Maize Plantation - is it worthy it?

In Highlands you have a prolonged rain season that you need to utilize, the longer the maize will take growing the better it utilises that rain. Even a maize crop for making silage has to reach flowering stage if you want good quality feed. You harvest just before it starts to fill the cobs with grains because that is when it starts to transfer food from stalk to reproductive part I.e. grains. If you plant the 5-6 months maize it will be taller and give you more silage. However if you plant the early maturing one you get less silage for a shorter period of time.

Thank you kabisa, pewa moja leo.

Huko UG what makes it so cheap? Juu kama wanakuja kuuza 2k gunia huku means wameinunua at kama 1k gunia nauko

Good question. Their soil doesn’t need CAN or DAP fertilizers, and if it did they are very cheap because of government subsidies. Also petrol for fertilizers transportation is alittle bit cheaper.

Hii laini nataka sana

Scam,the cheapest is 2200 and next year expect 3k… heri nikae na mazao if otherwise

:D:D:D hata wewe uliona hii ni hesabu ya karatasi tu nika gambling

This is my thoughts about agriculture as a whole. I have never tried planting anything.

In agriculture you’re dealing with a lot of odds stacked against you. First, you have to find the best seeds, the right fertilizer for planting, the right time to weed, the best fertilizer for growth, a hide and seek game with the weather, ikiamua kunyesha wind rain, your farm might be flat,

Ikifika time ya corb, you deal with thieves, harvesting time weavals and other insects, lazma ununue dawa.

Haya, tafuta market, broker akuumize. Decide not to sell, and you have to build a store and deal with insects and rats.

Panda njugu wachana na mahindi

Tangu cornstarch from abroad iflood Kenyan market masquerading as flour, panda mahindi at your own risk.