How can my nephew secure a job in UAE?

Hi all, I need your advice. I have a nephew that wants to go to work in the UAE via an agent. The agent is charging him 200K which covers visa, plane ticket and accomodation for one month while in training. On top of that he needs another KSH 10K to sort himself for food and other necessities and another KSH 10K to pay the agent in Dubai so that his job is secured and he will be taken straight to training instead of going through the interview process.
The agent claims he has taken people since 2016 and non have complained. He only deals with UAE and Qatar. My nephew has 100K and I’m willing to spot him the other 130K if its real, but I want your insight on this matter.

Should we trust this agent and pay him or is it a scam?
Those who have worked or are working in Dubai, what are other alternatives?

Background on nephew:
He a degree in BCom Finance and he’s tired of Kenya and wants to try greener pastures in Gulf as a data entry clerk or any job that’s available. He’s been looking for a job in Kenya since 2020 and no luck and his business is barely sustaining him. He is tired of Kenya and does not want to start another business.

1 Like

We know your nephew is you, but why would you pay an agent 200k for unsecured job and what jobs do they offer with that commission. security,cleaner,sales…

4 Likes

He was told 200K for data entry that pays 100K to 120K a month. Plus he was not even shown an offer letter which is why I’m a bit skeptical. Based on my experience I have worked in Qatar from 1998 to 2009 and UAE from 2011-2015 as a software engineer(C++ and C#) and back then we were recruited straight from UoN did not have to pay agents. When people started going there for work in the masses back in 2005 the atmosphere changed and Indians took over the majority of office jobs.

GOT’em

1 Like

You guys are not mature.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Start by checking if agent is duly registered at labour ministry. You can then google them to see if Kuna negative feedback somewhere Kwa mtandao. Also I know right now jobs are scarce in Dubai, so try link up with someone there akupe 411 ya huko. Good luck

3 Likes

apply directly in the UAE

https://www.bayt.com/en/uae/jobs/

1 Like

That data entry job is Chinese scam…that one you don’t need an agent.
Aingie ndege tu akifika huko ataulizia hizo Chinese jobs from other Kenyans.

1 Like

Is c++ and c# still used or you are the last of your kind?

1 Like

It is still widely used today and popular among US organizations on Turing if you want to work remotely and also US government platforms are built on C#. I developed apps using it from 2003-2009 and C++ from 1994-2001 and 2010-2015. The only thing is you wont see a junior dev job for C# or C++ being advertised like react or python. Back then in the mid-90s they trained us on the job for one month and everyone was given a project to complete within 6 months. If you failed the company kicked you out if you completed the project you stayed on. Nowadays I laugh at new devs complaining that coding is hard and they have google and YouTube to teach themselves. In the 90s we stayed up all night in a single room 6 guys practicing using The C++ Programming Language.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll forward this to him.

I don’t know about your time but siku izi the more skills you have the less the commission…and if you are really skilled the company will do everything for you and send you the ticket na waku pick airport ukiland…story ya 200k apana watchie na cleaners na general workers wanalipa 100-150k max

Ulilipa ngapi ndio upate hiyo job yako ya watchie?

Jua tu watchie uku anaishi maisha fiti kushinda most of the Kenyan working class lakini we una afford rent ya mapoko najua hauna stress

4 Likes

Finish, Kanyanga Kichwa!

2 Likes

Do you remember the slogan Aerial washing powder used? “Kwa mwosho mmoja tuu”. That is what will happen to your money.

1 Like

Keino wa Kenol niaje

1 Like

Kashoga kazee unapenda violence Sana

Kama angekua niece. Angenipatia mkia ni patie connections