Mazishi ya baruhya

2 Likes

Not Luhyas, just one clan among the Bukusu, they call themselves “Balunda”, Musikari Kombo is one of them, they are buried while seated. I have not witnessed the “seating” process, but I am told elders just talk to the body and the body does not resist when put in a seating position even with Riga Mortis. They are also the rainmakers in the Bukusu community, they can summon rain and hold it if they have an important function.

8 Likes

abo Balunda

Most of these traditions sound like rumors that became popular. Some guy says something snd then spreads a rumor that’s how it’s always been done, and soon everyone believes him.

2 Likes

Or Jaba stories that got out of hand

5 Likes

mbaruhia jinga na io casket ni ya nini?

1 Like

Heheheh Baruya zote zinazikwa kama zimekaa chini na mchudhes inaangalia mecca

2 Likes

In my 60 years on Mother Earth, I have seen enough things to know that some of these believes are actually true. I went through the Bukusu traditional circumcision and the whole process is full of these performances, if you skip any of them or do it wrong, the whole process will not end well.

5 Likes

As usual you missed the point…understandable with your shoe size IQ.

2 Likes

Traditions zote niza ku fit agenda flani.Eg kwa nyumba ya mluya imondo ya kuku is reserved for the man of the house.Ikikulwa na anybody else bad luck will befall the whole family.The men have twisted it to their advantage such that if the imondo is eaten by a female semeji,lazima akulwe na man of the house so that bad luck does not befall the family.
After eating the imondo and going to bed,the sister in law will be deep asleep at 1am anaskia akitolewa suruali.Akiuliza “Baba Shindishindu unafenyeko nini” anajibiwa akiingizwa njwanga “kwanini ulikuleko imondo?unataka kumaliza boma?panua mikuu tutakase hio pepo mbaya”.Akiskia ngori ilikua nikukula imondo anatulia anapokea tarimbo bila kusumbua.Saa hizo Mama Shindishindu alikula gorogoro mbili za ugali na kuku akajaza na chai supper amelala fofofo hana rada chenye inaendelea next room

19 Likes

Mzee, hizo ni porojo. Bukusus wengine huenda hospital na hata in those traditional cut process I witnessed many boys wakijirusha kwa river asubuhi waende wakatwe na wenzao. I wonder which process you are talking about.

Also done by Idakho, Tachoni and Kabras.

1 Like

haha (2022_01_12 09_34_18 UTC)

3 Likes

Wamalwa was buried while sitting down. Just let you know

1 Like

Hawa wanaweza request undertaker aweke mkono ishike genitals kama ananyonga if the deceased died without children

3 Likes

Wamalwa is Omuengele, he was not burried sitting. I am uncled kwa Baengele.

1 Like

When he was being buried omukhongo, i witnessed the grave being dug. It was made in a way like it was a chair like. Ask around. I was there hapo Milimani kitale.

2 Likes

Watu wanaamini stupid beliefs hadi esteemed elders. Africa has a lot of catching up to do.

1 Like

Siyo stupid beliefs banae. Those were guardrails for traditional society.

People had to operate within a certain societal order. For example, in most African societies, a liar such as Jambass would never be a leaderstrong text

3 Likes

I saw some west African’s who have mastered this art of summoning and holding the rain. They even had business rivalries amongst themselves , they could summon rain to ruin your occasion, or even summon it if you imported a rainmaker from far away.

I never got to see them in a one on one contest.