Kenya Kwisha On Those Fake Fertilizer Manenos

https://twitter.com/georgediano/status/1773029384095490169?t=gz7AX-2CURPaoSHF-cnVDA&s=04&fbclid=IwAR1hJHIqZfPWZaOFxJ5jOkRNnrxo5Nw6owJTHFiA2OmmyN-uwwuj8-_93TI_aem_AWUWUrOmTAS_GVzFNmXpZQocqx1xcphMv7lKXPyB9dz26SoZaTgBHdaU-Lkp_rUXxlaqC9uyBGLnkjjzfG7FLnHj

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770346282135237005

Nilisema I won’t take a gamble with those fake fertilizers.

I’m sticking to good ol’ manure and my own feces to fertilize my produce.

Cheki maneno

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/amwogakhalwale/status/1773032307139469654?t=pc9VDSrtEy86tE7J0XlrgQ&s=04&fbclid=IwAR3BX0bYG0ZEJakwIev_A-4Ykqtgos6MtkXZnihhh985CctuP27w4hhVulU_aem_AWUPWFO73dJlxkhFcGgTEjG0Jk3C14EEf3ttKlKZd-PxwUvyug70o9miOofhz_deAioShzEE4ME63BLD_fgkDSAP

Govt Halts Distribution of Fertiliser by Kenyan Company Over Quality Concerns

The Kenyan government has ordered the suspension of the distribution of NPK 10:26:10 fertiliser stating that it does not meet the stipulated quality standards.

Additionally, in a letter dated March 20, the local company manufacturing the fertiliser was ordered to halt the process with immediate effect.

This was after a visit from the Ministry of Agriculture officials and other stakeholders revealed that the Kenyan company was not adhering to standards of operation.

“Following a spot visit by Ministry staff led by the Principal Secretary to Counties and National Cereals and Produce Board stores, it was established that the above fertilizer being distributed under subsidy programme may not be meeting the required standards as earlier indicated,” the letter from the Ministry of Agriculture read in part.

Bags of fertiliser stored at a National Cereals and Produce Board warehouse.

“Your institution is requested to suspend the distribution of this fertiliser with immediate effect from being issued to farmers.”

The local company was further instructed to carry out investigations on the specifications of the fertiliser.

According to the Ministry of Agriculture, the fertiliser would only be re-introduced to the market if the company convinced officials that it met all required specifications.

“In the event that the fertiliser is found not to be meeting specifications the supplier will be penalised and meet the full cost,” a warning was made.

Incidentally, the letter surfaced on Wednesday, March 27, a day after Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mithika Linturi (and Denis Itumbi had) remarked that there was no substandard fertiliser in the market. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Linturi had blamed the opposition for making the allegations, terming it as a way to sabotage the government.

The CS who was speaking in Kuresoi, Nakuru County had told farmers that subsidised fertiliser was scientifically tested and approved before circulation to farmers.

He then warned farmers benefiting from the program not to jump to conclusions based on hearsay.

Our country is sick.

Hiyo fertilizer ilikuwa intended kugrow affordable houses sio plants 😂

Au Si uchawi ni maombi amepewa fertilizer ya mawe… :grinning:

Na,Itumbi amesema apelekewe risiti… :joy:

@Electronics4u , send the dog again to where it belongs

Here he is showing the pain from the scandal… sympathy bana…:smiley:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1773228088731562177

Hehe, huyo ni @Billy_Drago with his subsidized fertiliser.

1 Like

This is quite a sensitive issue juu it deals with national food security. Any one found culpable should be charged with treason…last season kilinilamba juu ya fake Maize seeds from Kenya farmers association stores…

2 Likes

Shiny eye manenos. They are not happy with last year’s bumper harvest. A 2kg tin is now retailing @80-100/= which is a threat to their hoarded maize. They have resolved to compensate their loses using all crude approaches available.

This time kitawaramba. DCI hawalali.

https://twitter.com/AnuarSaddat/status/1776973605877817684?t=I6Q8RD6Vd8CeXm2OkMnmbw&s=04&fbclid=IwAR1kFzviVGp4cn_smdSe1pvYrLKN_DdjIl22Am5we_ISVTAiioNSse52Ch0_aem_AeHTECx6S0FBzuSWb1JecStbzoR0JnhuYebZmu3lR4hQ2D6D1ajDveOYAbzE_DBp_tkyD2fL4S0SQ96zA57_dGE6

https://twitter.com/Kenyans/status/1776972276233089174?t=0pHVsE07IVir1Y9LPN7N2w&s=04&fbclid=IwAR1nNM4hJ145ZSZiMMc6WMQnWlztKAhK6AqgfXYO4Tb8glZDjsm2hwzZSqk_aem_AbGPJK9eZftAt1AW4B_P6bxpgnB481oTeP_3VQVXGwivLAOC0yu9-wwls_hzlNPT4-w_H0dRtc-KT4415-mVtIMt

The Fake Fertilizer Kale Culprit’s story’s Fake?.. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Senators sniff sample fertilizers to assess their quality during Mithika Linturi’s grilling at the Senate

1 Like

KEBS Denies Testing Subsidised Product in Ongoing Fertiliser Scandal

Tensions escalated in the ongoing controversy surrounding the sale of supposedly fake fertiliser, as the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) refuted claims of involvement in testing the products distributed under President William Ruto’s subsidy programme.

Appearing before the Senate Standing Committee on the Distribution of Fake Fertiliser on Friday, April 19, KEBS CEO Esther Ngari asserted the bureau’s non-involvement, contradicting earlier statements from Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mithika Linturi.

“In the entire process of tendering and procurement of the fertiliser under the subsidy programme, KEBS was not involved at all,” Ngari stated emphatically.

The hearing comes in the wake of accusations by CS Linturi ten days ago, alleging KEBS’s responsibility for the circulation of substandard fertiliser in the market.

CS Mithika Linturi inspecting government fertiliser at an NCPB depot in Kilifi, April 17.

Linturi had told the Senate Agriculture Committee that the blame squarely fell on KEBS, though he differentiated between “fake” and “substandard” products. “If the percentage of nutrients does not meet the required levels, this does not mean the fertiliser is fake,” Linturi argued.

KEBS involvement, as described by Ngari, was limited to a request made on March 22 to verify the quality of fertiliser sold under the National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB), which suggests no prior engagement in the testing processes before this date.

The debate over fertiliser quality intensified as KEBS reported earlier this month that 5,840 bags of fake fertiliser had been impounded nationwide. This statement stands in stark contrast to the ongoing narrative provided by the Agriculture Ministry, with Linturi acknowledging issues with 3,000 bags, of which 516 have been reclaimed and are currently undergoing testing by the Kenya Revenue Authority.

In a dramatic turn of events, the scandal has already resulted in the suspension of eight KEBS officials. These individuals were interdicted due to their alleged involvement in the issuance of certification and quality marks to two companies linked to the sub-standard fertiliser.

President Ruto’s administration remains steadfast in its commitment to distributing 12.5 million bags of subsidised fertiliser to farmers across the country, particularly with the long rainy season approaching.

In August last year, Ruto announced a Ksh12 billion investment in fertiliser subsidies, aimed at eliminating the middlemen or “cartels” previously implicated in the distribution chain. “We have fully done away with fertiliser brokers in order to fully be aware of who is receiving them and in what quantity," Ruto stated, highlighting the government’s efforts to ensure transparency and efficiency.

According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, approximately 3.5 million 50 kg bags of subsidised fertiliser have been distributed in 41 of the country’s 47 counties since the inception of the National Fertiliser Subsidy Programme (NFSP) through to July 30, 2023.

Amid these revelations, some lawmakers are intensifying their scrutiny and calling for further accountability, particularly targeting CS Mithika Linturi.

Ecactly what we expected… :slightly_smiling_face:

https://twitter.com/AlyceNene/status/1781633014428311815

Businessman Patel Reveals how Head of public service Felix Kiskei, CS Mithika Linturi, and Kebs head Esther Wangare Masterminded the Fertilizer Saga New twist as businessman implicates top government officials, says Sh1.1 billion was defrauded in fertilizer scam New details emerged in the ongoing probe into the fake fertilizer scam probe when an official involved in the supply of the product named Head of Public Service Felix Kiskei and CS Mithika Linturi He also implicated Kebs head Esther Wangare and the National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB). Appearing before the National Assembly’s Agriculture Committee, Kel Chemicals Chief Operating Officer (COO) Devesh Patel talked of a high-stakes meeting he allegedly attended by the senior public servants, moments before his unprecedented arrest, alleging that he was arrested and detained at a police station after the meeting ended prematurely. The meeting was meant to force him to supply fertilizer worth Sh300 million. Patel told the MPs he finally imported the fertilizer and supplied the same to NCPB without documents. He said he was paid his Sh300 million but NCPB was later billed with Sh1.4 billion which they paid to unknown people. “I later learned the money was paid so I took my expenses of Sh300 million but I do not know who took the balance,” he told the committee. The MPs were shocked the scam was hatched by top government officials. Journalists were later asked to leave for the businessman to talk in camera. He said he was taken to a meeting to meet top KeBS, ministry of agriculture and State House officials who forced him to do the business. “While giving my statement, one official at KeBS kept interrupting me saying that I am making substandard fertilizer. The official threatened they will close our factories and told another official at State House to punish us," he said. “Thereafter, the State House official did not finish listening to me and instead asked some police to arrest me together with Collins Ng’etich and take me to the DCI headquarters in along Kiambu Road.” “I was arrested without being informed of the reasons for my arrest, no representation from counsel and I wrote my statement while under duress. I was later released on a Sh100,000 police bond”. Patel said that he was coerced into writing a letter admitting that they had produced and distributed fake fertilizer while in police detention. “I was forced to write a letter indicating that I had recalled the batches of fertilizer,” he said. The damning allegations from Patel come barely a week after Kel Chemical’s factory was inspected and later closed by Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mithika Linturi over alleged involvement in the fake fertilizer scandal. The MPs plan to ask President William Ruto to personally take action on some of his officials who were involved in the scam. Police are also investigating the scam. Some of the officials have revealed there is interference in the probe. They say some officials want some directors to be charged over the issue even if they were not involved in the saga.

Rachel ruto should pray and turn that fake fertiliser into real one.

1 Like

Hehehehe!