I wanted to join the FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION............

@Jazzman @kiLo- @lilrogers @pamba @Kirwa @bjurmann @mayekeke …2014 was a very tough year for me, I don’t know if i was mid life crisis come early or what. I was a bored to hell my job was fucking sucking and my relationships were shitty to say the least. That i needed to do something about it was a foregone conclusion. Ever reached a point where you look into the mirror and you don’t recognize what is staring back at you? yeah I was there nothing had a meaning my esteem was at rock bottom my confidence was long gone and had started questioning my purpose in life. I searched long and hard for answers, even calling my pops dead in the night “just to talk” . I drafted a resignation later( I know you are judging me) and carried it my pocket for two weeks while deciding on my next course of action. Back then I didn’t have much responsibilities and i looked at all my alternatives . With my savings totaling to ksh 570k i needed a fresh start i weighed them:-

1. Go back to college maybe get a degree or something! but if i went this route it presented a lot of problems
  • the money was only going to carter for tuition 2 years tops what about other overheads like rent,food,transport etc.
  • what kind of degree its marketability,relevance and duration etc
  1. Grab my passport and just GTFOH but to where ??? Hollywood makes it look simple but trust me its harder than they make it look I have been there ati disappearing without a trace ! ati just waking up a driving to nowhere, just leaving everything behind good luck with that one. I thought of the pain I would cause my grandma even sending her to an early grave.
  2. Join a foreign army :- It was what seemed the only favorable outcome of this situation so I researched long and hard the top two US and British had tough conditions mra sijui Green card holder/ resident for six months in the country mara you have to have a fat bank account mara you carter for your expenses during initial training in case you made it bullshit! I even looked into going KBR way visiting shell house just adjacent to times tower for interviews and shit but realized that those security contracts pay well but agents in an air conditioned office in Nairobi milk you dry and get paid more than your sorry arse in dusty and sun hot Afghanistan! I even reached out to @mayekeke. Then i landed on the FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION! ladies and gentlemen now this is the SHIIIT(insert katt williams voice here) For those who do not know the FFL is a perfect disappearing act, Its a complete package just apply for a french visa,buy a one way plane ticket and show up at their recruiting offices! questions are not asked, back then it didnt matter if you had a valid visa kwa wale smuggled in etc you can even serve under an assumed identity ! serve for five years get a french citizenship and live a quiet life in Europe what more can one ask? From my savings this was the only feasible plan and so I tendered in my resignation.

My immediate boss was surprised seeing as i was disciplined and seemed fine would allover decide to quit he called for “wazee wa kwetu” yaani senior serving personnel from my community “to talk to me” he granted me my annual leave plus 14days to go think. I dont know what transpired between that time but somehow I never got to go through with it! I still harbor the dream of visiting PARRY one day…
whats the point of my long rant ? I don’t know you figure it out! Nice weekend ya’ll
[ATTACH=full]100860[/ATTACH]

28 Likes

Eheeeeeh endelea…

1 Like

Ebu endelea. Unataka kusare KDF . maybe with your quality training unaeza Join a ,PMC pale UAE ukapigane Yemen…hehehe good rant tho.

1 Like

So you did not resign? There is the problem right there! You are stuck in a comfort zone but is afraid to venture into the unknown.
You are not a risk taker. Or are you?

2 Likes

Yep, I know the feeling. Bored and exhausted from treading water. Making small changes and taking little victories wherever I can get them.

1 Like

what triggered all that, do u still go thru that?

1 Like

got few years remaining on my contract

still crafting a plan before making the plunge

routine is a bitch still trying to wrap my head around how people work 35yrs in the civil service!

5 Likes

All the best. The good thing about Life is that ther is no formula. Stay winning.

1 Like

The purpose of your rant is…
YOU ARE DRUNK. WACHANA NA KAROVO YA KITUI PRISS NA UENDE UKALALE

1 Like

niko sober since saturday last week

1 Like

Btw uko area? Na ni mzinga gani poa ya max 1k huko nikutafute kesho

1 Like

tutaongea

1 Like

Poa boss

1 Like

Find a new hobby ama utafute bibi

True, this is why I can’t do a 8am-5pm job. The mental anguish will kill me of doing the same routine the whole year for years. Some days I just leave my biz to go to a random place just to chill and relax reading a book.

3 Likes

It used to happen to me. I started gazing at a blank desk. Is this all I am going to do. Chase a corporate dream. Get a reliable paycheck after paycheck. What about what I really wanted to do all my life since I was young. Depressing I must say. Circumstances then changed everything. I say I am now on the 2nd journey.

4 Likes

FFL… here I come…

1 Like

I took a plunge into the unknown back in July 2016…and dude what a rollercoaster ride it has been and hell of fun! No regrets.

4 Likes