Harmonize Embu tour at JAVA blue. When will kenyans stop worshipping Bongo and Naija musicians.

Listening to Kenyan music is akin to this
[ATTACH=full]494250[/ATTACH]

Add wanting to pay peanuts for premium work.

True. Na hizo ngoma huwa zinaboo sana

Hio entrance fee afadhali nikule lanye mkia

Those genge tones bana zinaundwa bedroom studios kule eastlando. You can’t expect artistic excellence at 4k per track. Pure peasantry and it shows even in the scruffy videos full of hoodrats and maodi. Hii ndio culture and art you wanna export worldwide?? Please

buuda calm down. he inferred when any premium work is done and not necessarily kwa music biz, not this stuff you talmbout.

Kenyan studios are just mini brothels and avenues for drug abuse. No wonder groups like PUnit who were once the hottest thing collapsed because Musyoka couldn’t stand their bhang smoking and whoring behavior at Decimal Records. .

Bongo Iko saw. Acheni chuki na kiwaru majamaa

Your point is correct,but still it does not negate what I have said.The west Africans are doing great internationally I will give them credit for that.But everything starts with local support,these guys support their own massively from the onset.We have Sauti Sol who have been consistent for over 10 years ,but the support they receive is minimal.The music industry from Hip hop to reggae is always built on local support and pride.I remember watching diamond when he was starting out, with low quality music videos and yet he could fill up a stadium in Tanzania.The same with Wiz Kid and Burna boy.If people don’t show up for shows,then you don’t make money ,and it costs money to make music.So growth is impossible without money and local support.You can’t pay 1k for a Sauti Sol and Nyashinski gig,but you will pay tripple that for a foreign guy with one or two hits,and with lyrics that you don’t even understand.Then you shout " Kenyan musicians hawana message" Ni message gani iko kwa aporoto ashawo ashawo ,ausha ausha.

Very true…so many of us are guilty of ignoring local talent…ask me any sauti sol song and I will only mention ile ya kila mtoto na saani yake…sijui ngoma yoyote ya nyashinski as a solo artist…but I know his songs akiwa na klepto…but ask me any opeta wa musungu songs and I will name all of them…same to Harry Ritchie and Webuye express…I do attend their shows…lakini hawa wenu hawana any known identity so siwezani…we listen to South African music because they have a unique and time tested sound…similar to bongo and West Africans…hapa Kenya you aren’t sure what you are listening to…so thanks, I will stick to opeta musungu, Albert Gacheru, Peter kiggia, katitu boys and Gloria muliro

Yet their music is all over Kenya and infact, they fetch most of their YouTube views from this side of the border then their side.