Hii SGR trains tumeletewa ni electric ama ni zile za moshi??

Hehehe lakini unaweza chukua slices zako ukiishia but utumie kuondole

1 Like

its everyone who is straight kind of chic…nani naesa kataa kunyonya hii…

1 Like

He…He …Thread derailed. That’s a beautiful lady.

Theriously I wouldn’t mind to Baba Abby her.

Kwanza iyo dental formula iko on point sana.the 1st time you see her killer smile you wont help it but want to dry fry her over and over again.

1 Like

:D:D:D

[SIZE=4]SGR[/SIZE], the topic that refuses to go away…

hii ni thread ya technology bana,tusipelekwe na emotions, its just a clean question…and bydaway kama SGR imekuwa discussed kwengine sijui cz me i only read posts from Technology ktalk, huko kwingine sijui watu wanaongea nini.

I’m no railways expert. Gauge refers to the distance between the rails. The colonial rail is referred to as Metre Gauge Railway (MGR) because the rails are one metre apart. In the case of SGR=Standard Gauge Railway, it is about 1.465m apart. Standard gauge is the sweet spot that balances the cost and efficiency of the railway. A quick Google search will reveal some countries have railways with gauges as high as 5 metres.

Back to your Diesel locomotives versus electric locomotives question. Any kind of propulsion can be used on the SGR. In France, they still use diesel propelled locomotives which use the same railway lines that have overheard power lines. Such locomotives haul mining stuff/ raw earth materials.

In summary, when Kenya gets enough electric power, the locomotives on the SGR can be propelled by electricity(we will have to buy the ones that use electricity or if we are crazy enough, try to modify the current ones), what i don’t know is if the design speed of the railway can accommodate higher speeds especially at horizontal curves. Railways, just like roads have speed design requirements on bends.

2 Likes