God or Evolution?

I can bet everything that I much more experienced and educated than you are… I have read all those theories and proofs, but I am much more convinced about Creation Theory… Even after reviewing all that documentation…

If we evolved from chimpanzees how come we don’t hear pop up news that “A chimpanzee from X forest has evolved into human.More news to come.” Ama zote will evolve into humans at once ? :D:D:D:D

Were you brought up in a religious or atheist family background? If you were brought up in a religious environment, what did you do to ensure your religious bias does not interfere with how you interpreted these theories and proofs?

I was brought up in a non religious family. We used to work when other people are in Church. I investigated everything and used to follow Hindu and Islamic teachings as well as Christian ones in my teenage years, without the help of anybody. When I say Jesus, I do not say it from a religious point of view but from my personal knowledge of him… Not theories… I challenge you to study the theory of evolution, and other religious practices and make your decision.

A chimp CANNOT evolve into a human. A chimp is an ape that evolved into a chimp. A human is an ape that evolved into a human. So why are you drawing the conclusion that a chimp will become a human or vice versa? If you leave Nairobi in a bus heading to Kisumu and your friend leaves Nairobi in a different bus heading for Mombasa, can you two arrive at Kisumu? You went different directions so how can you end up in the same destination?

Are you @Acoustic by any chance

No.

So your dad and mum were atheists, correct?

Not confessed atheists. But they did not give a damn about religion. I PERSONALLY made my decision… and we disagreed with my parents a few times.

Fine but the school you went and the people you were around, media, entertainment, etc all were majority theists. When you started your research you started it as a theist seeking confirmation of what you already knew, that God exists. Or were you an atheist who finally became a theist?

BTW I knew about God early in life. In a personal way. What was not clear is whether to follow the God of Agikuyu, God of the Muslims, Hindus, Christians and so-on… So, as far as I know, I was never an atheist but was not a believer of Jesus Christ until I was 18 years old… I believe that you have a choice to investigate your beliefs and the documents you read, then decide what is more convincing… God does not force anybody to believe in Him. If you desire to know Him, you will. Mark this post and revert after seeking the truth on your own.

I thought we were discussing science of evolution and not theology of gods. Gods is another topic all together

This thread came from another thread about gods and that is why I got tagged… The theory of evolution is great to read and stimulate our thinking capabilities… that’s all!

Nilisikia chimpanzee iko na pucci tight kushinda humans

unaeza lipa ngapi?:smiley:

Include these pics to complete the discussion.

[ATTACH=full]402674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]402673[/ATTACH]

But he does! Sisi atheists our fate is hellfire unless we change and start believing. Anyway, this was a good debate bro.

:smiley: wacha siasa wewe

The main problem with macro evolution for me is the information factor.

To move from Chimp to Man, you’d have to add an incredible amount of useful code to the genome in an absurdly short time.

This is what I mean.

Evidences for evolution all largely evidence of devolution (loss of information)

Macro evolution predicts such addition of genetic info as is yet unobserved.

The rarity of the addition of genetic data is obscene. Also, life appeared suddenly in the geological calendar. In fact, it was way more diverse then, than it is now.

Genetic mutations are also not a good explanation for evolution because you’d have to believe that useful mutations are very frequent and they info to the genome frequently.

Again the complexity if the DNA and RNA is a whole other thing.

Come to think of it , it might be true we evolved and the turning point was when we became conscious (ate the forbidden fruit) and thereafter saw our nakedness. If any of you have read Eckhart Tolle’s power of now and read about the concept of God being conciousness and not about an old white man ‘up there’ as it has been portrayed widely in the media you would agree with me. Another thing to consider is that the bible could have been written symbolically as symbolism was oftenly used in the ancient times!