JUJU?

Hi folks,
Today i was on some official visits to a Muhindi residence in Westlands. I was met with this thing at the door, is it simply a decor? au ni juju?[ATTACH=full]202752[/ATTACH]

firifiri huwa inakaushwa kwa mlango ndio ikauke haraka na wageni wajue nyumba ni moto hakuna haja ya at I fire alarm.

@ranjeet

Indians believe hanging chillis,lemon and mango leaves brings good luck and keeps off evil

ohh, really? thanks, i didnt know

There are two reasons for this :- One is Mythological and another is Scientifical. Mythologically, It is believed that godess of misfortune, Alakshmi brings bad luck to the shop owner’s or the buisness men. In order to not allowing her to enter the shops or buisness places either, they hang these seven chillies along with the lemon at their entrances. According to Indian Mythology, Alakshmi likes Sour, Pungent and Hot things. That’s why, Alakshmi will only come up at the door ,eating up her favourite food and satisfying her taste and leave without entering the spots. But Scientifically, the cotton thread which is used to tie the chillies and lemon, absorbs the acid from the fruit while it is fresh. This keeps the pests and insects away from the shops,houses and buisness places.This is an effortless insecticide which came in to custom from ancient times, which misleads now as explained above as a mythological reason.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-significance-in-India-of-hanging-lemon-and-chili-tied-to-a-thread-outside-of-ones-house

I have seen it in many mhindi homes and businesses I always thought they also have their own superstitions.

I am sure the word you wanted to use was ‘superstitions’?

Any way, how are you today madam?

Am good guok, auto correct is a biatch.