Kesho is the deadline to file your tax returns

You have a few hours remaining to file your tax returns otherwise a hefty fine awaits you. Tulipe ushuru tujitegemee.

How do you file if you were previously employed, lakini sasa uko unemployed?

Nilijaribu nil returns ikakataa

You probably have some withholding taxes or you had an employer in 2020.

Musito @captain obvious ali-file NIL returns June ikianza. Sipendi last minute rush.

Mimi nategea ya next time

I always file NIL on 1st of january each yr. Ingenous will kill me one day :smiley:

Yes, I was on a five month contract, iliisha octomber 2020.

How do I go about it

File a return and amend later when you have more information on what to do.

wacha ushamba, tax ya io miezi tano io ingine in each corresponding month ni zero.
si you inbox jamaa wa cyber @captain obvious details na mpesa ya 150/=

They can shovel it up their asss

@patco

Was PAYE deducted on your remuneration or Withholding tax ?

A old friend retired from civil service and received a lumpsum last year which was taxed. He is getting monthly pension but no payslips or form P9. Does he need to file returns?

The PAYE was deducted

Pensions are taxed under withholding tax regime, so yes, he needs to file his returns + lumpsum

File for employment income only.

Ya kazi gani… By 40 I shouldn’t even rem my Kra pin… Nikumumunya tu pole pole n send nil returns. Hawa jamaa ni bladifakin sana

Hehehe, but in the civil service, you better be in KRA good books as you might need a tax clearance certificate useful in interviews for promotion or for new employment.

This year the Authority has promoted the use of digital channels including the KRA M-Service App in light of the prevailing Covid-19 pandemic, which has occasioned minimal visits to public places as a safety measure. KRA has also put in place the necessary measures to support taxpayers who may need assistance during the filing season virtually. At [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]https://www.payrollindex.com/outsourced-payroll/ you can learn everything you need to know about outsourcing payroll. More than 5.5 million taxpayers filed their tax returns for the year 2020 at the close of the June 30, 2021 deadline. This saw Kenya Revenue Authority record 1.1 million more taxpayers filing their returns compared to 4.4 million last year, which is a 19 percent growth.