Naivasha SGR line starts Wednesday without cargo

The Nairobi-Naivasha standard gauge railway (SGR) line will be opened Wednesday for passenger services with the cargo business set for a later launch following delays in modernising the old line to Uganda and construction of a dry port in Naivasha.
Kenya Railways acting managing director Philip Mainga confirmed the start of the passenger service but did not give details on the cargo freight — which is critical in ensuring the new line generates revenues to pay the Chinese operator and China loans used for its construction.
The passenger services on the Sh150 billion line will only be available in four of the 12 stations, including Ongata Rongai, Ngong, Maai Mahiu and Suswa .
“Passengers will start using the route on Wednesday,” Mr Mainga told the Business Daily Tuesday in a phone interview without giving details on fares and frequency of the trains on the new track.
source: https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Naivasha-SGR-line-starts-tomorrow-without-cargo/539546-5311442-ujtxi6z/index.html

Mbona haina cargo?

Tuta kamuliwa proper…

The connection to Kisumu/Malaba is not complete yet. The upgrade of the old line

From cbd by car is 90km, train 120 km

pricing?

where it goes, i don’t know, what it will be carrying i have no idea, how much will be the price nobody can tell

I wonder why it never terminated in Nyaikuru , @spear , where thy at ?

And you have to go way back to Syokimau from town to board it.
By the time ufike huko Nissan matatu that left at the same time will be past Delamare on way to Nakuru.

ukifika naivasha…what happens…unaanza kuwalk through bushes to mai mahiu town ama?

Stop whining … go grab yourselofu some high quality lube that works equally well at high temperatures and pressures.

[ATTACH=full]265257[/ATTACH]

How come you didn’t insist on lube … must be very painful.

Sure, now i live in Ngong,…so should i forfeit mat alafu i go to the station which i have to pay boda soo moja then i board train mpaka Nairobi terminus then nishuke and board another one to cbd,…

We SGR for the leg room banae.

[ATTACH=full]265332[/ATTACH]

Who bewitched the Kenyan govt and African govts in general?