Happiness

Very true.

You always appear to be in a competition. Relax and just appreciate life.

Include kushindana. Hata kwa comments he will argue to emerge the winner. Ukirusha sweep inakuwa vita kali sana :D:D

I think @Azor Ahai character is like Patrick Batman from American Psycho.

This post reminds me of this scene on American Psycho.

@Jimit with his IQ of 60 is unable to comprehend most topics.

What @Azor Ahai is saying is that vanity is not possible without comparison. OK? Oh, Jimmy :D:D:D

Its time i watch this movie now. Dope scene! Maybe nikwatch i’ll understand nani better:D

100% correct. In fact, niliwahi sema iyo kitu apa ata

Happiness is the expansion of power, the feeling that resistance is being overcome

If that the case then poor people will be always be depressed and rich always happy

Not really. Poor people live with other poor people. Rich people also live with other rich people. So comparisons never end. Secondly, I stated clearly that the approach is not restricted to material things. It can apply to education, talent/competence, popularity, networks etc not just wealth. Just because someone is poor doesn’t mean that he can’t be happy. For example, a poor man who just recovered from a disease is happier than a rich man who just got a diagnosis for a life-threatening disease.

Happiness is about being comfortable , acceptance and sense of peace of what you have. Someone may have terminal disease but he is happier than a healthy person, or a poor person may be happier than a rich person . It is all about being content of what you have

A good summary you have there. It’s all about kutosheka. At times someone can work so hard trying to achieve great things to be happy. Anafika hapo anaona hakuna kitu inam jazz.

“But you ain’t never gonna be happy till you love yours” ~ Jermaine Cole.

@Azor Ahai I believe there’s a portion for everyone in this universe. As long as one works hard, smart and becomes right with God, that exactly is their portion in this life. The most critical thing is to be satisfied in whatever situation you’re in as you work to be better. But understand, there’s a limit to what you can achieve/accumulate. You may probably never own a Rolls-Royce. You may probably never marry Miss Venezuela. You may probably never be as popular as Michael Jackson. Etc. But you must never forget how far you’ve come from.

We sometimes don’t acknowledge how much luck is an important factor in what we call success. How many people who were much smarter or gifted than us have failed to launch?
Let’s learn to be grateful. It’s the antidote to this accumulation problem.

Here we go again with the politically correct hypocritical bullcrap. It is against human nature to be contented. That’s why @Gaza walks in random directions to steal cattle. That’s why Elon is building rockets to go to space. Nobody is content with everything they have…NOBODY. I’ve come to realize that people like giving politically correct “kind” answers to hide their true nature.

Happiness is Man plucking a flower dead and claiming her for his own… Happiness is entitlement, selfishness… Ego incarnate. No man/womyn should be “happy”…

I have suffered material deprivation,I have had things that others don’t e.g a job.I am not wealthy but I don’t starve either.There are things that have made me sad eg death of loved ones,collapse of marriage ,family isolation etc.But there are things that surely make me happy or is it excited.They could all be fleeting but they make me happy .hope I don’t doxx my self) but they are 1)Having a flat tummy ,I don’t go to the gym just eating clean and press ups in the house 2)Being smartly dressed3)Seeing my work in print (I contribute in one of the print media outlets in the region 4)Talking to my grandma (we very close) she is funny ,full of wit with an incisive commentary on any issue under the sun 5)A very organized and clean house 6 )speaking in public (I used to be a stammerer .Some guys I used to be in school with still wonder how I overcame if all.

Happiness is relative

That’s not true.

Like someone has said up there, what you have described is a definition of a narcissistic or some funny personalities who enjoys having things while others don’t have it (and are probably suffering because of that)

Happiness is when you have something that the mind tells you that you need to have. As simple as that

For example, what your mind tells you that you need to have could be a good career, good health, touring the world or even stuff like drugs, women etc

And the mind draws these stuff from the environment you have been exposed to (or you have exposed it to)

If you live in a world where kids are playing games and you are a kid too, you will be like I also need a play station to be happy (because that’s what you have seen people doing)

If you live in a world where people value religious purity, you will be like, I also need to be pure. And after you are pure you will have satisfaction and be happy.

If you live in a world where people value goats e.g in a nomadic pastoralists life, you will also have to acquire some goats to have that satisfaction and be happy

And so on.

back then I really wanted a car with sunroof. I thought after acquiring it, my life would be complete . After 3 days of having it ,the happy feeling disappeared.

No material things have ever satisfied a human being . That’s why you find a Holly Wood celeb with a 100 roomed mansion in a 2000 acre farm overlooking the antlantic ocean still looking for more and such.

True peace my brethren is found in Jesus . True happiness doesn’t exist. Maybe in heaven

Heaven doesn’t exist either brethren …

The problem is that people want to be praised 'messiah feel’