It Happened Today...

five hundred and one years ago. A young monk attended the morning mass and came out not impressed with the day’s summon.He went home ,came and pinned on the church door a thesis (he must have been working on it for quite sometime) on why the priest and the church was on the wrong path then went home. With that simple act ,the Pandora’s box was opened, the horse bolted and the whole town came alive discussing his ideas.
The young man; Martin Luther( not MLK Jr, this one is of Reformation fame), the sermonette that angered him was bases on buying penance from the church. See, the Pope Leo wanted to renovate St Peter’s basilica, though a rich man himself, he didn’t want to use his own dime, while there were peasants he could fleece,so he sold indulgences to finance it,the works he pinned are known as the 95 theses and the reformation movement he founded gave rise to Protestant churches ,the doctrine of separation of church and state and an end to the practice of buying forgiveness through indulgences. An end to the dark age of the church.
We have gone full circle again, charlatans are back stealing in the name of the Lord. Will you be our Martin Luther?

five hundred and one years ago. A young monk attended the morning mass and came out not impressed with the day’s summon.He went home ,came and pinned on the church door a thesis (he must have been working on it for quite sometime) on why the priest and the church was on the wrong path then went home. With that simple act ,the Pandora’s box was opened, the horse bolted and the whole town came alive discussing his ideas.
The young man; Martin Luther( not MLK Jr, this one is of Reformation fame), the sermonette that angered him was bases on buying penance from the church. See, the Pope Leo wanted to renovate St Peter’s basilica, though a rich man himself, he didn’t want to use his own dime, while there were peasants he could fleece,so he sold indulgences to finance it,the works he pinned are known as the 95 theses and the reformation movement he founded gave rise to Protestant churches ,the doctrine of separation of church and state and an end to the practice of buying forgiveness through indulgences. An end to the dark age of the church.
We have gone full circle again, charlatans are back stealing in the name of the Lord. Will you be our Martin Luther?

I agree, giving should be strictly voluntary. Christ himself didn’t ask for anything while he was amongst us.

That said the spirit of division among Protestants follows them up to now. They have split to millions of different church’s but Catholic still remains as one. I don’t like Catholic much but their structures work. You have to study Theology for a while to qualify to preach. This overnight apostles get to me.

hii mambo ni ya wahayahudi. na haitusaidii.

That last question? Why are asking it?

@spear read 2 Corinthians 9:7

Because religion is broken and the masses are non the wiser

You already come to a conclusion that religion is broken…why you asking another to fix it?

what would you rather have us discuss? A Discourse on the Method?

sadly,I don’t have the fight in me.

Oh,the @Useless Spectator card. Well played…niga. Well played.

Yep,this one am sitting out,just hoping for a front row seat.

God made man and man made religion and religion made man mad. I drop the mic and walk away

Luther revolted in discovery of precious gems of truth in which through the dark ages the Church had trodden under foot. Well, auction of indulgences was one of the brutal doctrine in which men traded their souls to dark powers of Rome. The powers of Rome are consolidating, soon the world under order will bow to his majesties. Truly, the world is in need of such men. Unfortunately, those who have pastured in the green field have fouling the fodder and waters.