for one individual to own 81 acres. I think huyo mse alikudanganya.

1 Like

he is the guy who owns consesion to mine coal in kitui mui basin block A and B.
i didnt have reason to doubt him.
have never been to juba myself.

The best thing would be for them to build a refinery and consume the oil internally. Excess wauzie Kenya na Uganda. At the moment, they are exporting oil then importing fuel from Eldoret. Doesn’t make economic sense

7 Likes

hahaha

1 Like

is true that people lost possesions of land and businesses(legal ones).
when war broke out?

1 Like

hehehe…
for sure but hii high grade unatumia utoe mbegu

1 Like

On losing the cement it might be true. On owning 81 acres, not true at all. That city is too small.

1 Like

:smiley: