KNH Ought (at some level) to be Congratulated!

Notwithstanding the unfortunate mix-up of patients, KNH ought to be congratulated. This is why. From the story, we now learn that KNH has gotten to a point where it is able to perform complex surgeries on ‘unknown adult males’. These are basically ‘watu wa kuokotwa’. In days gone by, such people used to be just left to die. To the extent that they are now receiving some care, including CT scans and surgeries, shows that we may be getting somewhere. There is always a silver lining in every story.
Unfortunately, if we are not careful in how we handle the current crisis, we may end up with a situation where, in the future, the doctors avoid performing surgeries on such patients – the ‘kuokotwa’ patients. Yet anybody could end up in such a situation: where they are, for instance, beaten and left for the dead. They would therefore be unidentified, yet critically ill patients in need of surgery. To me, the current case, however unfortunate, seems to have been a honest mixup.

I like the way you think. Crises are always hidden opportunities. If KNH reacts properly, it can become the premier referral hospital in East and Central Africa. Check out an exact replica story in Charles Duhigg’s "The power of Habit’, chapter 6 - The Power of a Crisis – How Leaders Create Habits Through Accident and Design. Check these links
The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg – a chapter summary | Q Community
The Power of Habit — Charles Duhigg

Or we can come together as consultants and show the KNH management how they can benefit from this crisis.:slight_smile:

The label is “unknown African male.” :slight_smile:

Nonsense.

I said I wont comment on this story of mixed heads coz mistakes are bound to happen, since all of them had no names or relative to assist the doctors in identification.

it was just jana someone said small hole can sink a whole ship

In short patients are specimens?