Jamaa wa Jamii Forum wameondoka kimya kimya!

It helps if you read their posts with a Mombasa accent in your head.

It is the difficult words that need a kamusi that bother me. Just when I am about to shikanisha what they are talking about napotea kabisa when I see some words.

Yea TZ-Zanzibar swa has diverged abit from Kenyan swa. Your Kenyan kamusi won’t help.
Yetu ni Swahili Sanifu, yao ni Swahili Kibongo.

Yep. I did not know what hedhi means…and I love languages so had to go on google.

Worry out…for the time being we are here…I will be your teacher

You have illusions of being Tanzanian na wewe ni herdsman hapa tu past Isiolo?

so do we…mnatupa headache na kiswahili yenu ya githuri na nyeri

You are lucky you have not heard my Mum and her friends…:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i can imagine a hit single that would be if i put beats over her words :D:D

I cover my ears with my hands as they murder lugha ya taifa getting the tenses wrong, shrubbing R and L, inserting Kyuk words when they can’t think of a swahili one…but I am not laughing as I am no better. Na ulijulia wapi our staple dish yetu githeri?

may be my mind is playing tricks on me but i find it romantic the way kenyans (females only) assassinate lugha ya taifa:D:D:cool::cool:

I get you. Hehehehehehehe…I can teach you guys our sheng if you like. Githeri ulijulia wapi?

i know some guys who can not stop talking about it…whatever they found must be great…teach me some of that sheng so siku nikija kenya nakuwa mwenyeji

Githeri is great. It is simple maize and beans. You can then add whatever else you like as a side dish. What is your staple dish other than wali na mahamri?

nan kakwambia hatujui English we mkamba,?

your description of githeri sounds like what we call “makande” here in tz
apart from wali na mahamri i personally like cooked banana mixed with beans and fish(am allergic to meat),in uganda they call it matoke
i can eat it all day everyday

exactly this is how strong we are

I/family like matoke but it had better be mashed up with a beef stew on the side. The taste is heavenly. I hope your girls here will give me tips on how to make proper wali, is it pilau?

pilau is kinda special,usually reserved for special occassions like holidays,ceremonies etc
a simple wali will do it