Ngugi wa Thiongo's son is stupid, an embarrassment

https://twitter.com/MukomaWaNgugi/status/1767623706530992228

A useless feminized kababa

Two sides of a coin.

Now let’s hear the other side

Be a jerk of a dad, the kind of dad who physically assaults everyone and wait for your kids to miss you when you’re gone.

5 Likes

Some mothers are toxic, will drive a wedge between father and children especially boy’s from a young age. I speak from experience ya baby mama

2 Likes

Why bring family dramas to the internet. Use internal mechanisms to deal with that. What the wazees did during those days might not be accepted today. But families stayed intact.
Forgive the oldman and let him enjoy his last days in peace.

1 Like

ukicharaza mama viboko don’t think your kids are blind

4 Likes

There’s a great chance that we are surprised at the guy and think he is ill-mannered for exposing his dad, mostly because we hold the father in high regard.

If this were Weta’s son venting about him, I am sure a greater percentage would be making fun of how his wife hit him and a lot of other nonsense.

Let the guy do as he pleases. It is his own father whom he is talking about.

1 Like

Never laid a finger on her, except when fingering her more than 10 years ago. Tulikosana and I moved o after she became toxic.

1 Like

It was just a general statement. I thought @Mikymas pekee yake ndio zero IQ kwa hii site.

4 Likes

VAR banae

1 Like

How is this stupid? Gender violence is no joke.

Families of wife beaters did not stay intact. They were very disturbed.
It’s the modern world. People put everything on social media.

1 Like

Good. We should not respect wife beaters.

I saw a ward in knh labelled “gender based violence”. I never knew that these things were that serious.

The young man is scarred from the experience.At his age he cant believe that a whole professor;a man of his father’s stature could do such a thing.In old days a prof or a mwalimu or a daktari or a vet could get away with anything.Not these days when everything is questioned including the past.

Tembea Nairobi Womens ya hurlingham ndio ujue iko serious saidi.Huko utapata hadi ma ndume wali zundwa ma chupa za heineken zikavunjika ndani.Sasa wanafanyiwa surgery moss removing the bottle pieces one by one.

Prof. Ngugi is highly overrated. Hapana tambua yeye. Huyo kijana yake pia aache kupiga kelele, hatujui babake na hatuna time Yao.

1 Like

views

Onyango Otieno 🌻 Profile picture

Onyango Otieno :sunflower:

@Rixpoet

5h • 18 tweets • 3 min read • Read on X

One unsuspecting February evening in 2012, my father returned home with fury in his hands. Mother, obviously from a long day, had forgotten to send some 350/- (mark that amount) to our village home caretaker.

She knew it would cause fracas if he came home and that money hadn’t been sent. So she asked my cousin, Phelix, whom we lived with, to go deposit it at an M-PESA shop. Phelix took longer as many M-PESA shops had closed.

In that space, dad had returned, took his dinner, filled his stomach, then started mayhem asking why mom hadn’t sent the money. I was in my bedroom. I heard commotion in the living room, & a sharp squeak. Those were sounds I was accustomed to because that house was a battlefield.

I rushed out to find he had dragged mom on the carpet, pulling her hair hard as she knelt on the floor. It happened so fast. Her hairline began to bleed. By this time I’d grabbed his back to whisk him away. My blood was boiling.

He doesn’t know but a monster in my body was begging me to stab him or injure him somehow. I wanted him dead. This kind of violence was happening for the umpteenth time. I was tired.

That night, he puked unprintable words to me and mom that still keep me awake at night sometimes. 12 years later. My father, like many other seemingly noble men, has been loved at his work place. By the rest of his world.

Being a teacher, I meet so many of his former students who revere him and praise him with shiny accolades. When I write about his violence, they hardly believe I am talking about their once favourite teacher.

@MukomaWaNgugi’s revelation about the abuse his father Ngugi Wa Thiong’o meted upon his mom, shocked me. But I immediately identified with him, as this is the case of many countless children who live with the shame of opening up because nobody will believe them.

Domestic abuse and by extension child abuse, shuts down key parts of a child’s brain development that could potentially fuck them up for the rest of their lives. It doesn’t matter that you take your children to good schools and feed them at home.

Children see your demons. If you are not a kind father who solves his exasperations non-violently, children remember. They know how it feels to be reduced. They understand unfairness when they see it. Don’t expect them to love you just because you are a provider, my friend.

When people speak up about the abuse they underwent at the hands of their parents, especially if their parents are famous and pedestalised for spotless people, we shut them down. We tell them they are undressing our heroes in public and that’s wrong.

We forget that to them, this was their parent; not some author, not some world champion, not some idol, not some freedom fighter, but their parent. We do not have the same relationship they had with this person.

You folk who are crying that men are abandoned by the people they take care of the most. In some instances it is true. But I also want you to acknowledge that there are so many fathers who were horrible to their wives and children while making huge strides on the world stage.

and the pain of their children deserves space too. The pain of their forgotten wives.

Your heroes are human beings. They live within a cultural context, a historical context, a genetic context; all of which they cannot totally escape unless they open themselves up to healing, if they are willing to be opened up like that, to also humanize themselves.

Looking back, too many women have suffered in the hands of these revolutionaries. But as the story goes, we do not know because women’s contributions and realities are easily erased by patriarchal culture. And what we’re all good at, is embodying that erasure. Cc @Judicaelle_

We know the language of violence by blood and body. “Shut Up!” “You’re a disgrace!” “This is shameful!” “That is your father!” And so on. When shall we learn the language of joy? “I hear you.” “I’m sorry you went through this, it should never have happened.”

It doesn’t matter how old you are. 53. 70. 96. 12. Childhood trauma caused by an abusive parent, if not healed, stays forever. And today is always the right day to speak up. Today!

2 Likes

If Kenyans online didn’t want to hear about the Ngugi family issues then they shouldn’t have asked them why they were neglecting the dad or condemned them for doing so.
This was a long overdue response, ata wamejaribu sana kunyamaza

1 Like