Natty King - Slew In The Open -- Reggae -- Enjoy!

I post this song fairly often. After all, not many navigate the forum based on postings from earlier days, or do so only as an exception…it is one of those, which, if you play in loop, you love it them more you loop it…
That was actually a study technique I used very successfully in the past. When studying I would find a song with a tune I loved, that I didn’t have to actually think about its lyrics due to familiarity, and the very same song would be played the day I tested, and as I drove to the test centers and it proved very effective!..One of the countless weapons in recollection during study is learning how to associate two factors, one much easier, such as listening to a song, and the other what you are actually studying, is stored in the brain with an association to that activity, and repeat of the activity was akin to going over your notes!
This is the kind of posting that gets club wajinga on overdrive hurrying to defecate on the wall…let’s watch and see the fools arrive to the banquet…

Following…

Sema Boss. What I wrote above is not necessarily scientific but I came to realize it did wonders. About 13 or so years ago, I was just breaking into my career path, and with it there was a lot of studying and technical certifications, granted at this point your resume is paper based minus experience.
I had purchased the CD Tupac End Of Time or Best Hits Album, forgot the name, and was addicted to some of Tupac’s catchy songs, or good just listen to some straight up in your face Tupac diplomaacy and philosophy.
I would study for hours on end, at times up to 10 hours at a stretch listening to just about 2 songs. On an exam date, I played the music to “psyche me up”, and slowly I realized that as I was trying to quickly condense my study material mentally before the exam clock starts, chunks and chunks of study material would pop in the mind, and I didn’t understand it at first. Upon paying attention I inferred what I wrote above. Remember that music is an extremely powerful tool, and most of the songs y0u cherish the most, upon close inspection, are “fortuitous” songs that happened to be playing during your happiest moments of yonder days, rather than the intrinsic aesthetic appeal of the music!
Another tool I used since childhood was my notes in school. I used to predominantly study as I took notes, using the same reasoning as above, and this is corroborated by the fact, I simply don’t recall more than a few instances I would actually open my notebook and read during the exam preps. Maybe I would run through the text book to stuff in last minute wisdom, or recall one or two extra things.
In Primary School, there was a lot of blackboard note taking by the teachers which pupils would transcribe in their notebooks. This morphed into more or less dictation of notes, in explicit or implicit methodology as far as note taking is concerned, and SPEED writing was becoming mandatory. I don’t think I’ve seen a worse handwriting than my own. Left, scribbled, sentences flying diagonally in either direction like waves, and between lines, etc. etc., and lightning fast at that. Nobody could read my notes, and I did NOT read them either, save for very unique corner case scenarios. Actually, on this matter, my bad handwriting was like a signature. Since I doubt I spelled out any word in entirety, if you know what I mean when scribbling, that was a stylistic learning device! But I realized that, the more notes I captured from a teacher, the more I recollected, remembering that I didn’t actually study the notes, which corroborates the “second factor” recollection. The act of “writing” is a study method in and of itself.
When I would take college classes, never went for the traditional 4 years, but straight to work in Calif after high school, and stole few evening ones here and there. My classmates would borrow my notebook, but it usually was no good for them generally, but I would show a few how to “interpret” the gibberish. They were wondering how I was managing to take all those notes when the teacher was moving fairly fast, and I would state the fact that what they observed was the process of me studying!
In the work place, some of the elite Certification exams can be brutal, with the very worst being the CCIE for the Networking/Systems/Security/Collaboration/SP/Storage/Wireless etc fields. There are about 7 or 8 tracks but originally there was just 1. The fundamental one is Routing and Switching. The exam has two components; theory and practical/Lab. The Lab portion was just about the worst punishment that you will give yourself to prepare and be ready to execute. The lab is roughly 8 hours and consists of 3 sections; Troubleshooting, Diagnostics, Configuration/Implementation.
You need to be QUICKER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING IN EXECUTION LITERALLY SPEAKING!! The exam is designed with timing constraints, such that, a fully prepared candidate(minimum 750 hours of hands on training and up to more than 2000 hours prep time depending on skill level-and accompanied by maybe studying worth of 10000-15000 pages of technical-difficult to “novel read” material for your theory exam, and to be able to understand in depth to be able to “immediately” interpret convoluted questions) would be able to complete, quickly, without spending significant time to “think” or “reference documentation”. This means that everything has to be at your fingertips as you test, just to survive!!
Troubleshooting: This is potentially the trickiest to pass. The time constraints are such that, you got 2 hours(give or take, the exam has become more flexible, where if you bust out one section very fast, you get bonus time on the others). You may get about 10 or so trouble tickets and need roughly 12 minutes per question to execute. Sounds like a lot of time per question right? In reality, an average EXPERIENCED engineer tackling that problem in real life would generally require 0.5 hours to 1 hour(pile on 15 to 20 extra minutes for the relatively inexperienced)-while you got 12 min per question during lab time!
Diagnostics-I believe this is a half an hour section that pretty much tests your skills at “interpreting” scenarios from information presented to you by customers, to exclude actual “configuration/fixing” as one would need in Troubleshooting.
Configuration/Implementation-In this section you basically build a full configuration set up for close to a dozen devices, and encompassing many technologies, and for that manner tapping into complex interactions, or idiosyncrasies, borne out of the amalgamated stew that ends up being your “fully set up Network”.
There is something they call physio-kinetic(or something close to that) memory, which is the ability to bust out a bunch of stuff on notepad, without having to consult the help menus and what not. Most of your configuration will ideally be built on notepad and pasted in, where the full extent of your “syntax confirmation” and what not is infinitesimal. One way to build this memory before you fully grasp a specific solution that needs to be typed up, is by opening up the solution guide, and typing out everything as you see it in the guide, and with multiple repeats. That “muscle memory”, not unlike that enables you to ride a bicycle after a 20 year hiatus, analogically speaking). Looking at the latter I am sure you can already draw parallels to what I have described all through the document. Viva La Technology!!!
Damn, the answer has grown in size fast!

I had forgotten to post the actual song that motivated the posting: Natty King - Slew In The Open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8VJeyKPzRI

[ol]
[li]Welcome to the banquet…let thine who uttered “I can not come to the banquet I’'ve married a wife and have got me a cow, I have fields and commit that cost a pretty some pray hold me I can not come”…hope the wording is correct[/li]

SLIGHTLY MODIFIED: Previous Entry Got Truncated, and I will then create a separate posting from this.

A lot of my postings tend to be fairly long as a function of how I think, because, often ten tentacles may spring up even as I type, and if it slides I won’t remember to follow up , so I just add it.

To any keen listeners, there is a crucial difference to WAY OF THOUGHT, and MASTERY OF SUBJECTS IN GENERAL. No intrinsic talent or anything remarkable accounts for the fact I have emphatically thrived, and especially in technical subject matter due to the FORMER!! When you calibrate your thought process properly , you will be SHOCKED! The problem is that, when I try to point out some of those points to pay attention to, people think its bragging, or this or that, while the smarter ones zero in and take a shot an I have learnt so much from others as such, and for detractors or whatever the case, I personally don’t really care for static, but I put it out there with the intention that“whoever may seek that they may find”. Personally, I never skip a chance for improvement when I see it, and I try to relay the same to others.

I had placed a separate posting on methodology of “Teaching Technical Subjects In High School”, and it’s a safe assump;tion 95% could care less, but my target is the 5%. That is how I reason.

Like I had mentioned, I never attended 4 year traditional college, but jumped straight into blue collar in Calif after high school, the US Air Force active duty, and an Engineer since. After Boot camp and Technical Training, I was off to Okinawa Japan as my first duty station, and much else is history, but due to the fact that I was “SO CLUELESS” in “IT CONCEPTS”, my intellect curiosity was spewing fumes l like a volcano, and despite the fact 12 months prior, I didn’t know a mouse from a housecat, a desktop from the one my hands are resting on, wall paper beyond those that adorned our living room, and I thought Windows were windows as you and I best know them, I was fired up in the 4 month Long 40hr a week training in Networks and System Administration hands on training, plus the other specialties you would find in a typical NOC and was TOP GRADUATE out of more than 100 students at the end of it all, for reasons no more nor less than “THE CORRECT MIND SET.” At this point, my ex-high school mates would just be starting 2nd year.

On my first day as a Network Administrator in Okinawa, I was told to man the Help Desk phones. Honestly, I still had 0 real world experiences save for the 4 months hand on, but even then, I had the knack to speak to a customer, and give them the 5Ws+H, and accurate notes on symptoms, and thereafter, routed it to the relevant queue. In the morning phones were quiet, so I picked up a continuity binder and perused through the pages. 1 hour later there was morning standup, for all teams to brief their respective progress in various projects, and an NCO asked the question, any one know what SIPRNET stands for”, and I looked around and observed and heard no responses, then I raised my hand and said Secret Internet Protocol Network”. The NCO went, “so you guys are so incompetent that a first day and first term Airman knows an answer that none of you do?”. The truth is that the acronym was on page 2 of the binder I was flipping through, but knew zilch beyond spelling out the acronym. Clearly no one was studying their continuity information.

THE 2 FACTOR MEMORY ASSOCIATION:

Learning the method II had spoken about was co-incidental. To rehash the original story, I had indicated a study method I have used in the past to study, leveraging the ability of the mind to associate 2 items, so bidirectional triggering capabilities do exist, so if you studied listening to a LOOPING song which you understood and was addictive enough, so you don’t need to “think about the song or lyrics” , yet your brain captures the experience subconsciously, even as the information you are studying gets absorbed, and a sort of mutual index is instantiated cerebrally. I would then listen to those looped songs to psyche me up when I was relaxing, or heading to the Test Center, and I started to realize, it was triggering recollection of some of the stuff I had been studying while the looping occurred, and therein lies the NEXUS.

I am gifted to have handwriting that is not as bad as it gets, but the worst it could possibly get. I am a clumsy leftie with total inability to write, short of “printing” to fill out a form. My notebook would SHOCK you! It really was scribbling, such that one line of my writing in a lined notebook would take any one of various potential vertical trajectories, resulting in ink on up to 3 rows for a line writte with not a single word spelt out in its entirety.! It t turns out that this is yet another weapon. I didn’t realize this for many years, but the very act of writing was a gilded 2-factor study mechanism as the other ones I described. Meaning? I hardly ever read my notes, but I took a lot of notes, and especially in high school, and much more in whatever college classes I would stumble into every now and then. So several people at different time asked for my notebook, because they felt the instructor was going very fast, and I seemed to be writing virtually all of it, which is almost completely true, and indeed it was at least 75 to 80% true, and that is the portion of a class I had “studied”, because I hardly ever revisited the notes.

TECHNICAL STUDYING:

In high school, I had big problems keeping awake, and on average 50% of the time in class I was awake and the other 50 asleep literally speaking. Events played out that due to corruption by the principal, there were over 250 Form 1s going to 2 and almost the same number 2 to 3 and the class capacities simply would take the saturation, or it may have, if we had been in class 1 or 2 with those tu itty bitty desks and chairs. The outcast were compiled and dumped in a 6th classroom. Unfortunately staffing held steady, and as such from Form 2 to Form 4, we had at BEST half the teachers at any one time. My sleep was well accommodated as a result, but I needed to “survive” with very little uptime. Without deliberate intention, or rather, this method developed from trial and error and to date has been my NUMBER ONE WEAPON OF WHATEVER YOU PRESENT ME WITH DESTRUCTION!! All my efforts were in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry(Botany, evolution and few others made me cringe Biology but I generally thrived because most of it is HOW PROCESSES WORK-I thrive 100% of the time in such. Over time, a ratio of 1:5to6 STUDY:REFLECTION. In other words, I could read a physics concept for about 10 minutes and then go to sleep for 50 minutes of “reflection”(often 10 minutes here or there was actual sleep, but if you looked at me, I would be “asleep” with eyes closed and all. In reality, I was trying together I had read until my mind could make a 100% transition through through each part of the process. And the whole process is almost inedibly etched such that you can retrieve the information in autopilot during an exam. What is happening here is that you are you spend most of the time actually STUDYING and not distracted by writing on a text book(which 70% of the time quickly transitions into “novel reading”, and not much good for Technical Material. Because of my sleeping patterns, I started to condense in my head the information in all the various subjects wherever they popped. I would recognize A as a land breeze, B as a Sea Breeze etc and other prominent information. Exploited properly, it is NOT difficult to fill in the blanks, and score a bunch of points, even when you know little, because the teacher would see that I UNDERSTAND THE LESSONS, which is infinitely more meaningful than MINUTIAE, such as 4Cbeing the temperature at which anomalous expansion of H2O takes place!. I effectively BSd through the other subjects, not in the literal sense, but rather, focusing on salient factors and employing due diligence with expounding on the salient factors, and the skill becomes stronger with more practice. So there wasn’t “magic” or “brilliance”, or call it what it may, it was a RECALIBRATION OF THE THINKING PROCESS. I didn’t say this would work for you or the next person, but look careful and wherever you get the gut instinct, use and abuse, or entirely exclude whatever you may and create your own PUDDING! I just gave you raw ingredients.

IQ TESTS:

I was engaged in a conversation the other evening on Quora and something about IQ came up. You notice how there are these bloated figures posted for celebrities for entertainment in the media circus. Somewhere in the middle of the conversation I typed in: “With 100 as average, top 2 percentile at ~130 and top 1 percent ~135 and up, Bill Gates at ~160, Einstein at ~160,; Isaac Newton ~160 to 170—plus hell Newton had to pass on getting laid all life to unleash calculus; Wozniack~200(More likely 170) -the real brains behind Apple-NOT Steve Jobs-dreamt up ideas that Wozniak, and from Woz’s own mouth Steve Jobs was more interested in being the important person which explains it all, turned into reality; with a standard deviation of 15 (meaning the degree of clustering pegged at Average IQ ±15 meaning most people will lie from ~85 to 115 range of IQ with a sharp drop the further you go from that range), do you honestly think 98% of that bullsh1t will stand?”. I added that IMO a more meaningful gauge, independent of any one SPECIFIC TEST, analyses of one’s percentile variations through life, through standard tests compared with peers, at work, and any such facets where the capabilities can comfortably be compared, and cumulatively, this should placate one with minimal bias of the often cited “nurture and exposure” counterarguments, plus including the whole expanse to include real world activities, perhaps meaningfully tells us a lot more, without relying on these weirdo “online iq tests that measure such facets such as how long it takes to get an erection after spelling superhead in reverse”!

I have personally looked at several online variants, and deliberately controlled the answers as I observed the IQ scores jumping, and about 97% of credulity evaporated when a specific Primary School level algebra question was weighted such that if your score reads 132 if you I get that question wrong, and 140 if you get it right.

In my case, the percentile has remained fairly consistent since age 9. First term Standard one I was a BUM in bottom 10 of class, really just a distracted kid not knowing whether I was “going or coming” at any one point. My Father, a Stellar Maths and Physics professor shouted the bum out of me and I was at the top by standard 3. My 2 most accurate exam scoring:

=>KCPE 70 of top 100 Nairobi invite to City hall, and highly clustered results. Add 8 points I am number 39, and add an extra 2 on that and you are top 25. Here if they bring in the whole country the scale is likely to climb due to Nairobi’s relative competitiveness compared to most Provinces.

=>Army ASVAB for all US Military entrants top 0.5 percentile and they do indeed graph it, and this 3 years after high school and out of practice.

By the way there are few interesting co-incidences relating to my late Dad; He was a Maths and Physics junkie as I am (Fathers as role model for kids is affirmed here, the Physics books on the shelves generated my affinity before I knew the first thing about Physics save for the spelling, an alcoholic like me when younger and I learnt this years into having being kicked in the arse by alcoholism when my Mum explained the parallels between Dad, he was an amateur Rally Driver in Shekha Mehta days! I learnt this during my Dad’s funeral last year when, my Dad, as one of 3 first African Teachers in Lenana in Kamunge era, he radically change his students mind set(a pioneer Kenya teacher, more proficient than all WAZUNGU with excellent teaching skills, so much he tracked us down to my Dad’s funeral 50 years later after reading obituary!!!, and, though this was not in mind when I wrote my “Technical Subjects” authorship, it dawned on me after writing my own posting, I remembered, his Senior Professor Duty was no lesser than “Teaching Science Education In The African Context”… The PRECISE age my Dad was racing cars, and me totally unaware he raced when I was piloting my Subaru air borne over Kuwait, and this after modifying my 09 STI into a ful blown race car shooting like a bullet! And what I just paralleled between my late Dad and I is genuinely the truth.

By the way the SUCCESS was NOT brilliance, but thinking differently to find what works for me. When I was starting Form 2 Physics it was beating me around and I got so mad I shut out everything out o f my microscope and sat down to learn Physics, and after 1 week, it had become my favorite subject! If all this was intrinsic, should not I have been scoring well from the get go, not to forget me Bumming in bottom 10 when I was in Standard 1.

Again, the OCEAN is HUGE, and you can choose to be a SPONGE or a Blow-Off Valve!

If learning anything is kicking your behind, shut off externalities in their entirety, and play this GET BUSY-kunywa maji, until you get theme of the song is vindicated! Become a hard headed and get BUSY!!! My buddy in Prima was struggling, had to rewind, and then he said he is getting serious….and he flew his plane all the eay to a 560 something in KCPE and KCSE A-! If I am A LIAR, maybe you can instead trust my friend.

IT IS ALL IN YOUR MIND……IF YOU FIRMLY INTERNALIZE THIS NOTION………NO ONE AND NOTHING WILL STOP YOU!!

Enjoy your day……

Here, my relative success in whatever facets I have mentioned is BY NO means sheer brain power; it is adjusting my way of thinking.

SLIGHTLY MODIFIED: Previous Entry Got Truncated, and I will then create a separate posting from this.

A lot of my postings tend to be fairly long as a function of how I think, because, often ten tentacles may spring up even as I type, and if it slides I won’t remember to follow up , so I just add it.

To any keen listeners, there is a crucial difference to WAY OF THOUGHT, and MASTERY OF SUBJECTS IN GENERAL. No intrinsic talent or anything remarkable accounts for the fact I have emphatically thrived, and especially in technical subject matter due to the FORMER!! When you calibrate your thought process properly , you will be SHOCKED! The problem is that, when I try to point out some of those points to pay attention to, people think its bragging, or this or that, while the smarter ones zero in and take a shot an I have learnt so much from others as such, and for detractors or whatever the case, I personally don’t really care for static, but I put it out there with the intention that“whoever may seek that they may find”. Personally, I never skip a chance for improvement when I see it, and I try to relay the same to others.

I had placed a separate posting on methodology of “Teaching Technical Subjects In High School”, and it’s a safe assump;tion 95% could care less, but my target is the 5%. That is how I reason.

Like I had mentioned, I never attended 4 year traditional college, but jumped straight into blue collar in Calif after high school, the US Air Force active duty, and an Engineer since. After Boot camp and Technical Training, I was off to Okinawa Japan as my first duty station, and much else is history, but due to the fact that I was “SO CLUELESS” in “IT CONCEPTS”, my intellect curiosity was spewing fumes l like a volcano, and despite the fact 12 months prior, I didn’t know a mouse from a housecat, a desktop from the one my hands are resting on, wall paper beyond those that adorned our living room, and I thought Windows were windows as you and I best know them, I was fired up in the 4 month Long 40hr a week training in Networks and System Administration hands on training, plus the other specialties you would find in a typical NOC and was TOP GRADUATE out of more than 100 students at the end of it all, for reasons no more nor less than “THE CORRECT MIND SET.” At this point, my ex-high school mates would just be starting 2nd year.

On my first day as a Network Administrator in Okinawa, I was told to man the Help Desk phones. Honestly, I still had 0 real world experiences save for the 4 months hand on, but even then, I had the knack to speak to a customer, and give them the 5Ws+H, and accurate notes on symptoms, and thereafter, routed it to the relevant queue. In the morning phones were quiet, so I picked up a continuity binder and perused through the pages. 1 hour later there was morning standup, for all teams to brief their respective progress in various projects, and an NCO asked the question, any one know what SIPRNET stands for”, and I looked around and observed and heard no responses, then I raised my hand and said Secret Internet Protocol Network”. The NCO went, “so you guys are so incompetent that a first day and first term Airman knows an answer that none of you do?”. The truth is that the acronym was on page 2 of the binder I was flipping through, but knew zilch beyond spelling out the acronym. Clearly no one was studying their continuity information.

Learning the method II had spoken about was co-incidental. To rehash the original story, I had indicated a study method I have used in the past to study, leveraging the ability of the mind to associate 2 items, so bidirectional triggering capabilities do exist, so if you studied listening to a LOOPING song which you understood and was addictive enough, so you don’t need to “think about the song or lyrics” , yet your brain captures the experience subconsciously, even as the information you are studying gets absorbed, and a sort of mutual index is instantiated cerebrally. I would then listen to those looped songs to psyche me up when I was relaxing, or heading to the Test Center, and I started to realize, it was triggering recollection of some of the stuff I had been studying while the looping occurred, and therein lies the NEXUS.

I am gifted to have handwriting that is not as bad as it gets, but the worst it could possibly get. I am a clumsy leftie with total inability to write, short of “printing” to fill out a form. My notebook would SHOCK you! It really was scribbling, such that one line of my writing in a lined notebook would take any one of various potential vertical trajectories, resulting in ink on up to 3 rows for a line writte with not a single word spelt out in its entirety.! It t turns out that this is yet another weapon. I didn’t realize this for many years, but the very act of writing was a gilded 2-factor study mechanism as the other ones I described. Meaning? I hardly ever read my notes, but I took a lot of notes, and especially in high school, and much more in whatever college classes I would stumble into every now and then. So several people at different time asked for my notebook, because they felt the instructor was going very fast, and I seemed to be writing virtually all of it, which is almost completely true, and indeed it was at least 75 to 80% true, and that is the portion of a class I had “studied”, because I hardly ever revisited the notes.

TECHNICAL STUDYING:

In high school, I had big problems keeping awake, and on average 50% of the time in class I was awake and the other 50 asleep literally speaking. Events played out that due to corruption by the principal, there were over 250 Form 1s going to 2 and almost the same number 2 to 3 and the class capacities simply would take the saturation, or it may have, if we had been in class 1 or 2 with those tu itty bitty desks and chairs. The outcast were compiled and dumped in a 6th classroom. Unfortunately staffing held steady, and as such from Form 2 to Form 4, we had at BEST half the teachers at any one time. My sleep was well accommodated as a result, but I needed to “survive” with very little uptime. Without deliberate intention, or rather, this method developed from trial and error and to date has been my NUMBER ONE WEAPON OF WHATEVER YOU PRESENT ME WITH DESTRUCTION!! All my efforts were in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry(Botany, evolution and few others made me cringe Biology but I generally thrived because most of it is HOW PROCESSES WORK-I thrive 100% of the time in such. Over time, a ratio of 1:5to6 STUDY:REFLECTION. In other words, I could read a physics concept for about 10 minutes and then go to sleep for 50 minutes of “reflection”(often 10 minutes here or there was actual sleep, but if you looked at me, I would be “asleep” with eyes closed and all. In reality, I was trying together I had read until my mind could make a 100% transition through through each part of the process. And the whole process is almost inedibly etched such that you can retrieve the information in autopilot during an exam. What is happening here is that you are you spend most of the time actually STUDYING and not distracted by writing on a text book(which 70% of the time quickly transitions into “novel reading”, and not much good for Technical Material. Because of my sleeping patterns, I started to condense in my head the information in all the various subjects wherever they popped. I would recognize A as a land breeze, B as a Sea Breeze etc and other prominent information. Exploited properly, it is NOT difficult to fill in the blanks, and score a bunch of points, even when you know little, because the teacher would see that I UNDERSTAND THE LESSONS, which is infinitely more meaningful than MINUTIAE, such as 4Cbeing the temperature at which anomalous expansion of H2O takes place!. I effectively BSd through the other subjects, not in the literal sense, but rather, focusing on salient factors and employing due diligence with expounding on the salient factors, and the skill becomes stronger with more practice. So there wasn’t “magic” or “brilliance”, or call it what it may, it was a RECALIBRATION OF THE THINKING PROCESS. I didn’t say this would work for you or the next person, but look careful and wherever you get the gut instinct, use and abuse, or entirely exclude whatever you may and create your own PUDDING! I just gave you raw ingredients.

IQ TESTS:

I was engaged in a conversation the other evening on Quora and something about IQ came up. You notice how there are these bloated figures posted for celebrities for entertainment in the media circus. Somewhere in the middle of the conversation I typed in: “With 100 as average, top 2 percentile at ~130 and top 1 percent ~135 and up, Bill Gates at ~160, Einstein at ~160,; Isaac Newton ~160 to 170—plus hell Newton had to pass on getting laid all life to unleash calculus; Wozniack~200(More likely 170) -the real brains behind Apple-NOT Steve Jobs-dreamt up ideas that Wozniak, and from Woz’s own mouth Steve Jobs was more interested in being the important person which explains it all, turned into reality; with a standard deviation of 15 (meaning the degree of clustering pegged at Average IQ ±15 meaning most people will lie from ~85 to 115 range of IQ with a sharp drop the further you go from that range), do you honestly think 98% of that bullsh1t will stand?”. I added that IMO a more meaningful gauge, independent of any one SPECIFIC TEST, analyses of one’s percentile variations through life, through standard tests compared with peers, at work, and any such facets where the capabilities can comfortably be compared, and cumulatively, this should placate one with minimal bias of the often cited “nurture and exposure” counterarguments, plus including the whole expanse to include real world activities, perhaps meaningfully tells us a lot more, without relying on these weirdo “online iq tests that measure such facets such as how long it takes to get an erection after spelling superhead in reverse”!

I have personally looked at several online variants, and deliberately controlled the answers as I observed the IQ scores jumping, and about 97% of credulity evaporated when a specific Primary School level algebra question was weighted such that if your score reads 132 if you I get that question wrong, and 140 if you get it right.

In my case, the percentile has remained fairly consistent since age 9. First term Standard one I was a BUM in bottom 10 of class, really just a distracted kid not knowing whether I was “going or coming” at any one point. My Father, a Stellar Maths and Physics professor shouted the bum out of me and I was at the top by standard 3. My 2 most accurate exam scoring:

=>KCPE 70 of top 100 Nairobi invite to City hall, and highly clustered results. Add 8 points I am number 39, and add an extra 2 on that and you are top 25. Here if they bring in the whole country the scale is likely to climb due to Nairobi’s relative competitiveness compared to most Provinces.

=>Army ASVAB for all US Military entrants top 0.5 percentile and they do indeed graph it, and this 3 years after high school and out of practice.

By the way there are few interesting co-incidences relating to my late Dad; He was a Maths and Physics junkie as I am (Fathers as role model for kids is affirmed here, the Physics books on the shelves generated my affinity before I knew the first thing about Physics save for the spelling, an alcoholic like me when younger and I learnt this years into having being kicked in the arse by alcoholism when my Mum explained the parallels between Dad, he was an amateur Rally Driver in Shekha Mehta days! I learnt this during my Dad’s funeral last year when, my Dad, as one of 3 first African Teachers in Lenana in Kamunge era, he radically change his students mind set(a pioneer Kenya teacher, more proficient than all WAZUNGU with excellent teaching skills, so much he tracked us down to my Dad’s funeral 50 years later after reading obituary!!!, and, though this was not in mind when I wrote my “Technical Subjects” authorship, it dawned on me after writing my own posting, I remembered, his Senior Professor Duty was no lesser than “Teaching Science Education In The African Context”… The PRECISE age my Dad was racing cars, and me totally unaware he raced when I was piloting my Subaru air borne over Kuwait, and this after modifying my 09 STI into a ful blown race car shooting like a bullet! And what I just paralleled between my late Dad and I is genuinely the truth.

By the way the SUCCESS was NOT brilliance, but thinking differently to find what works for me. When I was starting Form 2 Physics it was beating me around and I got so mad I shut out everything out o f my microscope and sat down to learn Physics, and after 1 week, it had become my favorite subject! If all this was intrinsic, should not I have been scoring well from the get go, not to forget me Bumming in bottom 10 when I was in Standard 1.

Again, the OCEAN is HUGE, and you can choose to be a SPONGE or a Blow-Off Valve!

If learning anything is kicking your behind, shut off externalities in their entirety, and play this GET BUSY-kunywa maji, until you get theme of the song is vindicated! Become a hard headed and get BUSY!!! My buddy in Prima was struggling, had to rewind, and then he said he is getting serious….and he flew his plane all the eay to a 560 something in KCPE and KCSE A-! If I am A LIAR, maybe you can instead trust my friend.

IT IS ALL IN YOUR MIND……IF YOU FIRMLY INTERNALIZE THIS NOTION………NO ONE AND NOTHING WILL STOP YOU!!

Enjoy your day……

Here, my relative success in whatever facets I have mentioned is BY NO means sheer brain power; it is adjusting my way of thinking.

Last edited: 2 minutes ago
Dimz Fala, 8 minutes agoEditDeleteReportBookmark
#1Reply

[/ol]

https://www.kenyatalk.com/styles/default/xenforo/avatars/avatar_male_m.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20

[ol]
[li]Welcome to the banquet…let thine who uttered “I can not come to the banquet I’'ve married a wife and have got me a cow, I have fields and commit that cost a pretty some pray hold me I can not come”…hope the wording is correct[/li]

TECHNICAL STUDYING:

IQ TESTS:

Enjoy your day……

TECHNICAL STUDYING:

IQ TESTS:

By the way there are few interesting co-incidences relating to my late Dad; He was a Maths and Physics junkie as I am (Fathers as role model for kids is affirmed here, the Physics books on the shelves generated my affinity before I knew the first thing about Physics save for the spelling, an alcoholic like me when younger and I learnt this years into having being kicked in the arse by alcoholism when my Mum explained the parallels between Dad, he was an amateur Rally Driver in Shekha Mehta days! I learnt this during my Dad’s funeral last year when, my Dad, as one of 3 first African Teachers in Lenana in Kamunge era, he radically change his students mind set(a pioneer Kenya teacher, more proficient than all WAZUNGU with excellent teaching skills, so much he tracked us down to my Dad’s funeral 50 years later after reading obituary!!!, and, though this was not in mind when I wrote my “Technical Subjects” authorship, it dawned on me after writing my own posting, I remembered, his Senior Professor Duty was no lesser than “Teaching Science Education In The African Context”… The PRECISE age my Dad was racing cars, and me totally unaware he raced when I was piloting my Subaru air borne over Kuwait wakes up, you will bet someone punched your tummy, assuming of course that you are still able to hold on to the steering wheel)…, and this after modifying my 09 STI into a full blown race car shooting like a bullet
Once that 550HP turbo wakes up!!!THE TURBO RUSH!!!
The STI becomes a RAGING BEAST…and ANGRILY ROARS IN GLORY IN A BASE TONE, as the BOV literally starts WHISTLING to remind others to get OUT OF THE WAY as Armageddon approaches them.

Y you could bet you were punched by Tyson right in the diaphragm, assuming you are still seated upright DESPITE the the race bucket seats, and even more crucially, hopefully you can still hold onto the steering wheel if you are lucky! And what I just paralleled between my late Dad and I is genuinely the truth.

Enjoy your day……

Last edited: A moment ago
Dimz Fala, 28 minutes agoEditDeleteReportBookmark
#1Reply

[/ol]

https://www.kenyatalk.com/styles/default/xenforo/avatars/avatar_male_m.png