Movement of persons for work and business in East Africa. Who is winning ?

Are there more Kenyans moving to and working in UG, TZ and RW or there is more of them coming to Kenya to work, study and trade ?

I suspect we have more Kenyans in UG than there are Ugandans in Kenya. Who is being favored by the current conditions ?

In what ways does a stronger currency encourage or discourage movement in and out of Kenya.

Boss, are you doing a PHD?

Hii ya local sijui but I know about the brain drain in the health sector with nurses moving to Europe and North America

Nah, just curious. Kama Kenya tuko poa venye tunapenda kijigamba… nipeni anecdotal evidence sitafuti exact stats.

Hujaona chinese ama Americans wakifanya kazi kenya. Are we economic giants?

1 Like

Kenyans are some of the most qualified people in the region, and most of the Kenyans that go to these countries do so on a professional basis to plug the gaps that may exist in these countries. How many kenyan companies have spread their tentacles to Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda, TZ? KCB, UAP, GA INSURANCE, EQUITY, COOP BANK, NIC, UCHUMI, NAKUMATT ETC, and with that they do so with a number of their Kenyan employees as well. On the other side of the spectrum, how many TZ, Ugandan, Rwandan as well as South Sudanese companies have spread into Kenya?

6 Likes

Total nos. would be very hard to get hapa kijijini, only KNBS or immigration department can provide you with such. Lakini on a smaller scale tunaweza kujibu. Professional services e.g law, architects, engineers, doctors, accountants/auditors, investment bankers, lecturers/teachers, machine operators e.t.c we are leading by a mile esp. in Uganda, South Sudan and Rwanda, Tanzanians hapa they play the protectionist card, I know of professionals who travel there and work in their hotel rooms coz. the moment ukitoea kwa ofisi immigration cops wanaitwa.
On other services e.g drivers, house girls, bar maids/whores, our neighbours have an advantage on us.

9 Likes

Kwanza Tanzanian whores and hawkers wamejaa hapo Majengo na Gikomba.

6 Likes

Seriously though there are many Naijas and Congolese in the city, I wonder what they really do.

On the issue of University, if you go to K.U at the moment, there is an entire hostel that is dedicated to foreign students from as far as Congo and Zimbabwe. Don’t know about other universities in Kenya

If at all Kenyans are many in Uganda trust me its because of education system. Education in Uganda is way cheaper than in Kenya, You’ll find fees ya campo in Ug is equivalent na ya high school in Kenya.

[ul]
[li]Home[/li][li]The College[/li][LIST]
[li]Office of the Principal[/li][li]About Us[/li][li]Research[/li][li]Employment Opportunities[/li][/ul]
[li]Academic Departments[/li][ul]
[li]Education Foundations[/li][LIST]
[li]Programs[/li][li]Staff[/li][/ul]
[li]Open and Distance Learning[/li][ul]
[li]Programs[/li][li]Distance Learning Centers[/li][li]E-Learning[/li][/ul]
[li]Arts Education[/li][ul]
[li]Programs[/li][li]Staff[/li][li]Course Structures[/li][/ul]
[li]Science Education[/li][ul]
[li]SNE and ECPE[/li][ul]
[li]Pre-University (Access)[/li][ul]
[li]Programs[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]
[li]College Contacts[/li][li]Help Desk[/li][ul]
[li]Technical Support[/li][li]Inquiries[/li][/ul]
[li]Resources[/li][ul]
[li]College Catalogue[/li][li]College Academic Calender[/li][li]Regular and distance learners guide[/li][li]Academic Policies[/li][/ul]
[li]Admission[/li][ul]
[li]Fees Structure[/li][li]Entry requirements[/li][li]Apply Online[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]
[ul]
[li]http://ceodl.kiu.ac.ug/templates/shaper_simplicity_ii/images/printButton.png[/li][li]http://ceodl.kiu.ac.ug/templates/shaper_simplicity_ii/images/pdf_button.png[/li][/ul]
[SIZE=6]FEES STRUCTURE FOR PROGRAMS AT KAMPALA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OPEN, DISTANCE AND e-LEARNING[/SIZE]
PROGRAM

FEES

POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES

USD

UGX

MASTER OF ARTS (PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT)

MASTER OF ARTS (CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND PEACE BUILDING)

MASTER OF EDUCATION (EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT)

MASTER OF EDUCATION (EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT) IN-SERVICE

MASTER OF EDUCATION (SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION)

MASTER OF EDUCATION (EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION)

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING)

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (FINANCE AND GBANKING )

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MANAGEMENT )

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MARKETING)

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (NGO MANAGEMENT)

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SUPPLY AND PROCUREMENT )

Ph.D (in the above areas)

UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES

BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (ACCOUNTING OPTION)

BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (FINANCE OPTION)

BACHELOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND PEACE BUILDING

BACHELOR OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION

BACHELOR OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING

BACHELOR OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES

BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADINISTRATION (ACCOUNTING OPTION)

BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADINISTRATION (FINANCE AND BANKING OPTION)

DIPLOMA IN COMMERCE

DIPLOMA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

DIPLOMA IN CONFLICT RESOLUTIONA AND PEACE BUILDING

DIPLOMA IN GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING

DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION

DIPLOMA IN DEVELOPMENT STUDIES

DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

EDUCATION COURSES

REGULAR

BACHELOR OF ARTS WITH EDUCATION

BACHELOR OF SCIENCE WITH EDUCATION

BACHELOR OF SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION ARTS/SCIENCE

DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION

DIPLOMA IN SECONDARY EDUCATION (ARTS)

DIPLOMA IN SECONDARY EDUCATION (SCIENCE)

IN-SERVICE

BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SECONDARY) ARTS/SCIENCE

BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (PRIMARY) ARTS/SCIENCE

BACHELOR OF EDUCATION SNE/ECPE ARTS/SCIENCE

DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY EDUCATION (ARTS/SCIENCE)

http://ceodl.kiu.ac.ug/index.php/admission/fees-structure.html

1 Like

so its the cost not necessarily the quality

1 Like

When it comes to education, quality is more important than cost. Degrees are everywhere, the rating of the university/college should be key.

There is a Tanzanian i’m seriously pounding and i can testify they are more respectful, loyal, better cook and less demanding. Tanzania girls should be given a pass to live here. The only problem is i can’t understand her text coz of swahili slang. Akituma text i still have to call her to find out what she says. English is very foreign to them.

2 Likes

In Kenya ndio upate kazi ni kujuana, hizi makaratasi ni bure sana. Kama huna godfather ole wako.

2 Likes

Spot On! Ukweli kabisa! I have travelled in all East African countries except Burundi, and that is exactly what I felt.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
TZ is a particularly dangerous place for Kenyans to work, yet so many TZ nationals are doing tuk tuk and boda biz in the heart of Nairobi.

1 Like

sad but true they do not hold much weight, degree ya UoN ama MKU, kama huna godfather they are all just worth the paper they have been printed on. No difference

2 Likes

Papers nowdays are meant to help your godfather get you a better position. Otherwise with or without papers that person would still get a job. Hii ujinga ya kuapply jobs advertised kwa newspaper doesn’t work any longer, it like being invited to be a spectator for an akready selected person get the job.

2 Likes

Hawa wanakaaga dealers\peddler’s huzurura tao ?. Na wanakuaga na kelele mingi ,wakiongea lazma watu wajue hao ni manaija au Congolese.

1 Like

STUPID and simplistic thinking, so you think Bongo women are a homogenous group, with similar characteristics!? So you dated one TZ chick and her behavior represents all the TZ women, As some one who as lived and worked in Dar, and a few other places in EA I call that BULLSHIT, in TZ and everywhere else you will find good women and horrible women, it all comes down to them as individuals.

1 Like