Hello, beginning a conv. on phone

https://z-1-scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12495164_10154081638840579_5178405212566035797_n.jpg?oh=766e13d0ac00a292f2f5c13a77e42dc8&oe=573BB5AC

6 Likes

Im pretty sure this is wrong…bell’s assistant answered the phone and im almost certain it was a dude. no way he would have been referring to his “girlfriend”

1 Like

hiyo urongo yako peleka huko ---------------------------------------------------->

2 Likes

Is vipi
Is vepeee

Inadepend…
Kama ni mwoman I answer hey baby/ buriful/mrembo

Kama ni mafox/boy zangu akina Sanchez I answer vipi mzito/sema bigwig

Unknown/hidden No. I answer nani uyu/burukenge gani naongea nayo

Official/watu wa heshima Hello.

Magariagaria kama uwes / wakanyama I answer…Chokosh/mungiki hope unapiga kunishow kitu ya maana

Wacha kutudharau:
Thomas Augustus Watson (January 18, 1854 – December 13, 1934) was an assistant to Alexander Graham Bell, notably in the invention of the telephone in 1876. He is best known because, as the recipient of the first telephone call - although coming from just the next room - his name became the first words ever said over the phone. “Mr. Watson - Come here - I want to see you,” Bell said when first using the new invention, according to Bell’s laboratory notebook.[1] There is some dispute about the actual words used, as Thomas Watson, in his own voice, remembered it as “Mr. Watson - Come here - I want you,”
source: wikipedia

2 Likes

Hapo umetudaganya lakini haisuru…
Was that Margaret’s maiden name? If so, who calls his girlfriend/wife by her maiden name?
But on a positive note, its much better than picking the phone and answering with a “margaret!”

1 Like

hejheheje

Watermark shows its from a worldclass comedian.

1 Like

I Quote

"
No. This is a popular hoax on internet.

Mabel Hubbard was Bell’s girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876.

Graham Bell actually never used the term “hello” . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said “Come-here. I want to see you.”

The word “Hello” actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.

In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh:

Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away.
What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00."

liked!

hapa kuna key.