I just need a job...

Good to share your experience at job hunting failure…I think the most important thing is creating the connections (network) with your current skills and education…ever tried volunteering where you could employ what you have?

1 Like

Sure…i can attest to that:D

3 Likes

Yeah. …I volunteered teaching…till I could volunteer no more when I found myself teaching 4 subjects, I.e all sciences including maths…na silipwi any in the same school.

Sir/madam,
Tribalism is rife but it’s encouragement, acknowledgement and recognition is one of the hinderances to its elimination. Confirming that you are an employer, assuming that you come accross more than I experienced yesterday, it would only make sense to tell the guy that one of the hinderances he might encounter is tribalism and that it’s not a factor and advice accordingly. Otherwise, you are no better dear…

BSc, right? Be specific. Instead of looking for a job. Look for a, say, web development job in PHP. It’ll make your search a bit easier. You’ll have an idea where to start. But it seems like you already have a job. You just don’t like it or care too much what others think. All the best though.

2 Likes

Hehe @aviator. No wonder I didn’t land a single interview last year. Most employers have your mentality. Plus the job am currently in, the boss almost did not employ me since I do not come from the Tribe he was looking for. This is Kenya

3 Likes

@semi arid Bsc General or which specialty?

Very good. You’ve acknowledged what I have been stating all along.

Now read the rest of my first reply to this thread, and tell me if you see something helpful to the guy.

See I stated a fact when I said tribe matters? And some people here want to deny it.

Well said. …I have a feeling she was just seeking a podium to blow her horn to the village that she’s an employer.

@aviator, we really need jobs from employers like you…but what can we do to fit in your rugged or decayed tribalistic and demeaning mentalities to fit your egos even if we might be sleeping hungry? Worship you? No…we leave it up to God…

1 Like

@semi arid check your inbox its a start

Not general… zoology / botany

1 Like

What we’re saying is that it’s sad coming from an employer. I think Kenya we are beyond redemption. A certain luo guy in my hood changed his 2nd name to Kamau. Ever since he did that, he’s been getting jobs.

3 Likes

You are a pessimist, that is why you have low self esteem.Awaken the giant within you!!

1 Like

You do realize that this is stereotyping. I have studied a bit of sociology and this kind of stereotyping is actually counterproductive. I have been an employer for a couple of years over a wide range of businesses and surprisingly the best employees per job/role haven’t been from those stereotypes. At one time, I left the country for five years and my manager was quite loyal and helped move one of my businesses to an unprecedented level and in return, I gave him a stake in the company. And he wasn’t from the loyal stereotypes.

3 Likes

Jamaa kuna kiburi uko nayo, ukiwa chini mtu ni kunyeyekea

2 Likes

Tribalism is there ,look at embasavva or kaka travellers hata tuskys.hata kama ni mbaya it is happening even in these corporates.saddness of life is a guy is picked deep from shags straight to office work yet the fellow cannot even locate,enter key on the keyboard.but thats life,you deal with it,your sunrise will come sooner or later.I remember struggling with one years back,mpaka I had to teach how to operate a voip and restart a pc.

3 Likes

Your bitterness (and ill-will) towards those doing well will consume you to death.

First, work on your attitude. And learn to appreciate the truth/reality, however depressing it may be. That way, you won’t commit suicide when you miss a job just because you’re from the “wrong” tribe.

Wakîremwo nîúguo-rî, ndúgîthií úkîúmaga.

1 Like

call it pessimistic. …but I call it being realistic. it has ever happened to me before. …three consecutive seasons.

Thank you @sperminator