Kenya Power prepaid meter.

Wa, you just described my house, you are either living alone ama watu wa-kwako wote ni @mukuna , hawaogi

4 Likes

Kwa nyumba ya baclelor fridge ni ya kuweka fombe na ugali ya juzi na blender ni ya kumake cocktails aka concoction ukitembelewa na wale masista wa dhaaa!:smiley:

3 Likes

Kuoga mimi na pipi ni twice a day. Kipii tu ndio kinalazimishwa kuoga jioni

at one time they will charge him, the postpaid meter at home one time pulled the same stunt, we enjoyed ‘free’ power for about 6months, siku moja tukaletewa bill ya 30k

1 Like

hapa umetudanganya, unless you run a drier in your house

Wa, that’s like my place kabisa only that bibi ndio huoga twice, mimi ni once per day and I spend 6-7 units daily, wacha nitaanza kuangalia nini inakula ingine kwa nyumba yangu

ai kwani ni lazima mtu aoge na maji moto? mimi hata kukinyesha siwes oga na maji moto.

hio ni post paid bwana…totally different…they even send estimates on that. Hii hawezi shikwa!

Mtu ameweka instant shower intends to use warm water

1 Like

Phweeks!

so unataka kusema kplc hawana system ya ku-monitor prepaid meters?? then kama ni hivo si tokens zingekuwa zianuazwa kama airtime bila kuhitahi meter number

Hiyo kichwa ya nini huwa na ile network nini. So if nani says that haiwezi kuniniwa basi atushow hiyo network kwa nini, ni ya nini?

wewe kakule alele yako polepole na zikikulipukia kaa hukoo

I have two water heating systems and a UPS/inverter system that requires charging, can’t complain about either of them because i can soak myself in a bathtub that has cold water, and the UPS/ inverter system can run the entire shebang for 8 hours when power goes down

Kuna kabedsitter niliishi back in 2013, when I moved in kalikua kanapiga kelele tokens zilikua zinaisha mpaka kakafika zero but stima haizimi, Caretaker used to remind me niweke tokens but mimi nikakubali baraka nikaishi 8 months bila kulipa stima.

Lipa standing charge brathe, consider it a blessing and live on.

3 Likes

they do have a system…but si any prepaid meter can stop being used for whatever reason…will they follow up on all these?

Kwani you’re operating a clandestine hemp greenhouse?

I had a faulty prepaid meter for about 21 months. Zero charge! I called KPLC daily for weeks to come fix it, nikachoka. We baked cakes with an electric oven, boiled cereals at wish, heating during cold July nights, incubators for a pet project I have etc. One day, 6am-ish, I heard one of those DMAX/HILUX pick-up trucks come to the gate; wakafunguliwa; 5 minutes later they left; thought it was a delivery being done. I didn’t know who they were. Kumbe ni KPLC! I went to shower, the lights went out. House manager akasema there is a beeping sound that just started kwa meter. Kuangalia, meter was fixed and reading 0.00. I have never been sadder! I had to pay standing charges for all those months though. It was ok because I had used almost 250k worth of free electricity. Compensates for some of the stupid things GoK did to me when I used to work for them.

Technical hitches are KPLC’s problem. They ought to fix them.

3 Likes

he he he shait! Mbillionaire under sieke.

Wacha niwangoje. They might turn up in 2020 and by then I will be long gone from my current residence.