Is this the real USA?

The problem is that we have some of them in this site with those wishes that they will never achieve…Sad!

my sister, protests are not church processions…as a Christian am sure you are aware of the protestant reformation protests of the 15th and 16th centuries which gave you the religion you follow now…they weren’t peaceful…they were violent and bloody.
The 'I have a dream speech" during the Washington March was also not peaceful…but you now enjoy a lot more rights as a black lady due to the gallant protesters who took to the streets that week…due to them you are now feeling more white than whites themselves.
The protests leading to the Russian revolutions were not peaceful.
The storming of the Bastille was not peaceful
Freedom road protests in the 60s were not peaceful
Tiananmen square, tahir square and even the orange revolution protests and our very own sabasaba were not peaceful…all significant to a changed mordern world that you are enjoying now…use whichever language that those in power understand to force change

Save your energies for other worthwhile engagements…
[ATTACH=full]305959[/ATTACH]
If you watched the movie!

As protests sparked by George Floyd’s death entered their chaotic fifth day, social media filled with images and video of police officers using batons, tear gas and rubber bullets to quell crowds⁠—but some squads joined in with Saturday protesters to express their stance against police brutality, and to show solidarity with the anti-racism movement.
https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/1216403564/960x0.jpg?fit=scale
Police officers kneel during a rally in Coral Gables, Florida, on Saturday in response to the death … [+]
PHOTO BY EVA MARIE UZCATEGUI/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

[SIZE=6]KEY FACTS[/SIZE]
“We want to be with y’all, for real. I took my helmet off, laid the batons down. I want to make this a parade, not a protest,” Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson was seen telling protesters in Flint, Michigan, before he joined the assembled crowd to march, eliciting cheers.
Officers in Camden, New Jersey, helped carry a banner reading “Standing in Solidarity,” and seemed to join in with the crowd chanting “no justice, no peace.”
In Santa Cruz, California, Police Chief Andy Mills took a knee with protesters in the pose made famous by Colin Kaepernick, with the department tweeting it was “in memory of George Floyd & bringing attention to police violence against Black people.”
Two Kansas City, Missouri, police officers⁠—one white man, one black man⁠—were photographed holding aloft a sign reading “end police brutality.”

Katambe kutamba

Those protests you’ve mentioned were peaceful until the powers that be exercised violent counter-measures. If you can recall, MLK was all about turning the other cheek, non-violence. Those civil rights leaders were polished and very, very respectful. They wore suits and were dignified people. Have you seen the thugs running around with pants upto their knees? Cursing people out, looting alcohol. I think they are so selfish to hijack the late Floyd’s outpouring of sympathy for their own gains.

Lest we forget, we’re in the middle of a a pandemic but I’m yet to hear talking heads on CNN comment about the lack of social distancing during these riots. It’s like we woke up one day and all over sudden lockdowns were lifted. What happened to all those sanctimonious decrees?? I can’t go to church or eat at a restaurant but mass protests are okay? Got it.

[ATTACH=full]305967[/ATTACH]

Upuzi. Kaa ni mimi siezi kneel mahali ninadeal na rowdy maafakaz. Kneel? Eish

Ilibidi juu they had seen what happened to their colleagues in other states. :smiley:

:D:D Afadhali hata nikimbie nikajifiche. Mongoz comin at ya halafu unakneel? Ah zi. Not me.

Hehehe perfect move, better maombi kuliko kufukuzana na fimbo, in a couple of weeks time all this will be forgotten, and the cops will go back to normal business

Hehehe nywele ngumu tunapenda maombi, you kneel sing a hyme and you are good.

But its a very good thing that the whites have joined in on the protests. Its the only way the battle can be won. And it seems people are willing to listen and talk about it now. Laws alone cannot fix the issue.
These older generation white people are the lone stiffling factor to moving from racism.

Our @Purple seems to have many friends in that group who have influenced and clouded her thinking to the extent that she identifies with them.
Like someone mentioned she needs to wait for that moment she will have the talk with her kids.

US inabeat and its a fact. Hata vita ya 5G washalemewa.

We (Africans) should not tell black Americans how to show their rage. Yes, we are black and we face the same racism against our skin but there is a history and context that MANY African immigrants fail to understand. This is an uprising, it’s a movement. Respectability will not save us.

Why bother explaining it to some who will never understand. [ATTACH=full]305988[/ATTACH]

Geez. Cant wait for the season. Life sucks without sports. This time half the stadium will kneel.