KQ Loses Second Experienced Pilot To Covid, Captain Salah Salim Jeizan

A senior Kenya Airways captain has died of Covid-19. Captain Salah Salim Jeizan, 57, died at a London hospital on Wednesday, the airline’s chief human resources officer Evelyne Munyoki said in a condolence message.

The captain flew London (Heathrow Airport) on November 7 from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. He developed difficulties in breathing while in a London hotel.
[ATTACH=full]337251[/ATTACH]

He was rushed to a local hospital where he was admitted. He has been on and off oxygen, according to sources familiar with his last days of treatment.

“We have informed our staff about the passing away of our colleague. May he RIP. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time,” communications director Dennis Kashero told the Star Wednesday.

Jeizan was born on October 31, 1963. He joined Flamingo, a subsidiary of KQ, on May 1, 2000. He switched to the national carrier on November 21, 2001 and worked there till his death.

The airline management said Jeizan rose through the ranks, flying various fleets until his last position as a senior captain on the Boeing 787 fleet. The company has eulogised him as a dedicated staffer.

Pole kwa family and friends. RIP

big loss

You’d rather have low IQ homosexuals like @Kimakia and @T.Vercetti luwere than these pilots engineers and doctors which is a huge loss for the country.

Kwani ni Mihindi pekee “huendesha” KQ planes

We also have captain wainaina and captain koki…and i believe a couple of others with over 10k hrs

See you only two Blackies off head but i bet you know more Indian pilots

@

@Black Panther still thinks Corona is a Hoax.

Corona should finish off all these filthy old men our young people languishing at home wapate jobs

Ata kama Likhotio umezidi,heshimu uzee na wazee ama tukukorogee uende ukiendaga.Uliza yule mwenzako mwenye alienda Ahera juzi kutoka Zimbabwe.

Alpha Males are immune to this fake bullshit called corona. Hawa wazee waondoe jam hapo mbele na sio tafadhali. We cant have the likes of Atwoli in civil service for 40 years

Its kind of chills my spine to think of an ailing captain in command of a commercial airliner or any other aircraft. I hate to imagine an inexperienced FO having to put an oxygen mask over the captain, singlehandedly run through all checklists and then declare an emergency. How safe are people in the skies in this pandemic really?

Anyway, Kudos to him for maintaining a stiff upper lip, and R.I P.

Assuming hakuna racism pale K.Q , wahindi wamejaa juu wako na mirrions ya kulipa pilot school pale South africa …

So WaAfrika hawana pesa na mbona wakuje KQ,si kuna India Airways ama inaitwaje

Nakubaliana na wewe hapo pa Atwoli na pia ule Pastor wa EACC,na Moody Awori pia

Nothing to worry about here. FO know how to land a plane and secondly while the plane is airbourne just putting it in auto pilot while he attends to the ailing pilot is nothing difficult for a FO

Covid is hitting the best of the best and leaving chokosh like @magreb to roam the world. The idiotic old guys who don’t want to let go of power and positions ndio wanapatikana.

I agree. Ukisomea SA ni guarantee kupata job.

Kufa na kuishi ni mipango ya the most high.

@Kimakia … pilot school apana cheap my fren