HYBRID CARS.

Hello Elders,
For you who have some knowledge regarding the subject kindly share your detailed insight. Planning to get a Honda Fit Hybrid, but honestly my experience with Hybrid cars is zero.

Read today’s article regarding hybrids in the Daily Nation. It’s an eye opener.

Do you plan to use it daily for town driving ama kwa highway?

Let’s say for Town since ni ya kuenda job(30kms Daily) & once after every 3months naenda nayo ushago.

Hybrid

Let no one scare u with sijui battery yake ikikufa it’s worth another car. I drive one, 3yrs now (although this yr sijaitumia sana) no issues with the hybrid system. Na kwa zile nimeskia zimepata shida it’s only the cooling fan that fails and replacement costs around 20k. If u can get the new shape GK5 model it’s way more better than all Toyotas of it’s category. Try to source for the fully equipped , seat warmers, cruise control, heated side mirror/windscreen, original radio with Bluetooth and USB. Utakapenda I promise you.

1 Like

Those cars are complicated. Huwezi peleka pale Grogon kwa akina Onyi to work on them. They need someone who know that kind of a system. Also battery ikichapa…you’ll spend more money than the money you tried to save on fuel

Ushago ni how far from Nai?

600kms to & fro

And people here are saying they are ready for EVs while on the same breath scared of hybrids?

I own a Honda Insight, this is my 4th year and already i have done 80,000km driving it. My average town consumption is 19.8km/l on a 100km journey to work and 23km/l on the highway when going to shags Siaya from Nairobi which i do every 2 months. I do engine oil and filter replacements after 15,000 km, gear oil replacement after 50,000km. I have never replaced the spark plugs and brake pads, the car brake are still sharp and acceleration is very fast. The Hybrid battery is made up of lithium-ion cells with a life cycle that can outlive 10 years, so it is one of the few worries for a hybrid car. The car is a gem, i am not planning to sell it soon as it is very reliable and affordable. Karibu Honda family, car that never dies.

2 Likes

Thanks @Spaxs

Can you recommend a good mechanic for honda hybrid cars in Nairobi?

There is a specialized Honda mechanic in Roysambu by the name of Doc Isaac.

1 Like

Hi phone number and name of the garage

[quote=“Justus2, post:15, topic:265161”]
…e cycle that can outlive 10 years, so it is one of the few worries for a hybrid car. The car is a gem, i am not planning to sell it soon as it is very reliable and affordable. Karibu Honda family, car that never dies.
Can you recommend a good mechanic for honda hybrid cars in Nairobi?
There is a specialized Honda mechanic in Roysambu by the name of Doc Isaac.

Hi phone number and name of the garage
[/quote] Isaac Dohc Auto 0708817551

1 Like

Thank you