Life

We threw down. A stone cold gentleman. Seeing my buddy lying down in hospice. Helpless.The scourge cancer ravenging. Rest well with the angels.

stay brave soldier …this world aint our home we merely passing by

Sorry guy.

Pole last week I lost an uncle due to alcoholism. Pombe ilikuwa imekula tumbo yake. Alikuwa akikula food after some minutes anatapika.

pole sana. Jana we also burried a cousin. Somehow i havent belied he is dead. such is life

The word Cancer sends cold shivers down my spine. Sadness is that it is always diagnosed at its last stages. Izza man. Find solace.

Pole…

Izza kaka braza

Pole, brother. Keep your head up

True Men, I can relate to this.

Pole sana, what type of cancer?
It is scary that 1 in 2 women and 1 in 3 men in the US and UK will develop some type of cancer in their lifetime. It is the scourge of our time.
May he RIP.

Pole sana. Cancer is the worst illness we have in our time. Kwanza being told you have weeks to live by top oncologists (ama wanaitwa aje) is devastating.

Our posts crossed each other. This is the beast. Niee ndarerire na Rio Ferdinard when his wife was diagonised with an aggressive form of breast cancer I think? he is a footie millionaire…anyway she passed on leaving him a widow with young kids…yaani the best treatment could do nada.

Then he lost his Mum juzi to cancer…how cruel can life be?

Sad. I prefer not to mention it so when talking I say the ‘C-word.’ It’s worse than a curse word, that evil thing that has claimed so many dear souls.

And it is so harsh and gruelling. And money and the best top care cannot help. Yule ako my shathay na yule ako NYC ama the infamous Randan …destiny ni the same. Now the young kids at Great Ormond or Evalina Children’s at St Thomases break my will to live!

[SIZE=7]To all you villagers that lost a dear one,[/SIZE]
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HauntingEasyBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb.gif

Pole sana @Swansea.

One thing I know is that our health sector has done a very poor job of educating people on cancer. In its strategic plan for the disease the gavament itself admits it concentrated too much on infectitious diseases and neglected NCDs (non-communicable diseases) such as cancer and heart disease.

About 80% of all cancers are manageable (note: NOT ‘curable’) if caught at Stage I or II. But because our people associate pain with disease (very, very few cancers cause pain in Stage I and II) and because they do not know the tell-tale signs like lumps, bleeding, skin puckering, enlarging moles, difficulty in swallowing, unexplained discharges such as from nipples and vagina, etc etc etc they take long before seeking medical advice. Today, over 85% of all cancers in Kenya are diagnosed at Stages III or the terminal IV, when palliative treatment is often the only option.

Hopefully, the new National Cancer Institute will soon launch an education programme in the lines of the one for HIV. Otherwise a lot of people will die in coming years.

@Purple …there is a message I read earlier from Fiund about the diaspora…cannot find it. I need to read and save it…

Learn your family history too. I’ve shared this story before but I’ll do it again. A friend of mine had breast cancer stage 4 but it has actually reversed by a new class of drugs called biologics-with minimal to no side effects. At first she was on chemo but it was making her worse because the nature of the cancer was “triple negative”- which doesn’t respond well to conventional chemotherapy. At some point she was on continuous oxygen and still couldn’t breath or walk from weakness. She was dying before our very eyes, but miracles do happen. The metastasis in the lung, bones, brain-gone! I kid you not. (She had surgery-radical mastectomy, removal of lymph nodes and radiation too…)

Back to my point. Come to find out my friend’s mom had died at about her present age and she had terrible coughs and inability to breath just before death. She postulates her mother had breast cancer. Well, my friend went ahead and had genetic testing which came back positive for BRCA1 mutation. Imagine had she known that fact earlier, breast checkups would have started earlier and conducted more thoroughly.

They say if your family member died of colon cancer, you should have colonoscopy screening at least 10 years before that first generation family member was diagnosed. My coworkers dad died of prostrate cancer. When he got to 10 years prior to his dad’s dying age, his prostate cancer test came back positive!

While it’s important to be on the lookout for signs and symptoms, age, gender and familial based mandatory cancer screening is far more effective in early detection.

He deleted it…