Gypsum wall partitions vs Regular Stone walls

And one man armed with only a single nail can destroy the whole house kwa nusu saa

You are talking to a real fundi who has been in the trade longer than you have been alive. Gypsum will cost you more than masonry and the results will be horrible.

Lakini mzae mbona huchukuii marangi kwangu?

[ATTACH=full]345115[/ATTACH]

Gypsum is not a bad idea if you have lots of future guaranteed resources.
That allows you to change partitions and settings, even complete interior renovations.

American buildings are made of these because they are always changing land and space use.

Not practical for our home settings where income is fluid. Imagine if for some reason a tornado were to wipe out your whole village.
How many can rebuild?

True, care must be taken to avoid leaks.

Za kariobangi na za wahindi siwezani. Tunatumia za China.

Hakuna tornado hapa kwetu… @Mangele you have away too long!

I am not sure I can dispute that given the abundant local poor workmanship and most inefficient habits doing everything.

Key words:

Imagine if for some reason :D:D:D

I did not imply that exterior walls be made of Gypsum boards…just interior partitions

Plaster walls well skim nicely and paint like a man who means it.

It seems in this lifetime there is nothing we will ever agree on. To me Gypsum is the most ugly , artificial building crap ever invented by man.

It’s very practical. And you can do it yourself. At least when doing fixes. I will show you in a lil bit, let me cut and paste some stuff.

This brings us to the major advantage of Gypsum boards. Very easy fix on Gypsum. 30 minutes fix. You can do it yourself in minutes. [SIZE=6]First of all fix the source of the water leak. [/SIZE][SIZE=4]If the source is behind the wall, voila, breaking the boards gives you access. With a stone wall, you have to break the wall. [/SIZE]The gypsum boards come in pieces. You can simply cut out a whole pieces and replace. Or cut out the damaged part and fix as shown.

[ATTACH=full]345137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]345130[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]345131[/ATTACH]

Cut out a piece from the damaged section From a new drywall cut a matching section and nail into the hole

[ATTACH=full]345133[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]345136[/ATTACH]

Use joint mesh tape for the joining edges Plaster and paint over

cc @T.Vercetti

Gypsum if installed right has a superb finish. It doesn’t even require much skill. In fact it doesn’t even require a fundi. Now if you give it to fundis who have no clue, you are back into the well.

And why would you let your baby mama come inside your house?:D:D

But seriously this is not possible. That material on the boards is very tough. In fact you need a serrated blade to cut through and it takes a lot of effort. Now couple that with the fact that a wall is made of a layer of 2 boards. Even when thugs break into homes, they rather enter rooms by breaking doors. Never heard of breakins through gypsum walls.

Gypsum nehiii,I know someone who is redoing his ceiling thanks to a leaking roof

Best for partitioning commercial buildings for benefits of changing the floor plan to suit different uses. For a your residential house I’ll advise you maintain the traditional building options brick or stone masonry.