Matatus ban Mpesa coz passengers reverse fare payment

Wrong. Money paid to a Paybill CANNOT be reversed by Safaricom. Till number may be different.

I had a similar case with a client on my paybill. Client paid to an inactive paybill number tried to reverse unsuccessfully, contacted me(owner of paybill), I contacted Safaricom who refused to reverse until I write them a signed and stamped letter requesting reversal from my paybill to the client. After drafting the letter, the reversal occurred in less than 5mins.

For a paybill reversal to occur, the registered Paybill Admin must write to [email protected] from the safaricom noted email address requesting for reversal. Safaricom CANNOT and WILL NOT reverse based on a customer call.

Siongezi lingine

inactive paybill lazima ikuwe na strict process

This short cut culture in. Ke is short sighted and will eventually be the end of a promising country, even while going out unaona watu bado wanajaribu kueka waiter kiraka.

i used to believe kama wewe until siku i reversed a transaction i thought was wrong when it was legit.

Thats my point bro. For you to reverse money from a paybill/till no the owner has to be contacted to accept the reversal.

paybill needs the company to agree. till number ndio safcom can reverse billa the company agreeing

Zii. I mean the paybill is active just that the company we were changing payment from Paybill to Till Number and had not deactivated the paybill.

Zii. The paybill is active according to Safaricom and still allocated to our company. I can withdraw funds and perform normal paybill operations on it.

By inactive i meant as a company we were phasing it out for a division and replacing with a till number for payments from retail customers and using the paybill for payments for another arm of the business.

Safaricom will NEVER EFFA reverse payment from a paybill without the authorization of the paybill owner hata uruke juu chini. They will just ask you to report the matter to the police and the police will follow up with the paybill owner

Hizi sio kama zile peer transactions za where safaricom will just reverse if the receiver has sufficient balance on their mpesa but cannot be reached. Ya biashara, without express permission nothing is happening my fren

Why would businesses accept Mpesa if all you need to do is reverse the funds once you pay? You must be naive to think Kenyans are that trustworthy not to want to reverse payments made to supermarkets and restaurants. Very few businesses won’t accept Mpesa as a mode of payment.

These cash heavy businesses require so much oversight usichezwe it becomes even more of a hassle than a benefit. My friend owned a kinyozi and within the year, walimuonyesha maneno. Wanakucheza tu ukiwa hapo, she’d have to invest so much time a day to oversee the biz hadi ata akitoka shop for a few hours, anajua wataiba hadi arudi. Ukileta mtu wako hapo, ata yeye watamuibia hadi akuwe sharp. Once your person is sharp, they’ll either remain honest, or start colluding with staff wakuibie. Aliuza hio biashara and never looked back.

Hizo biashara kama kinyozi zinataka uweke target kama ya matatu. You commit yourself to running it for a few months, alafu kutoka hapo unaacha hizo ghaseer. If they can’t meet targets you fire their asses, hapana cheka na watu. Rinse and repeat until you angukia a team you can depend on.

They do that on your behalf. How will you know the owner of a till number that you wrongly paid into?

Wrong. You don’t know what you’re talking about