Mnanunuanga magari aje? Kwani mnalipangwa pesa ngapi???

Huyu ni chocha

Details, details, details… Which car, ulikua unamantain aje? Were you using it daily?

Hii mvua imekua saidi and we pedestrians are suffering.

Hii jamaa aanze na Toyota AE 100. Those go for around 300k and are reliable and very cheap to maintain.

Almost impossible unless hukuwa unalipa rent na ukajinyima Sana of which haimake sense
Lik why save ½ of your income for like 2 years to buy something which will consume ⅓ or more of your monthly income

Ungengoja akupe timelines before refuting

Watu wa passive income mtu chanue

Uko na 30M?

Azor laghai is preparing another thread to answer to this thread.

My first car was a Peugeot 504 nilianua na 300k followed shortly after by a Subaru impreza yenye nilianua after disposing off the 504. By 2011, nilikuwa nimekulakula nikapanda bei kidogo. I used to cover a round journey of 10km daily to and fro. Kuhamisha job to south b cut the distance to about 5km round trip. Let us assume you stay in donholm and work in Industrial area or along thika road. With a 1500cc car, mafuta ya 300 imetosha which is almost the same as what you will pay kwa matatu. Contrary to popular belief, gari hupelekangi garage kila wiki so maintenance shouldn’t really be an issue not unless if you drive like an animal or bought a really beat up car.
My point is, with determination and discipline, owning a car sii ngumu. OP akijikakamua na 500k, he is spoilt for choice of good condition vehicles like the second generation Rav4, Premio 240, Allion, NZE, second generation Honda CRV, Subaru impreza etc. All he has to do is patiently look around. Shida in kama yeye ni mtu wa numberplate. Hapo ndio atang’ang’ana kidogo.

You don’t have to start with your dream car, most people never get to drive their dream car.
Changa 350k and buy a kadudu ya 2010.
Pia sio lazima ununue gari hauhitaji, you can always hire a car for special occasions and weekends without incurring unnecessary expenses or being exposed to liabilities that come with car ownership.

Which one is that?

Good advice but I would really encourage OP to go for it. Hiring a car comes with its challenges sana sana reliability. Unaweza pewa gari iko na shida ama ukose kama time ya Christmas ama weekend thus inconveniencing yourself.

Shikilia hapo kwa subaru impreza. This is a 2015 model. At 1.35m, would you consider it a worthy purchase?

As compared to say, an axela?

[ATTACH=full]411175[/ATTACH]

Honestly, I am prejudiced against most Subarus after 2012. I am a Subaru guy myself but for some reasons, the post 2012 Subarus are yet to grow on me. The CVT, body kits, feminine looks, Toyota like plastics kila mahali etc. With that kind of money, my personal preference would be a used forester SH5, outback BR9, CRV or a 2007-2010 rav4 since I feel I would be getting more car for my money as compared to the impreza. My assumption is that wewe sii mtu wa numberplate kama mimi. However, as I said, I am prejudiced against post 2012 subarus.
Kwa Mazda nayo lazima nikubali I am a baby. Never been kin about Mazda. I have to be truthful to you. Maybe @Rene Descartes should weigh in.

Rustler’s office. Nauza nyasi pole pole …
[ATTACH=full]411181[/ATTACH]

You sound like a logical fellow. Gari ni an extra cost burden save that money for a rainy day. If you are comfortable as is using public transport well and good.

[SIZE=4](Lakini isikuwe wewe ni @Old Monk unatubeba upus.)[/SIZE]

My two cents. Gone were the days when a car was a luxury. Today a car is of great convenience that you only appreciate after getting one, just like your smartphone.

“New” cars are currently overpriced. You can get a decent unit with less than 1m. But know your expenses will shoot. Example is you will have to move to a house with good parking.

Kumbe unaweza kuwa sensible ghasia hii.

I came to learn that German machines which are repossessed are very cheap. Bought an X5 at 450k.