KRA Wamekuja

I’m curious though, they are a small business. If they don’t have the records, and the penalties are more than she can pay. Akafunga biashara aende to another location?

Mambo ni matatu:

1. Alipe
  2. Jela
  3. Binguni

Tuliwawoon

2 Likes

Let them own the business. Wacha ipewe JSKS ,his swinelets and the prophetess . The rest of us should just die we leave them in peace wakikula kila kitu na meno Yao mingi

5 Likes

Also curious how they’ll enforce this in Gikomba, where they just deal with cash… And Eastleigh too

2 Likes

Saa hii tutaweka pesa kwa nyumba kama wahindi

2 Likes

Hehe, KRA should educate small business owners about tax and the importance of paying tax. Hii kuanza na kifua ni upuzi mtupu

3 Likes

bado kanachemkia jikoni :rofl: :rofl:
https://twitter.com/Kenyans/status/1712098123038756906

3 Likes

Will be an interesting study how the micro businesses will respond to this move. Especially when slapped with backdated taxes and penalties. I foresee many of them just shifting location and becoming a cat and mouse game, withdraw all their money from banks to avoid account freeze and opt to deal with cash or withdraw option. Should be interesting to see if they’ll go to Gikomba, Toi.

2 Likes

The big informal economy is about to get bigger

6 Likes

I think they will also shun to an extent formal banking, digital transactions

2 Likes

I foresee a large number of businesses registering afresh as start-ups.

1 Like

Hahahaha, crypto inuke sasa by lack of other choices.

Nyanya za fifty .000000000000000000000000000004 ETH :joy:

1 Like

Itabidi walete CBDC kama Nigeria. But its introduction should be carefully planned. Naijas rejected it and reverted to barter trade ata walimu walikuwa wanalipwa na foodstuffs :joy:

3 Likes

Kumbe ndio maana hao watu wa Easily ukiwauliza paybill ama till huwa wanakuonyesha Mpesa agent utoe hizo pesa.

2 Likes

Nawait wa shike brothel za rifarodi

Rothbard-lead

Washington-8

government-55-384x420

2 Likes

My father received such a letter,they demanded all manner of books and told him to pay 4 million na biashara ni kiosk ata turnover ya miaka kumi hawezi fika hiyo 4 million.

1 Like

… And? What’s the plan?

Corporations and LLCs exist as separate legal entities from their owners, allowing the business to acquire assets, enter into contracts, and take on debt. In turn, if your business cannot pay its debts, creditors can go after your company’s assets, not your personal ones. Simply shut down, and give up all assets wajilipe

3 Likes

Sasa wewe, you are explaining this legalese to a small business owner who probably just has a trading name?