Kenya Said to Be Near $800 Million Citibank, StanChart Loan (Bloomberg)

Hekaya kabisaaaaaa. Some ninja alienda kuweka thitima kwa his newly built house. Aliambiwa aandike barua akideclare ati amekubali kulipa charges watampa juu hiyo 15k haiwesmake. Hizi vitu unaona kwa TV ati Looto analaunch sijui nini ni kama findeo ni kama ndrama - part of the PR stunts we are now accustomed to.

My import: Uhuru’s declaration that people will pay 15k to have elec installed in their houses was just a populist roadside declaration. Nothing has been done to put it on paper as a policy.

I have been doing a small real estate project home and I can actually report that it is the case.

Installation is 15k with which you can pay as a lump sum and there is also an initiative whereby you pay in monthly installments of about Kshs 800

I wish I could show the guy your response.

1 Like

The KSH 15,000 is only applicable if you are within 600m of a transformer.
At home i have faced the same challenge of distance…
Look at this too from the Nation today…
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Longer-wait-for-cheaper-Sh15-000-power-connection/996-3821722-hx3u6s/index.html
[ATTACH=full]84989[/ATTACH]

Jamaa is less than half that distance. This would work better if it is backed by policy so that funds can be allocated for such. Huko KPLC, jamaa keeps being told, “Othire mbesha!”

2 Likes

:smiley:

:D:D:D:D:D