mystries of kenya

My buddies in neighboring landlocked countries tell me that the tax on vehicles is lower than kenya which has a port.Ethiopia is to sell us power at 0.07 USD per kilowatt this is far much cheaper than what kplc charges us for power produced in this country .Why does government continue to bail out loss making enterprises like kq,mumias ,uchumi etc why not sell them to save our tax.Sometimes i wish I could evade paying tax coz its so much almost a quarter of my salary goes.No picha .Onsungu dll pole

2 Likes

good thoughts…but you will cry “ouru is killing our mumiasi!”

2 Likes

we are heavily taxed man. Almost half of the price of an air ticket goes to the government.

2 Likes

Tusker in Ug is 80bobyet the barley was grown in kenya the damn beer brewed in kenya then shipped to Uganda

4 Likes

With oil prices having reduced drastically in the last year, you’d think things would be waaay cheaper. The private sector, despite perennially complaining that the govt doesn’t create a conducive environment for business, seems to be complicit in the screwing of kenyans. Isn’t it annoying how prices increase immediately international oil prices rise, but remain static even months after reduction huko majuu? Their usual excuse is “we’re still using the fuel we bought when prices were still high.”

3 Likes

Kenya is a truly oppressive country and I will leave it as soon as an opportunity presents itself.
The government keeps bailing out the non performing firms due to self interest and greed at the expense of the common mwananchi. I no longer pretend to buy local to support the local industry as it is nothing but pure hogwash

4 Likes

The irony is that oil is at an all time 11 year low in the International market. Punda anakufa:(

2 Likes

Was talking to some guys and someone mentioned that the road to Maasai Mara will never be done, apparently guys who do charters to the Mara pay very fat bribes to make sure the road stays hat way, I remember thinkin, if this is true, then we are truely fucked
But don’t complain too much, your bwana kubwa is fatter and richer than the equivalent Ugandan/Tanzanian bwana kubwa

Nile Breweries ngdio ina tengeneza Tusker in Ug

2 Likes

itabidi nimehamia Uganda…

I always thought roads in national parks are not upgraded to bitumen standards to blend in with the flora n fauna

1 Like

Not inside, I’m talking about the road from mwisho wa lami to sekenani gate

Hehe, this is [SIZE=2]Kenya [/SIZE]

the private sector exists to screw consumers…as long as you are paying you get screwed…

kenya is one of those countries that is always unfair to the common man

When I read such stuff nakasirika nikiona picha za simba 1 sijui nini, saa hii taka taka nairobi imejaa…things r too expensive nkt!!!

Hii ni Kidero 1st and Cord 2nd.
Its their Governor who’s in charge of the city.The whole of Tom Mboya street is riddled with potholes, but am sure you will never hear babuon talk about Kidero’s failures.

you are being manipulated to get angry, depressed. who are these “some guys” who know people who are paid fat bribes? remember “a lie told often enough becomes the truth”-Vladmir Lenin, Russian Communist Revolutionary and Politician…

Who is this" common man":smiley:
Wherebe he?

1 Like

don’t forget the kplc are also screwing us almost 200 sh as a fixed billing… I wonder why I have to pay them even when I don’t use their services when out of town… it should be like airtime you are billed for what you used… iyo ni uwizi

1 Like