Lexus

But also when it comes to fuel consumption, it depends on whether you do 90%of your travelling on the highway or in town. If you do town driving, a hybrid can save you a ton of ngata. But highway driving ni tofauti.

Case in point: a test was done a distance of about 150kms on the highway with speed limits capped at about 100. A prius was told to keep up with a landcruiser v8. The v8 consumed lass fuel than the prius. But for town driving, the prius wins hands down.

One thing I can advice ni usifanye engine wash. Waambie wapanguse tu. I have never owned a hybrid but I remember an engine wash screwed some sensors in my car. From that day on, I saw theres no point of engine wash.

i can only do that on my 2007 escudo which will make some funny noises kwa fan belt (air con unit) for a day then get back to normal.hizi post 2010 models i cant dare

true…ive done nairobi to malindi with about half tank to spare(full tank was 7k) though i was alone with plenty of time to spare and i never went past 130kph…something i can never do with my 2000cc v6 escudo

Chukua hii[ATTACH=full]228495[/ATTACH]

Wachana na harrier / rx models nunua Prado iko na 1 kd or 1gd engine ,runs well na iko na 180 litre fuel tank , lakini budget ikikata nunua Toyota Fortuner.

upus.hapan tambua 4 cylinder engines…the only advantae it has over a 350/450h is offroad capabilities but when it comes to power/speed the lexus will outrun it any day of the week

This is true but it all depends what the guy wants to do it with. There are luxury cars in practically all segments. Is he a long distance guy, an offroader ama a guy who lives in shags, or is he a town guy?

Anyway, the original question is that the guy has his mind set on a harrier so at this point we can presume he knows his driving habbits. So harrier it is.

Izo zinaitwa tu Harrier, lexus enye tunajua ni lx 570, ya suppliers wa NYS

Yaani mafuta ya kuenda kazi ni ile rent @Motokubwa ameokota miezi sita kwa tenants wake.

Have you driven the 150 series Prado na 1gd turbo diesel , drive it then report back,the Lexus may be faster but can it maintain the necessary power to keep up with the Prado ?

N/A engines don’t have turbo lag and am speaking from experience when I tell you these new prados can’t keep up with a 3.5litre v6 on the highway

On the issue ya turbo lag that’s has minimises by having twin scroll turbo ama hata triple turbo that spool much faster ,try catching up na ile matatu inaitwa " chopper" ,first hundred metre utasonga ,but once it spools wewe wa N/A engine car utaona moto

Jesus is lord…come.srowry…at this rate i will never mention mine

Beyond your budget…

I think solution nikujinyonga tu…you have no purpose in life

Use AISIN Engine oil 5W-40 or 5W-30 (0W-20 for hybrid), depending on manufacturer recommendation. Shouldn’t cost you more than 3k for 4litres.

https://i.imgur.com/asP507i.jpg

Came close to financing this beast last year. GS 350 F Sport.

Had an opportunity to drive it for a week and totally loved it. Didn’t buy it because of the very wonky multimedia system which is super outdated, so much tech which made the car very boring which means you can’t do anything with the computer freaking out, the car just is made to look good.

The cheaper Hyundai Genesis is so much more fun and better interior comfort than the above car…

Bought cheap, but maintenance itakumaliza. A close relative had problems with her active headrests. Quoted price to reset the two is 1k. Never had a problem with my legsus for over 5 years. Navigation went out a couple of years back, but I was able to resolve that issue without spending a single turtleback. It pays to follow a forum

Maintenance wasn’t an issue since it was coming with a great warranty package. But that wasn’t enough for me to bite… But the looks of it are really killer.