How the guard rails that killed Nyeri governor should have saved his life

They should have folded like in the video below and slowed down his vehicle rather than slice it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd-Zqzd_mlg

160km/h na umelala ni mungu tu

These rails were designed to fold up like cheese and reduce your speed. It is possible that there was an error in the installation, or in the installed product; causing the protective head to sheer off on impact and expose the governor’s vehicle to the sharp edges of the guard rail.

I wish the Kenyan highway authority had taken the accident as a learning and improvement opportunity

I suspect foul play in that Governors death. Professional eye witness alienda wapi?

They should go to Sweden for training. That is where Car & Road safety begins. Volvo & SAAB are the world standard when it comes to benchmarking car saftety. None other comes close not even the German machines although SAAB Motors is now defunct

I was going to say Tesla has the safest cars but decided to google it first. I can’t find Volvos or SAABs on any 2021 list. I think unafikiria ratings za 90s.

How many Tesla crashes have been documented? Vs How many Volvo crashes have been documented. The safest cars are VOLVOs they even [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]invented Dozens Features that you see today in many other cars. Here are just a few that have VOLVO patents

[ul]
[li]1944 – safety cage[/li][li]1944 – laminated windscreen[/li][li]1957 – anchor points for two-point safety belts, front[/li][li]1958 – anchor points for two-point safety belts, rear[/li][li]1959 –standard front seat three-point safety belt[/li][li]1964 –first prototype rearward-facing child safety seat tested[/li][li]1966 –front and rear crumple zones[/li][li]1966 – safety door locks[/li][li]1969 – inertia-reel safety belts[/li][li]1971 – reminder safety belt[/li][li]1972 – three-point safety belt for outer rear seats[/li][li]1972 – rearward-facing child safety seat[/li][li]1974 – multistage impact absorbing steering column[/li][li]1978 – child safety booster cushion[/li][li]1982 – “anti-submarining” crash protection[/li][li]1986 – three-point safety belt in centre rear seat (740/760)[/li][li]1990 – integrated child safety cushion in centre rear seat (940/960)[/li][li]1991 – Side Impact Protection System (850 and 940/960)[/li][li]1991 – automatic height adjusting safety belt[/li][li]1995 – front side airbags (seat-mounted) for torso (850), integrated child safety cushion, outer rear seats[/li][li]1997 – Roll Over Protection System (C70)[/li][li]1998 – Whiplash Protection System (S80)[/li][li]1998 – roof-mounted inflatable curtain side airbags (S80)[/li][li]2002 – Roll Stability Control (XC90)[/li][li]2003 – Volvo Intelligent Vehicle Architecture, new front structure (S40, V50)[/li][li]2003 – rear seat belt reminders (S40, V50)[/li][li]2003 – Intelligent Driver Information System, a system that selectively blocks information to the driver in complex traffic situations and lets the information through once the situation has calmed down (S40, V50)[/li][li]2004 – Blind Spot Information System, informs the driver of vehicles in the blind spots, using a yellow LED in the A-pillars (S40, V50)[/li][li]2005 – door-mounted inflatable curtain airbags (C70)[/li][li]2006 – Personal Car Communicator (S80)[/li][li]2006 – Collision Warning Brake Support, a system that warns the driver and gives brake[/li][/ul]

Yes, but 2006 is 15 years ago.
Wapi list ya the safest cars in 2021?
I googled it. Sioni Volvo anywhere.
Nitashukuru if you can post one list that has Volvo. Thanks.

Nimepata list moja at least.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/safest-cars-2020-iihs-crash-test-award/

Those 2006 inventions are still in use in 2021 Volvos.

Let’s end the stalemate. What makes your favorite Tesla safe was Invented by Volvo.

Tesla uses most of these.
[ul]
[li]1944 – safety cage[/li][li]1944 – laminated windscreen[/li][li]1957 – anchor points for two-point safety belts, front[/li][li]1958 – anchor points for two-point safety belts, rear[/li][li]1959 –standard front seat three-point safety belt[/li][li]1964 –first prototype rearward-facing child safety seat tested[/li][li]1966 –front and rear crumple zones[/li][li]1966 – safety door locks[/li][li]1969 – inertia-reel safety belts[/li][li]1971 – reminder safety belt[/li][li]1972 – three-point safety belt for outer rear seats[/li][li]1982 – “anti-submarining” crash protection[/li][li]1986 – three-point safety belt in centre rear seat (740/760)[/li][li]1991 – Side Impact Protection System (850 and 940/960)[/li][li]1991 – automatic height adjusting safety belt[/li][li]1995 – front side airbags (seat-mounted) for torso (850), integrated child safety cushion, outer rear seats[/li][li]1997 – Roll Over Protection System (C70)[/li][li]1998 – Whiplash Protection System (S80)[/li][li]1998 – roof-mounted inflatable curtain side airbags (S80)[/li][li]2002 – Roll Stability Control (XC90)[/li][li]2003 – rear seat belt reminders (S40, V50)[/li][li]2003 – Intelligent Driver Information System, a system that selectively blocks information to the driver in complex traffic situations and lets the information through once the situation has calmed down (S40, V50)[/li][li]2004 – Blind Spot Information System, informs the driver of vehicles in the blind spots, using a yellow LED in the A-pillars (S40, V50)[/li][li]2005 – door-mounted inflatable curtain airbags (C70)[/li][/ul]

Hangekufa hata ingekua head on na rails,gari ingefly ka kuku on that ramp…
[ATTACH=full]352491[/ATTACH]

But bonobos and their half arsed job will kill you for sure.
These suckers are like a knife through your car…
[ATTACH=full]352492[/ATTACH]

These are guard rails with proper end terminals for minimal injuries…

[ATTACH=full]352493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]352494[/ATTACH]

True hapo kulikuwa na foul play

I agree with you…his driver had worked for him for less than 3weeks.

When death comes, it can use anything to complete the mission, even your handkerchief and pple will be left investigating why you carried a handkerchief na hukuwa na homa

:D:D:D:D:D:D

uko na jokes sana

Me too. All central politicians that seemed to challenge Uhuru have either been destroyed politically or died mysteriously from 2012

that was a well planned hit

Goddamn fookin right

In Kenya? What is that?