New strategy used by thieves.

I’ve honestly never understood how people get conned on OLX/Jiji. The red flags are usually pretty obvious. Even a quick chat over the phone can reveal quite a lot about your prospective seller/buyer.

[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]@homeboy[COLOR=rgb(61, 142, 185)] [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]was conned 16000

By @Mzee Wenger
I went through the exact same ordeal last year. Mine was an iPhone 8 and the transaction ili happen hapo Mr. Price. I lost 26k. I was so disturbed till I wasn’t able to write down the hekaya here. But I remember the bastard’s face. Hii Nairobi ni ndogo. Tutapatana siku moja. I still have the plastic iPhone btw.

By @sodamadiaba
Niliuziwa simu iko moto nikaambiwa ndio imetoka charging.
10mins later simu bado iko moto. Kufungua nyuma nikapata ni ugali moto imefinywa hapo kwa battery.

:D:D you bought premium ugali. When you buy and sell you have to be at a place where you can take time and test everything.

Where did the guy who was conned come from? Who was he? @SparkMyke nisaidie hapo

:smiley:
:D:D:D

Hii con ni noma sana… na vile nimezoea olx. Heeeh

That’s when I thot hii ni hekeya.

safaricom are to blame here for enabling such shady deals to go on in their platform, they should be reversing the money and following up with the police themselves

and how many millions of cases do you think wangekua wanafuatilia? Let’s be realistic ,

that would force them to implement the necessary security measures required to prevent such … it’s possible they are just lazy

Yeah… Like come up with an escrow or something. They can introduce a feature whereby if you send someone money, you can specify that the transaction is business related and as such, they hold the money for 10 minutes or so. It would save so many people.

haha not my story but ilikuwa kwa hio hashtag on twitter. Very funny experiences huko

Ogopa sana olx/jiji. I know someone who was killed after meeting people posing as buyers of his car around 2 years ago. It is not a joke. Mwingine a guy came to view a laptop he was selling and that is all he remembers, he woke up hours later hands tied and his mouth was taped shut…his apartment had been locked from inside and the laptop and his phone were gone. He had to wiggle his way to his kitchen balcony and the mboch of a neighbour spotted him the next day and alerted neighbours who broke the door and rescued him. Never bring these guys to your place and generally have 2 or 3 friends around and very alert when meeting someone from online. I think police stations should charge a fee of around 200 bob and be used by people selling or buying cars and other items for security purposes. It can be revenue for the police/govt.

kieherehere saa zingine ni poa

Inspekta mwala edited this scenario and did it. In their case, the con sold a sofa set he had seen and taken a photo at a furniture mart.

Africa l we are not yet mature to conduct a genuine online transaction

High level brokering

Reminds me of the series 'Hustle